Great Green Gobs Of...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by goofyfish, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Correction: I said 'debate' my paper. What I meant was 'rip it up'

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Anyway, good for you Xev that you got back on the right track again, after running amok. What happened?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xev Registered Senior Member

Dearest Bebelina, while I am not suprised by your affections, I do not care to be 'devoured' by you. At this point in time, and thank you for the offer.

*Smiles smugly*

Tyler: Is there a way I could get a peek at this paper? Sounds quite interesting.

P.S: Yes, Bebs, everything is a sexual reference, if you have a mind like mine. Ye cannot prevail in this fight, and would best capitulate.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

The custard is speaking from inside my belly??? Maybe I need to go and pay the litterbox a visit....

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

Oh! She's coming back for another flame from the Xev.

On the right track - hmm, that would be Carl Sagan. I read one of his books and realized that I wanted to be a scientist. So, I put more efforts into study. It's probably one of the best things that ever happened to me, allowed me to focus on school no matter what home was like.

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Sure. I have to go find it on my school computers though. So expect it shortly! Or, I hope so. I highly doubt it's deleted from school comps.

It's actually a speech that was given as a paper to u of t through a guy on a radio station in toronto that got a hold of it.

Long story short, my dad works for a radio station and he brought in the paper, the paper gets read by one guy at the station. This guy knows a u of t affiliate who does a late night show on politics at a sister station (Mojo radio - talk radio for men). This guy gets a hold of it, reads it, gives it to other guys at the university. Other guys get a hold of me.

It was quite exciting for me. And very, very unexpected.

I got to sit in on philosophy classes at u of t because a guy I play shinny with and I got into a philosophical debate and when he found out I was 15 (I play the 18+ shinny games, much more challenging. If I play the 12-18 it ends up a game of 'walk around the little kids') he thought I was well-read for a kid. He invited me. I sat in. Not that exciting a story, or as flattering, but a story all the same!

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I applause that, more women are needed in science and taken in consideration that you are so young, there is hope that you will evolve from even Carl Sagan.

All in all, it´s better to study, whatever it is, than running amok.

11. Xev Registered Senior Member

Thanks, Bebe. I'd like to find a balance between the two.

For instance, this semester, I worked and studied constantly. Okay, now I have great grades, but now that the term is over (woo woo woo!), I don't know exactly what to do with myself.

Balence in all things.

Thanks Tyler.

12. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

I dropped out of school in the 9th grade. Never have run amok, I've spent most of my time around the house. All of the studying I have done has been personal on my own (never been involved with much "official things" if you will, like a school).

I've studied philosophy and the universe for as long as I can remember.

Got interested in computers around late 1999/early 2000. Became a Furrycat level nerd around late 2001 (no, that's not my homepage, he's a fellow geek buddy of mine - in fact my SWAT 3 mod is still up at 10-david, though it's not a really good piece of work, I was just starting to resume work on it http://www.10-david.com/fileinfo.asp?id=744

13. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Beblina and Xev

You two just continue your little fight, and I'll fetch the video camera...