Gravity slows down time.

This is where you are confused.

Let me ask you simple questions to help you understand.

1) What is 24 hours in terms of the earth's rotation.

2) What is 1 year in terms of the earth's orbit.

Wow, you are as brain dead an idiot as everyone says you are.

Wow, you are as brain dead an idiot as everyone says you are.

I am really having a difficult time getting you to understand that 24 hours on an earth based clock is one earth's rotation.

Let's start simple.

Is the statement above true or false?

No. One clock claims a certain amount of time has passed, the other clock differs.
Position of Earth is irrelevant.

Are you claiming clock A says .5 rotations of the earth and the other claims 1 rotation and this is irrelevant.

How so?

I am really having a difficult time getting you to understand that 24 hours on an earth based clock is one earth's rotation.

Let's start simple.

Is the statement above true or false?

You are an idiot.

chinglu said:
You are cornfused.

I did not say they disagree on their position.

I said over and over and over they must disagree on the earth's rotational and/or orbital position if they disagree on time.
If they do not disagree on their position, then if two clocks agree they are on the surface of the earth, the earth does not "disagree with itself" about where the sun is. If the two clocks are in the same place, which is not the surface of the earth, then the problem changes significantly.

Are you being willfully ignorant and obtuse, or is there some other problem?

You have the logic of the thread.

Time for humans is connected to the earth rotation and orbit.

That is a fact.

So, you have failed to refute anything I have said in this thread.

If they do not disagree on their position, then if two clocks agree they are on the surface of the earth, the earth does not "disagree with itself" about where the sun is. If the two clocks are in the same place, which is not the surface of the earth, then the problem changes significantly.

The 2 are on the surface.

chinglu said:
OK, so what.
You tell me.
Tell me how your argument about the earth's position/rotation relative to two clocks means SR is false.
Your argument includes bringing clocks together. So if these two clocks aren't on the surface of the earth but are in the same rest frame, how do they manage to disagee on where anything else is?

What does a clock measure?

What is 24 hours?

Our clocks are mechanically adjusted to align the passing of time with significant astronomical events, such as the time it takes Earth to revolve once on its axis, the time it takes the Moon to orbit the Earth, and the time it takes Earth to orbit the Sun....but the time that does pass with relation to the clocks, is independent from these astronomical events..
It's as simple as that.

You tell me.
Tell me how your argument about the earth's position/rotation relative to two clocks means SR is false.
Your argument includes bringing clocks together. So if these two clocks aren't on the surface of the earth but are in the same rest frame, how do they manage to disagee on where anything else is?

One clock moves away from the surface and comes back time dilated.

So, they are at the same place disagreeing on the position of the earth because of the different times on their clocks.

it is that simple.

Our clocks are mechanically adjusted to align the passing of time with significant astronomical events, such as the time it takes Earth to revolve once on its axis, the time it takes the Moon to orbit the Earth, and the time it takes Earth to orbit the Sun....but the time that does pass with relation to the clocks, is independent from these astronomical events..
It's as simple as that.

Let's see.

I remain on the earth.

You travel very fast in the solar system.

All the while, you agree with my view of the earth's position around the sun based on observations.

You come back and claim the earth rotated .5 times, or 12 hours on your clock.

I claim the earth rotated 1 time or 24 hours.

Your observations also agree the earth rotated 1 time.

But, your clock reads 12 hours and mine reads 24 hours.

So, did you live 1 earth rotation as your observations show or did you live .5 earth rotations as your clock shows?

You are caught in a contradiction.

You tell me.

I have said they are at the same place on the surface.

You tell me.

Let's see.

I remain on the earth.

All the while, you agree with my view of the earth's position around the sun based on observations.

So, did you live 1 earth rotation as your observations show or did you live .5 earth rotations as your clock shows?

Let's see.

I remain on the earth.

NO!!!!
You fail to see that whatever time has passed on the clock is independent of astronomical movements.
The passing of time on the clock as well as my physical aging, depends on my FoR, not on what has happened in another FoR.
I return to an Earth that has aged 24 hrs, while I have aged only 12 hrs, as my clock says.
Are you being deliberately obtuse????

Back