Gravitational mass and Inertial mass

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by chinglu, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farsight

Stryder: Manifold1 isn't being nasty. I see quality physics posts coming from him. Others however such as Aqueous Id, are being nasty, and making no physics contribution whatsoever, and totally playing the troll.

I can see you're a moderator, please do your job. Get on top of the nastiness from the likes of Aqueous Id. If you don't have time to do it, make me a moderator and I will ensure that this section of the forum remains civil.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

You are known by what you post. So far you have posted Reiku-isms, which are like chingluisms. They reflect a recent introduction to LaTex, but used to post trite, grotesque or nonsensensical formulas, juxtaposed with underdeveloped speech that purports to accompany the formulas. It looks like you appeared when chinglu got banned so I assume you are all sock puppets of the same troll.

Here you were attempting to attack Dinosaur's innocuous assertion that equivalence explains chinglu's opening complaint. But your attack was to attempt to wield math like a sword, only in the manner of a child who can't control it since it's too heavy for his underdeveloped arm. For example:

:roflmao:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Maybe you are all the same troll. One thing is evident: you never bothered to study the material you claim to master. Anyone who took even the survey courses knows you are all trolls. But this is part of your tactic, to divert the threads from any technical subject matter that might produce intelligent discussion.

Considering you are on probation from your last permaban you should tread the steps to the Court of Appeals lightly.

Repeating back your nonsense to you is nasty? Then stop posting it.

As opposed to feeling you are under martial law everytime a science-literate person rides up?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Farsight

I'm John Duffield, I'm not chinglu or manifold. And the only troll round here is you.

Stryder?

8. Manifold1 Banned Banned

I'm sorry if I flip a bowl in disgust in your eyes but he is right.

My intentions here are far from nasty, I have simply responded to obvious rude and condescending remarks based on a poster I am supposed to be impartial towards. if anyone has any decency, this is the way things should be on an internet forum.

9. Manifold1 Banned Banned

You think you're clever, but you're not. You are trolling to the high heavens and you don't to be punished for it. I wonder if there is an element of bias concluded here?

10. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Nice try, but no one is buying it. You have admitted to the following:

-that the speed of light is not constant in all frames

-that a reference frame can be absolute

-that speed of light and coordinate speed of light are the same or equivalent

-that you do not know what fields are

-that your illustration of two light orbs bouncing off of mirrors is not drawn to scale, but you fail to note that it was done to create the false arrival of one before the other. That is, you represent warp on the temporal aspect, but the sides of the frame are parallel, which means you deliberately left warp out of the spatial dimension (width).

-that you have no idea what rpenner meant when he said the local frame is infinitesimal.

That's a summary. I have probably left off the most egregious things you've posted since I've had you on ignore most of the time.

Since you've done nothing more than display an ignorance of the most basic principles of math and science, your attempts to sling hash at the science-educated folks here are obviously just a form of trolling the mods are willing to tolerate, but as I recall there were some restrictions placed on you after your permaban was lifted. So tread lightly.

If you have anything technical to post, it should be limited to math and science at the last level you passed the tests in. The rest is trolling, by definition. And rest assured there are at least a couple of dozen people here who are eager to advance you to the Calculus I / Physics I level, so you need only ask. I also suggest that henceforth you assert yourself here as a person attempting to solve textbook homework problems. Just post the problem, and the folks who passed the courses will be glad to walk you through the solutions. The rest is useless. You have to master the basics before you can pretend to master the upper division topics. In college these were called prerequisites. Most accredited schools rigidly enforce mastery of the prerequisites before advancing students to the next level. If that's your whole beef with science and academia, then take that to a thread dedicated to the follies of modern pedagogy.

11. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

It must be hard trying to manufacture pidgin English every time you create a new account under a new proxy IP address. In any case Stryder picked up on your game while I was in another thread picking up the same scent. If origin were logged in, I think he would have nailed you a few minutes after your trite math above. That's certainly the signature of both Chinglu and Reiku, and all of Reiku's incarnations. Which I suppose is why you introduced that word today.

12. brucep Valued Senior Member

In my humble opinion the existing moderators [those actively involved in these threads] don't have the scholarship to moderate discussions on modern physics. They're still listing the two PHD's as moderators. I'm guessing those two 'young folks' don't have time for moderating the nonsense out of the physics and math threads. Beginning careers and other important stuff. The last time I read a post from Alphanumeric he was reading Farsight the riot act for this same nonsense. The threat was Farsight would be banned to Alternative Theories until he could do what Physbangs been requesting of Farsight. Actually provide some physics associated with his crank POV. Alphanumeric could really browbeat the scientific illiterate. I think this forum has members who have the scholarship but ......I shouldn't have wrote this down. LOL. Meaningless off topic post content.

13. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

I haven't kept up with all the mods, but I was chuckling when I noticed that Stryder had pegged Manifold1 as resembling Reiku at about the same time I noticed it in another thread. That speaks volumes in itself.

Right now the thought that is going thru my mind is to shut down this nonsense using the coloring book approach for the kids in the room -- to take that gif Farsight was using and correct it to illustrate the deficit in his understanding:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This is exactly what he thinks. That time and space do not both warp. He remembers that you and I nailed him for this before:
    Well duh !! After warping the spacial dimension, (looking more like two dots on a windshield wiper) the light orbs hit their respective mirrors at exactly the same time.

But no, let's pretend everybody forgot this was an abortion of science, so let's keep posting it because we (sockpuppets of Farsight and/or his collaborators) are trolls.

14. Farsight

Aqueous Id: you don't have the intellect to do anything other than sneer, you don't understand relativity in the slightest, you cannot explain why the gif is incorrect. You're just a troll. And everybody knows it.

I don't post nonsense, I back up what I say with robust references to papers and articles by the likes of Baez and Ned Wright and Magueijo & Moffat and Einstein and Minkowski and Maxwell et cetera. And you cannot point out where I'm wrong. In fact, you daren't take me on because you know I'd wipe the floor with you.

Do note that Alphanumeric had a BA in maths, and despite having a physics PhD, his physics knowledge was actually rather weak. Like rpenner he could put on a mathematical display to impress the gullible, but he was constantly getting the physics wrong. Here's an example: What are quarks made of? A concentration of energy causes gravity, not just matter. Matter causes gravity because it is a concentration of energy. PhysBang would doubtless demand that I prove that with mathematics. But there is no such proof: his demand is knowingly specious. As is your wish that I be confined to Alternative Theories. Because I know far more physics than you. A lot more. And a lot more than Prometheus, whose physics knowledge was very poor. It would seem that people like him spend a lot of time learning a lot of mathematics, but not much physics. I've had physics graduates complain to me about that. They've been turned off physics because it's all mathematics and no physics.

Now, can we get back on topic please?

15. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Without getting too off-topic, you could well be right. Originally moderators assigned to this subforum had been participating in their Post-Graduate studies, however that is now some years hence.

We probably should be looking for a new post-graduate moderator however they would have to consider that their moderation should be able the curriculum and consensus rather than that of whatever pet theories they personally have. The only reason for this is that this subforum needs that solid educational foundation as opposed to hyperbole and arm waving.

A Professionally applied student can be just as effective as a scholar, if of course their priorities aren't skewed.

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So?
    Still doesn't change the fact that the speed of light is constant...nor the fact that light is never seen to stop at any EH of any BH, just red shifted from view....nor the fact that light travelling in geodesics, has further to travel in a gravitational field, or warped/curved spacetime.
    You could be Donald Duck, and it still wouldn't change those accepted facts.

17. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

I could be mistaken but I believe that Alphanumeric has a Masters in math and a PhD in physics.., and he works for a private company in England.., doing theoretical physics and/or applied theoretical physics. (as an aside.., it also seems that where and when he went to high school they were teaching math that was not available until at least college when I went to school, so his BA would likely have been equivalent to most masters in my day.)

AND until you can reference any direct physical observation or experimental data that confirms that a concentration of energy causes gravity, it remains theoretical. In fact the idea that matter is just a concentration of energy is still theoretical.

You were wrong in the thread you linked and you are still wrong. As I asked in that earlier thread do you even know the difference between what is theoretical and what is known to be factual?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  18. brucep Valued Senior Member

I agree with what you said. It might be more difficult, time wise, for an active student. They're several folks posting here who can discuss many science topics, based on the literature, and years of accumulated scholarship. They seem to have the time based on their present involvement. Right here Farsight pretense is showing its ass. BTW Farsight isn't somebody I'd recommend to moderate any intellectual topic. The fact that Farsight can't recognize AN's abilities is verification that he's clueless on these subjects. What it's really about is ANs intellectual bashing of Farsight 'over the time' he was moderating the physics and math threads. Couldn't resist. He would work on it until Farsight left before being banned for lack of intellectual content.

19. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Explaining the central error in all of your posts doesn't take much intellect. The fact that you warped time and not space is entirely self inflicted. Don't blame me for your academic failures. I'm just a mirror of the system that flunked you. But take it out on yourself. And correct your errors if you intend to keep posting in Math & Science threads. Either that or ask for help.

I have just explained your central error "in the slightest".

I just did. You warped time and not space.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But keep ignoring the content of posts that correct you.

When all else fails, resort to lowering your critics to your own level.

Yet you propound ignorance of the likes of Halliday & Resnick, Glibert Strang, yada yada. You admit ignorance of the most elementary of concepts, velocity, which requires, among other things, fluency working with freshman math.

The blank spot on your wall where other folks hang their diplomas. That's where everyone is pointing.

Sure. Let's begin with the homework problems in freshman calculus, since that's where your remedial work needs to begin.

Problem 1: Define the derivative of a function. Extra credit: compare Newton's explanation with Leibnitz's. (Yes, river, Heaviside was discussed in the insets of our freshman texts.)

Recommended resources to secretly PM for help if you're struggling to wipe literate folks on the floor: rpenner, PhysBang, CptBork . . . you can complete the list, can't you. Everyone who proved you a troll.

This from the fool with the 5th grade math tests marked "F".

Citation?

Matter does not cause gravity. It's OK to say mass (not matter) is attended by gravity. In order for it to be causal the cause (mass) has to precede the effect (the g field) which is nonsensical.

As opposed to diluted energy which, as we all know, can not be converted into matter.
    /roflmao/

PhysBang is still waiting for you to announce that you've made it through Chapter 1 of freshman Physics & Calculus, so you can begin to work through, say, Maxwell's equations.

You can't even solve the Chapter One homework problems from a text that rpenner, PhysBang, CptBork (et al) could write. Hell, you don't even know what differentiation is, what a field is, or what a reference frame is. You can't even get into the high school level math classes, much less that science classes that invoke them as prerequisites. You're just the intellectual equivalent of a kid. There are 15 year olds running around out there who could "wipe you on the floor" and they're not even particularly precocious. Gee I wonder why you never got accepted into college. Funny how a university down the road from you will reject you the same as one down the road from any one of us. By the preponderance of the evidence you indict yourself on this site as criminally ignorant of the fundamentals of math and science.

The 6th grade dunce grading the faculty.

As if it that's even possible.

/roflmao/

Said the dunce who never even qualified himself to sit in the classroom and find out for himself.

No. We can, but you can't.

But, hey, take it for a spin. Explain what you meant when you said the gif was defective.

While you're working this out, the rest of us are laughing our asses off, waiting for you to invent your next excuse. And all this just to cope with flunking math & science. Plus, of course, all the covert reasons for trolling here.

20. brucep Valued Senior Member

What seems fascinating to me is the 'desire' to troll this specific sight. He should try a site whose coordinates are remote to this site. He's certainly no master of disguise. His choice of handles is juvenile and a dead give away. Phantasmagorical mathematics. LOL.

21. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

One of their sleepers (Arne) admitted to have participated in a conspiracy of creationists that swarmed science boards in what he called "blighting the boards". When I see this persistence and the cooperation between them (understanding that they may all be sock puppets of one or two trolls) I always recall that Arne said this. One of these days I am going to resurrect that post. (Too bad the search function seems to be hosed.)

22. brucep Valued Senior Member

".... a conspiracy of creationists" orbiting the dunce stool. With no boost in site.

23. Manifold1 Banned Banned

Not that you even understood that bit of simple math, I want it clear I won't respond to trolls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.