Halo 3!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by madanthonywayne, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

It's just a new player. A "newbie".

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Wasn't this supposed to be out LAST year?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I was so pissed after beating Halo 2. The ending was basically BUY HALO 3!!! Deliberate stretch IMO. I'll stick with playing Halo 2 a couple of times a year.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Reiku Banned Banned

''Consoles are for .......... NOOBS...''
    No there not. I was playing them since i was something like 6 years old, the old and antiquated Nintendo... God.. anyone remember that banger? And ever since, my heart has always been there for them.

''I never understood people who prefer to game on their computer.''
    I never found one or the other more exciting. I still don't see why one can't do both... I'm still to get games for the PC mind you. I might go and get some. If i do, you won't see me here as often... which isn't really much as it is.

Reiku

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

FPS games have never interested me. Flight sims are the only ones that have ever held my interest. And you'll never see realistic flight sims on a console. They are too limited in appeal. They'll always be niche games, with an audience willing to build their own high power PCs to play them on.

8. Dunn11x Jesus Christ is The Messiah! Registered Senior Member

He's not talking about getting the 360 too right?

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

all i know is that they marketing associated with halo 3 to me shows that microsoft knows it cannot compete with sony and nintendo. a super aggressive marketing campaign is ussually used to help a product that cannot stand on its own. ( the product i'm refering to is the 360 not halo with is a good game but is on a bad system)

10. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Well pjdude1219, their marketing paid off (not that I dont think it would of been otherwise unsuccessful, it's a good game series). They've already had massive sales. The cool thing about Halo versus a lot of ps and nintendo games is that it appeals to the mainstream. Something that is changing in video games (their supposed to overtake the movie industry). I think it is just the new style rather than microsoft's style. In the old days, it was a niche market so advertising was different. I think this also answers the question of why play an inferior shooting game (controller rather than mouse). It's because it levels out the skill level and makes it more appealing to all groups. Like the really young and old.

P.S. One minor thing I liked about Halo was the soundtrack... http://youtube.com/watch?v=72U3E3rzQro

11. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

I don't understand how people can say the 360 is a bad system. What is so bad about it? It has a great, easy to use online function (Xbox Live). People will complain about having to pay for it, but you're paying for quality, and I personally do not mind paying $50 a year to play.

The graphics, in my opinion, are excellent, and I don't want to hear "OMG BUT PS3 HAS THE CELL PROCESSOR!!!" The PS3 has proven nothing to me.

Plus, the 360 has a very strong selection of games, and even downloadable vintage and arcade games.

I don't think the PS3 has anything on the 360... the only thing that comes close is the Wii, and that's because it's so much fun to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.