Has Science proved the REAL date of the apocalypse? If so, then its not anytime soon

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Imagine2005, Oct 16, 2005.

1. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Your messiah has told you to do a lot of things, not to mention the fact everyones perception of what is said is different. And many of the things the bible tells us is plain cruel and out of date. It's time we get over the growing pains of religion and think for ourselves and we may learn a few things or two.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

it is a mistake to paint ALL humans the same. it is really only the strain of humans who got caught up in duaistic tinking which psychologically separated themselves from Nature and Community who are bringin us all down. And this mindset includes your lot--the Christians.

For many many thousands of years humans lived intelligently with Nature not againstit

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

Fukin typos....meant to type "DUALISTIC THINKING"!....maybe tis began when an idea arose of 'spirits' being BEHIND things. ie., instead of inight that spirit is interfused wit matte. the idea arose of a spirit being, for example 'behind' the wind, te river, etc etc. Eventually it is abstracted to mean a monotheistic god behind 'creation' itself....!
    also in Zoroastrianism we got te concept of a 'good spirit' in eternal conflict wit an 'evil spirit'.....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GodlessEvil God is dead Registered Senior Member

Yeah but you would agree that we are more likely to face an asteriod within the next million years.

The human race has no possible way of surviving an asteriod collision.

And your argument about nuclear war is debatable, while the destruction of property, government and people would be severe the real problem is in the radiation which continues to kill and damage genetics over time, along with increase in disease and mutations.

We could survive an ice age i guess, depends what comes first, if you have nuclear war followed by an ice age you have serious problems.

More on the science fiction line, it is possible we develop AI to a sufficient level that it wishes to take over and destroy every last human on the planet, and unlike the terminator film i don't think there will be any time travel saviour.

8. Adstar Valued Senior Member

What is "DUALISTIC THINKING" to you duendy? Just so i can try to understand what your getting at? Before i give a proper reply?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

9. Adstar Valued Senior Member

As for humans surviving disasters. Yes humans have survived great disasters before but usually the disasters have been spaced out and they have been of a singular type. That is a great volcanic eruption happens here in history and a great plague happens there and an ice age happens then and so on.

But what i am talking about is a series of different great disasters happening in quick succession. Both man made and "natural".

Lets say we have a nuclear war with genetically modified virus weapons thrown in, something like highly contagious air born Ebola. and also throw into the mix genetically modified super blights designed to destroy the enemies crops. While this is going on lets have the sun put on a massive solar episode at the same time the earth’s magnetic field is doing a polar shift. Then a mass extinction event meteor strike, blocking out the sun and turning the world into darkness. Let the meteor trigger a massive volcanic event and the greatest earthquake ever recorded in human history.

BANG BANG BANG BANG,,, BANG BANG BANG. your dead.

10. duendy Registered Senior Member

the psychological split between Nature and 'spirit'. AS i say, i am understanding that the origins of this idea may have begun when it was believed a 'spirit world' existed 'apart' from 'material reality', nd that 'spirits' were BEHIND things. so, for example whereas previous spirit was interelated with all creation....ie., Nature was alive. a mindset may have arisen where they believed that eg., the Wind had A 'wind god/godess' BEHIND it, the river, the tree, etc etc. And rom tis idea came n idea of sacrificing TO so and so 'god' .....So , can you ee, that would be the development of an idea of a split between spirit and matter?

Then we get a higher sbtraction of this idea, whereby a SINGLE 'God' is believed to be BEHIND all creation. Notice NOT immanent, bit apart from/transcendental

This duality translated into modern scientific terms is 'the mind/body problem'. I.e., te basic oroginal psychological split modifies itself through the ages, not REALLY being resolved.

11. Adstar Valued Senior Member

But i do not understand where you see the link between what you call dualism and Christians being split from nature?

So i will have to ask another question.

What does "being split from nature" actually mean to you. And what are the everyday outcomes of this?

12. duendy Registered Senior Member

What you are seeing all around you. The utter disrespect for Nature, and for other spcies, and te genrations of othe spcies and ours to come.
    The utter alienation and desolation people feel, including our children, and no answer for their pain.
    The manipulations by the power elite who probabl follow rather a Luciferian philosophy than Chritan one, yet both are mirror images of each other and dualistic. All of this is pretty doom-laden. we have got to wake up to what is going on!

13. Adstar Valued Senior Member

So your saying that belief in God causes people to have no regard for nature? Well of course i disagree. Disregard for the natural world is independent of belief in God. It has more to do with greed. All we have to do is look at a full on atheist nation like China - a nation that actively persecutes religious belief.

China is the questionable beneficiary of the strike pollution controls of more developed western nations and The international ecological treaty of carbon emissions. The transfer of world industry to china has been dramatic over the last 10 years. There are 3 major reasons for this.

1) The most obvious Cheap suppressed labour.

2) China is exempt from the carbon emissions treaty.

3) China has woeful ecological protection laws and the laws that exist can be disregarded by a relatively small bribe to corrupt local officials.

So the end result is that industries in western nations are being closed down and transferred to china. The new factories that are springing up all over the place in china have no expensive pollution control add-ons. They are less efficient carbon users. But this inefficiency is more than compensated by the very low wages and reduced costs of having no pollution control installations fitted. So the practical end effect of the greed and corruption and the international treaty on carbon emissions is to move lesser polluting industries to china where no regard for pollution is evident.

One of my family members visited china 2 years ago on a business trip with her husband. She told me that on most days she never saw the sun. All she saw was a lighter coloured brownish smudge in the sky.

I think i got a little off tract there sorry. Anyway the greatest motivational factor for the destructive plunder of the earth is the greed for greater profits and greed for kickbacks.

14. duendy Registered Senior Member

All Praise to the EARTH, our home, and the home for many generations to come--notonly pur species, but all species

15. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

And the biggest polluter would be the most religious nation in the developed world. 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the pollution. All with the reluctance to do anything about it.

China I don't think is a good example as it is a communist state. Secular states have a better awareness of the environment. A quick look at the US will tell you how much a fundie Christian cares about the environment with their SUV's in the garage!

16. macabre Registered Senior Member

Science nor anyone else on this earth could tell you when the end is. You seem to miss the part in the bible where Jesus states that only the Father knows the time for the end.

17. Adstar Valued Senior Member

We should never worship the created only the Creator. Being good managers of the created is a worthy thing But it should never lead us to nature worship. This world and nature is and will suffer greatly until the intervention of the Messiah Jesus. Without that intervention all flesh would perish. Animals included. But in the Messiahs kingdom animals will have their place with us. A return if you like to the garden of eden.

Isaiah 11
    The Reign of Jesse’s Offspring
    1 There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse,
    And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
    2 The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him,
    The Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
    The Spirit of counsel and might,
    The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
    3 His delight is in the fear of the LORD,
    And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes,
    Nor decide by the hearing of His ears;
    4 But with righteousness He shall judge the poor,
    And decide with equity for the meek of the earth;
    He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth,
    And with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked.
    5 Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins,
    And faithfulness the belt of His waist.
    6 “ The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
    The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
    The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
    And a little child shall lead them.
    7 The cow and the bear shall graze;
    Their young ones shall lie down together;
    And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
    8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole,
    And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.
    9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,

For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD
    As the waters cover the sea.

Also we will be all good vegetarians,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Revelation 2:
    7 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.”’

Revelation 22
    1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him.

18. Adstar Valued Senior Member

The Bible states that no one will know the Day or the Hour. But the Bible gives us clear signs of the times that will show us that the return of the Messiah in imminent.

Matthew 24
    36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,[e] but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming

I have never claimed an hour, a date, or even a year for the return of the Messiah Jesus.

Mark 13
    14 “So when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not” (let the reader understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15 Let him who is on the housetop not go down into the house, nor enter to take anything out of his house. 16 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 17 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 18 And pray that your flight may not be in winter. 19 For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be. 20 And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.
    21 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it. 22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
    The Coming of the Son of Man

24 “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; 25 the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.

28 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So you also, when you see these things happening, know that it is near—at the doors!

Jesus gave us the signs to look for. So that we will know that He is returning. We will not be caught by surprise.

19. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

It must be right then!

The problem is, even if the real Jesus came. He wouldn't be believed as we live in much more complex times. Unless he could actually prove he was the son of God, upon which time he would conveniently say "Thou shallst look to the sky for proof my good man".

This is the 21st century. People will not easily believe his tricks and call them miracles. We will be able to logically explain him and conclude that he is a magician. Holy shit! Maybe David Blaine is J.C!

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

21. duendy Registered Senior Member

and as i say....All Praise to the Abundance of Nature, Our True Home.......

22. Adstar Valued Senior Member

The Messiah's second coming will be nothing like His first time here.

He will not be born a new baby because He already has a body, the one He left it.

Jesus will return in great power and might it will be awesome. No one will be putting Him in a straight jacket

many will be hiding within the mountains hoping that they will fall on them to save them from the wrath of the Lamb of God/ Jesus

Revelation 6
    15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders,the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

23. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I cannot honestly sit here and believe that you believe this shit. Btw, what exactly will I do given that there aren't any mountains around here?