Greatest Undiscovered Archeological Treasure?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by John J. Bannan, Jul 3, 2007.

1. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Ark of the Covenant? Tomb of Atilla?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Atlantis?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

My girlfriend, she's yet to be found!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

She's not lost, she's avoiding you.

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Depends who you ask. Why did you put in the tomb of Attila? That is a good one IMO. LOADS of good stuff. Of course finding it will be absolute pure chance...

Personally, I think they've found a lot of good stuff that got swept under the rug(er under the smithsonian). Anything of that caliber found is going to go missing very fast, unless it were huge like a pyramid or somesuch. You'd be very surpised at what is in some private collector stashes.

9. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Attila's tomb was supposedly hidden under a river. He apparently was also buried with the Sword of God. It's probably still there for the taking.

10. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

heh sword of god...

I'm sure it was a real nice sword(the best made in his day) but sword of god? feh

Hidden under a river huh? Well that's a stupid place - it's probably all lost for good.

I wonder if in a thousand years they will call Custer's colts the "pistols of god" and justify some crazy dig to look for em'. Oh my, they would be worth a lot, even today they would.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Dang, that was a popular way to bury someone. Gilgamesh and Gehghis Khan were supposedly buried in rivers too.

12. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Gilgamesh was a fictional character, so that doesn't count. If Gehghis Khan was buried under a river, where?

13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Gilgamesh is currently a Legend or perhaps myth. Basically this happens to everyone whom makes it big, after all but one or two documents with their name on it are dust...

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Gilgamesh may have been in a story, but I have no reason to doubt he existed. Others mentioned with him have turned out to be real.
    And if I knew where Khan was buried, it wouldn't exactly be an undiscovered treasure would it??

15. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Well, I didn't expect you to know exactly where Khan was buried, but the name of the river would be nice.

16. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Glad you said that. The story of Noah and the Ark was copied from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

17. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Well, if the recently discovered 'lost tomb of Jesus' turns out to be a reality, it means that the skull of Jesus is also buried somewhere near Jerusalem.

We know this because when the ossury was orginally found in the 1980s the orthodox community removed the bones and re-buried them, according to their laws.

If its ever found it would certainty be the most important relic in western history.

18. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I'd like to see the Tomb of Alexander the Great found as well.

19. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Well if you want someone dead dug up; try your local cemetery.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Just because someone wrote an outlandish story about their king, doesn't mean he didn't exist. He was said to have descended from gods to make him seem more powerful. Didn't the Egyptian pharoahs do the same?

The story of Gilgamesh mentions kings Enmebaragesi and Aga of Kish. Both of them have now turned up in other historical records and are real kings.

Troy was once thought to me a myth, but they found it. They may find the tomb of Gilgamesh. In 2003 a German team uncovered a city thought to be Uruk, the city in the story where Gilgamesh was buried.

SO THERE!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Jesus was supposed to be a carpenter, right? I would like to see a piece of furniture he made.

22. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Maybe he was a shitty carpenter, that's why he had to become our savior?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Even better.