Great Explanation of Global Flood Model

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Umm, space aliens are notorious liers? How do you know this, have you met some?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Just going for a little color, but the "aliens" who supposedly tell people of another way to eternal joy are liars.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nutter Shake it loose, baby! Registered Senior Member

What does an alien race have to do with the notion of the earth being millions of years old? What is the connection?

Aliens, by definition, are not from the earth, so how would their existence in any way reflect upon the earth's age?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I guess he's talking about sub-speed-of-light travel for them.

8. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Have you actually read the thread? Particularly post No: 241.

The question is hypothetical anyway, I'm in no way suggesting that aliens actually exist.

However, what I had in mind was an extaterrestrial race that had actually taken the time to study the development of the Earth. By whatever means you deem necessary: Warp-drive, worm holes, or perhaps they just age physically slower than us, with individuals reaching many millions of our Earth years in age. Who knows? After all... it's only pretend!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

This statement is technically incorrect IAC. The word sedimentary is derived from the word sediment, and sediment is defined on dictionary.com [from the American Heritage Science Dictionary] as:

"Geology: Solid fragmented material, such as silt, sand, gravel, chemical precipitates, and fossil fragments, that is transported and deposited by water, ice, or wind or that accumulates through chemical precipitation or secretion by organisms, and that forms layers on the Earth's surface. Sedimentary rocks consist of consolidated sediment."

For clarity I have placed the really crucial words; as pertaining to your statement, in bold.

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Wind or ice deposited sediments are geomorphological features, surface, the geologic column is all water deposited sediments and volcanics.

11. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

In which case how do you explain the presence of "dreikanter" - meaning three-edged - characteristically wind-worn stones within your entirely "water deposited" geologic column?

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

That's a surface feature.

13. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Yes. Thank you - meaning that the whole Earth was NOT totally submerged at any point, as genesis states. We finally agree, eh?

14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The Ice Age, when those were formed, came after the Deluge, where have you been?

15. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

How can they appear IN your "water deposited" geologic column (at depth) if they were formed AFTER the deluge?

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Dreikanter are surface features, as you agreed.

17. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Yes, so they appear IN your "water deposited" geologic column; quite regularly I might add, because they were "surface features". Surface features implies land. The presence of land implies that the genesis account is incorrect. The logic is inescapable.

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

19. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that... I'm far prettier than you.

Besides which, did you not just state:
    ?

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  20. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

21. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Benauld, there was a long argument a while back with ICe age civs when he last said that sediment meant deposited in water. His geological knowledge is actually negative.

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Actually, only wind and ice caused features are on the surface, not in the geologic column, is that what you mean by "actually negative?"

23. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Perhaps you had better elucidate as to exactly what you mean when you use the word "surface" IAC, and the phrase "geologic column" because I think there may be some confusion on your part regarding this.

"Wind and ice caused features" on the contrary definately do appear, quite prolifically in what I refer to as the geologic column.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.