halloween

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by robtex, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I figured I'd go around in a suit, steal kids' candy, beat them up, and then have them arrested as provocateurs when they call the police. In other words, I'm going to dress up for Hallowe'en as a Republican.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

On Halloween, I'll be doing homework. As usual. That's what I do on all holidays.

I dress up as a witch once in a while anyways, and as a ghost, too; who needs Halloween to freak out the neighbors?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Most probably I'll be asleep.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vslayer Registered Senior Member

bugger, i just real/ised its on a sunday, ill have to convince my parents to let me go to town anyway

8. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Of course it is on Sunday, don't you read newspapers? All those christians are yammering about people dressing up as devils and demons on the day of the lord. A good reason to do it anyway.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Also, British supermarkets try to keep teens from buying eggs on Halloween...

9. cybercom Your face will crack. Registered Senior Member

I dunno.. maybe I'll be Batman. Paint my teeny car black and turn it into the batmobile.

HOT! Anyways, who wants to be Robin? Or maybe I'll make clothes completely out out of duct tape and call myself Indestructible Girl! Duct tape makes the world go round

!

10. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

"British supermarkets try to keep teens from buying eggs on Halloween..."

LOL! that is so stupid

hehe, im gonna dress up as Jesus, find all the Christians and trick or treat em like crazy

11. robtex Registered Senior Member

better yet be a zombie batman but don't wear a cape...walk around and say "who stole my cape, who stole my cape?"

If you really want to be sinister carry the ducktape and a big plastic knife with you while wearing a ski mask.....

instead of painting your car black , paint your bike black dress up as bateman but wear a shirt that says "I'm with Lance (armstrong)

12. vslayer Registered Senior Member

drese up as a hustler then follow chicks around until they tell you to fuck off

13. vslayer Registered Senior Member

drese up as a hustler then follow chicks around until they tell you to fuck off

14. robtex Registered Senior Member

happy halloween

15. Ghost III Banned Banned

vslayer
    yeah that will be funny!!!!

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Over here it's called All Saints Day and is a silent remembering and honouring time.
    Some follow the old tradition and put food for the feast to the dead which is the culmination of the Velu laiks or the time of the dead, At Velu laiks (second half of October) the shadows – spirits of the dead - visit the farmsteads to look over the life of the household and to bring blessings for the course of future life and work. Special feasts are prepared in the threshing barns, saunas, or the living room.

--
    but nowadays due to the globalization many children are celebrating Halloween as you understand it, but it's not wide spread

17. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

It no longer has a name here, but if I remember correctly, this time of year, people tended to put out milk, food and so on to appease the dead (but that was an all year tradition...). But the wild hunt is said to ride through the night sometime around helloween, a hunt led by Odin and followed by the ghosts of the deceased, raiding through barns and streets, taking any with them that cross their way...

But it must have been 700 years since those traditions have been remembered and honored.

18. Roman Banned Banned

I'm going to a punk show as a Muslim Suicide Bomber.

19. Ghost III Banned Banned

hahahaha it will be good if you get arrested!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

21. Ghost III Banned Banned

wish i was there!!!

22. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

23. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Quick synopsis:

Halloween, like marriage, is a dying farce.
    Went as myself to people-watch downtown, and what did I find?
    Not zombies or grim reapers or chubby girls who stuffed themsevles in bunny outfits for this one night that obesity trying to pass off as sexy is not ridiculed- no, not that anymore.
    None of the stuff that makes this holiday interesting.

Halloween has become a bunch of drunks and preps in convertibles crusing downtown with other drunks and preps- no trick-o-treaters showing up at your door to be tortured or cashiers you could spook with a fake hold-up (you're not even allowed to enter stores nowadays with a mask on)- all of this has died out.

All we're left with is the pub halls and the clubs where idiots gather to drink and give out their phone numbers. Oooh.
    Ahhh.
    They do this every day of the year, but only louder on Halloween.
    BURN THEM ALL.

Recommending: "Saw", cliche American get-up, but nice thesis.