Halo vs Star Wars

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by ProphetofWisdom, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

My god, are you serious? I don't even see it as necessary to give a reason on how the Droid army could destroy the Flood, must I give you a list of all the droids they use which there over a million, if not billion of those individual types of droids, of which almost all are completely superior to the Sentinels.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Didact Registered Senior Member

Too much droids to give a list about but i checked some droids on wookiepedia,they are powerful but don't better then some sentinels like the shield world variant.

But i'm gonna give a list about the known sentinel variants:

Minor sentinel:

-energy shields
    -one orange colored sentinel beam
    Repair themself when being damaged

Sentinel major:

A stronger version with stronger blue beams and an energy shield.

Enforcer:
    Essentially heavy Sentinels, Enforcers are equipped with a variety of offensive and defensive weaponry, including Heavy Needlers Missile Projectiles, Sentinel Beams, and duel Energy Shields covering both their top and bottom halves. They are designed to handle major Flood outbreaks but are also capable of defending their Halo Installation from external threats. They are the size of a covenant drop ship and can destroy vehicles with their claws.

Super sentinel:

They have heavy sentinel beams and energy shields.Their beams are strong enough to combat heavy vehicles like wraiths.

Constructors:

Constructors are small machines that repair Forerunner structures with their beams that appear to be damaged.

Protectors:

Are small sentinels with a pulse laser,energy shields and capable of repairing.

Srato sentinels:

Are massive sentinels designed for mining and constructing.They can also be used for combat as they were seen fighting the flood in halo legends unless it was another strato sentinel variant.

Unidentified Sentinel Variant was an extremely large Sentinel-like machine used by the Forerunners during the Forerunner-Flood War. It is the largest Sentinel variant observed to date, dwarfing the Strato-Sentinel in comparison. Its armament includes an extremely powerful energy weapon, capable of firing a lightning-fast energy beam at long range and producing an explosion powerful enough to level entire cities.That explosion cause by the weapon is rated in teraton or higher.

Onyx sentinel:

It's energy shield is capable of deflecting fast moving objects like weapons
    It is also very adaptive, each Sentinel transmitting its combat footage to an unknown intelligence that continually upgrades Onyx Sentinel combat algorithms. As per a Spartan: "We are teaching it how to fight." The Onyx Sentinels can also merge together
    for a variety of purposes, such as combining to increase firepower and shield strength, architectural purposes, and forming clusters to protect Onyx.

Onyx Sentinels are also known to have other specific tasks beside combat, much like other types of Sentinels. Because of their modular shape, they can transform into several different types of configurations. For example, they can interlace into oblong-shaped formations, which are used for excavating and earth-moving. In the center of the worm-shaped configuration travels a continuous stream of stone. This type of configuration has been observed excavating the underground Forerunner city on Onyx, to allow access to the Shield World within. These variants are not hostile, unless provoked.

Another, more original role of the Onyx Sentinels was making up the entire planetary structure of Onyx. Under the artificial and entirely terraformed surface were trillions of these machines, forming the megastructure. In the end of the battle of Onyx, as the portal to the Shield World closed, the artificial planet dissolved with the sentinels decimating a Covenant fleet. It is unknown if they rearranged to form the planetary structure after this.

One onyx sentinels beam could destroy a spartan in a single shot.It is also able to attenuate its booms to the various signals, such as that of UNSC COM channels, and can actually speak the Human archaic language and root language of Latin.

The Sentinels on Onyx have beams with temperatures as high as 15,000 Kelvin

Guardian sentinel:

Unknown weapon but are larger then covenant assault carriers.

And the flood....have flood forms that can't be killed and will regenerate,how do you counter flood forms the size of spaceships???I never saw droids the size of spaceships,something the flood and sentinels have.And droids don't have the firepower to combat spaceships unless you give them a spaceship to drive,sentinels can.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

You seriously want a list? I can guarantee they outnumber the Flood and the Sentinels 10 to one if not more

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ricrery Banned Banned

ICS states there are at least 1 quintillion of them. Massive numbers.

8. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Actually, those were just the droids in reserve, and there were still billions and billions if not trillions of deactivated droids.

9. Skullkid Take your pick..... Registered Senior Member

There are millions upon millions of Flood roaming the galaxy. One infected Flood carrier can produce 10 Flood at once. Not to mention, their eggs carry 25 Flood at once. And they can lay up to 500 eggs in 1 day. In one year, they could easily stand up to the CIS.

P.S: Their tentacles can pierce the material that standard battle droids and some Super battle droids are made of.

10. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

And the CIS droids could be activated and restart the droid factories, then what? Gameover.

11. Forceman May the force be with you Registered Senior Member

If that's the case, why couldn't they be reactivated after Sidious had Darth Vader order their termination. After the Battle of Yavin, no one had heard about an reemergence of CIS droids ever since and the battle continued between "humans" & "humans" and humans only. - droids would only be used for domestic purposes, as protocol droids, for construction, as R2 units, for trade, and other general purpose things.

12. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

He never ordered Darth Vader to terminate them. I quote "Darth Vader, order all CIS droids to shut down immediately."
    That is precisely what he did, the droids that were left drifting space were never dealt with, therefor if someone accessed Mustafar they could have reactivated the droids, as will be the case in this war. Besides, the CIS droid factories were running at full steam, they were never ordered to shutdown.

13. Skullkid Take your pick..... Registered Senior Member

That is where the Covenant glassing ships come in. They could glass Mustafar and, therefore, never be able to reactivate the droid army. Thus, nullifying any chance to bring droids into the fight again. EVER. SCORE: Covenant: 1 CIS:0

14. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

And lets see, do your forces know anything about our galaxy? Short answer: NO. Secondly: Locations such as this would protected as the CIS droids would be considered very valuable assets, but expandable assets unfortunately.

15. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Edit: about the Star Wars galaxy

16. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

skull, correct me if I am wrong, but since when would the covenant actually work hand in hand with the flood? Or vice versa.

Oh well, trek could kick both wars and halo's asses.

17. ricrery Banned Banned

WRONG! The Covenant fire mid gigaton weapons, the Feds can't conjure more up more than low megatons at best, besides watch as how the Covenant destroy Reach with grace

Hell, it takes over 3 teratons to take down a Covenant ship's shields. And each MAC does 1.17 teratons, not talking about the SUPER MAC that does 10 teratons, which is too much for the Borg, let alone the Federation.

Concede or be torn apart!

18. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Ricery, I see that as total bullshit, show me your proof that CIS ships don't have that kind of power, we outnumber you, and outgun you.

19. ricrery Banned Banned

Read closer, I was talking about Star Trek, the destruction of Reach took 36 ships, but 1 Acclamator could do it in the same time.

20. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Alright, I thought you were talking about the CIS when you mentioned the Feds, if you say they are weaker I can find proof that they are not.

21. Didact Registered Senior Member

Still waiting for your so called superior droids,i suppose you haven't any good a

22. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

You want superior droids. Just look at the Yuzhann Vong Hunter droids. Or the IG series, the one that produced the famous IG-88.

23. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The Magma-guards were pretty decent, the YVH droids can match an average Jedi Knight of a equal basis