Gun Control, Really?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Woody, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

spuriousmonkey

I am afraid you are wrong, livable societies are guarantied by the right to defend your self and your family, if you look around the world, societies that restrict that are becoming less and less safe and the scum of the world are preying on the innocents, we are afraid to walk our street at night, go into our parks, do business in areas of our cities, we now lock our doors at night, we have to fear going to school, we aren't even safe in our own cars when we travel, look around the world the dark side is winning, and we are told not to defend our selves because we might make them even more dangerous, yes I wonder if we are not headed for another dark age, were the meanest asshole makes the rules, and you pay the price, live on the whim of someone else's paranoia, as for me I will fight and protect my own, and do so as long as is possible to do so, and then pass my weapons on to my sons, and grandsons.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Broad question. More specific please.

What does it mean that I can own a car? A house? Pets? Tools?

Do you own a car?
    Is the convenience of living on the east coast worth the death and destruction that hurricanes cause?
    Millions of people seem to think so (for both questions).

IMO, convenience is a privledge, freedom is a right
    But you can't have convenience w/o freedom.

the United States of America

With the way this gub'mint has been bickering back and forth lately, you might.

Nope, but the Colonial United States did to overthrow the British!

You've been reading way too many conspiracy theory books and are looking way too far into this.
    Plain and simple: Americans like their guns. Whether it be for protection, sport, hunting, survival, what have you. Just like Americans like their beer, their soda, their hot dogs, their football games, their cars. Need I go on?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

how deep. You like your guns. By all means...go shoot each other.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I like my car too. Maybe I'll go run over somebody.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's right out of the Republican playbook- FEAR! Don't pay any attention to the root causes of violence in our society (excepting the odd maniac), just barricade yourself in your McMansion, watch Fox, be scared, and vote for an agenda that only makes it all worse.

9. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

We don't need art, science, medicine, or philosophy either. We don't need federal governments and social security programs to be human either.

The main argument for gun ownership IMO is not self-defense either. It is for the very reason that the second amendment exists in the first place; as a balance against the power of the state. It is an indelible fact of history that in order to subdue a population you must first disarm it. This holds true not only for foreign invasion but for oppressive governments as well. This is the reason the Constitution of the U.S. guarantees the right of it's citizenry to bear arms. As the last bastion of freedom against those who would rule.

Of course, Heinlein said it better:

~Raithere

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Well it's not working.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i am seriously devided within myself on this subject/issue.

i want to ask single questions at a time so i can keep a good solid train of thought on this without too much chaos.

do the people who back the right to bear arms believe it is ok to own certain arms and not others? if i can own a pistol/shotgun/rifle then should i be allowed to own an m16 an ak47 or an ar15 ? or hell even an rpg. if i should then why cant i, and if not then why not?

peace.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You can have all those things except the rocket launcher.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

anouther gunman has gone at it, he went into a nasa institute held hostages killed 1 guy then killed himself in houston (obviously)

he didnt do as well as cho though, only a single body now that just screams no effort,

foreshame

peace.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

im allowed a high powered fully automatic machine gun!!! seriously?

thats it im moving to the usa, i didnt think fully automatic weapons were allowed. i will appeal against the grenade launcher. what kind of society doesent allow a regular joe to own a tank busting launcher.

peace.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sure, I have a video from youtube of Hunter S. Thompson and Conan O'Brian shooting full auto guns up at Hunter's ranch. It just takes a special permit.

16. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

The doctor felt his own life was worth protecting. OK, so you don't agree.

I'm sure you don't know what you are talking about.

House calls in the slums come with their risks. Doctors carry drugs and paraphenalia with street value. Perhaps he should have just let the patient die that night. :shrug:

17. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

wow thats pretty screwed up, yet cool at the same time. i dont know what to think.

its stupid and very alarming, yet i cant help but want one, thats why americans are the way they are, i understand it now! they think guns are ok because the way they were brought up in society.

i myself wouldent mind owning a few of those bad boys, but yet its quite scary knowing mother fuckers are armed with these things, and yet you still get house burglary and robbery in the states?

who the fuck would break into anybodys house knowing they might be packing some serious automatic ass busting heat like an m16 or an ak47 i wouldent chance it no way,

peace.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Hunter S. Thompson - best american evar!

20. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

When they are crazy for drugs they'll do anything. Yes, they get their butts plugged with lead too.

21. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Did you see the clip of Hunter's modified rifle-pistol? I think it looks like a .233 caliber. Puts the 44 magnum to absolute shame.

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

thats a cane sword they are cool, i have a new favorite sword every month

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i wish i had mor time to master each sword i own, i love katanas they have nearly perfect cutting power, a real katana is able to cut through 7-8 people in one strike,

and thats not a myth or a lie its recorded fact in japan. the samurai used to cut through dead bodies of criminals in japan, the bodies were tied together either on a tree or the floor, and used as test cutting for initiation of a new blade, to test the blades "mettle" before it is given to a samurai to be used,

the bodies were then sewn back together by butchers and leather makers, then other common people were allowed to "give it a go" and chop up the people all over again, the most recorded bodies a hand forged katana has cut through in 1 single strike is 8 bodies.

tameshigiri this is called, it means "test cutting" but the chopping of bodies stopped after regime change

and after the change only samurai were allowed to own and walk the streets with swords.

then they started using fresh green bamboo wrapped with soaked straw mats for test cutting (i use the same) it perfectly resembles the resistence level of a real body to test the blade.

peace.

23. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

True.

This is because people have decided they would rather be "safe" than free. People like spurious who believe that the government's job is to tend to us like we are children. Of course, the safety is an illusion and being cared for like children means we only have the rights of children.

Still, arms are important. When things get bad enough there will be rebellion.

~Raithere