Governments REAL position on UFO's

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Believe, Apr 19, 2012.

1. river

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

so you agree that ufo's are in fact real then..

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neverfly Banned Banned

Absolutely. In fact, I'm a strong believer in UFO's.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Good

so do think that government is covering up the reality of ufo's ?

8. Neverfly Banned Banned

No, I think that's not likely. I think the government is not particularly interested in them, these days. The government will check some stories for interest of national security- such as investigating spy drones or spy planes. Other than that, it's not worried about whether or not the average citizen was able to or unable to identify atmospheric phenomena, aircraft, birds, floating debris and what have you. They have bigger fish to fry, I would think.

9. river

The thing is though ufo's can fly in any fly zone they chose . Do you not think that this would be a National Security problem?

10. Neverfly Banned Banned

I have no idea where UFO's can 'fly' considering that they are often many different things.

Hold up- are you saying that all UFO's are piloted alien craft? Fascinating.
    UFO: Unidentified Flying Object; any object observed in the sky that was not properly identified.

11. river

[though=Neverfly;3003087]I have no idea where UFO's can 'fly' considering that they are often many different things.

Hold up- are you saying that all UFO's are piloted alien craft? Fascinating.
    UFO: Unidentified Flying Object; any object observed in the sky that was not properly identified.[/QUOTE]

Whatever, whatever

Stick your head in the sand, doesn't make the reality of flying saucers go away , simple as that

12. Neverfly Banned Banned

"Reality" is a term perhaps best not used here.

13. river

I'll bite, why not?

So flying saucers are not a reality? A strange position really

14. Neverfly Banned Banned

A strange position? A strange comment.

Maybe it is me that will bite...

Tell me, do you have any conclusive evidence to show that Flying Saucers (i.e. alien spacecraft) are a reality? You may believe that they are a strong possibility, but unless you have conclusive evidence, you cannot reasonably claim that they are a reality. Rather, they are a belief that you hold.

15. river

Airline pilots, astronauts , police officers, military personal and the public are not conclusive evidence

As well, with Roswell the first report said " flying saucer "

16. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

As anyone familiar with it knows - eyewitness testimony is THE least reliable 'evidence' of all. So absolutely NONE of the people you've listed above can present "conclusive evidence." If people were even halfway as good at that as you WANT them to be, magicians and sleight-of-hand artists would not be entertaining at all.

In addition, NONE of the grainy, unfocused video "evidence" has any worth either. <shrug>

17. river

Your copping out here

Are you saying that ALL that has been witnessed is an illusion

And again what of the first Roswell report that it was a flying saucer?

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

HA! No cop-out here, bub, what I said is MUCH more truthful and accurate than anything you've ever presented here.

What about Roswell? Who cares? that was LONG ago and the only people that have any interest in it are nutters like you.

19. Neverfly Banned Banned

They are evidence that they could not identify something in the sky
    Ah, you mean Project Mogul?

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/roswell_incident_and_project_mogul

http://muller.lbl.gov/teaching/physics10/roswell/usmogulreport.html

Actually, no. The city of Roswell's economy loves the myth. Although most city officials are well aware of the radar tests conducted, they have no desire to dispel a myth that brings the city revenue in tourism.

20. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That's certainly true - HOWEVER it's far, FAR off the topic of what these nutters are talking about. Very similar to all the various alien movies that have been made - reasonable entertainment and profitable (usually) for the producers but have no bearing on or in UFO discussions. <shrug>

21. river

See that's the interesting thing you ignore the FACT the the original account of the Roswell account was that it was a flying saucer

I think your nutty ignoring this fact

22. Neverfly Banned Banned

Exactly true. They take something mundane and hype it up into a legend. A bit like the airplane that hit that water tower in Texas.
    Decades later, a movie was made out of it depicting an alien in a spacecraft and a little girl communicating to it with crystals and...wow.

23. Neverfly Banned Banned

It never was. It's always been known to be Project Mogul, which at the time was a crucial national security matter. You use the word "Fact" not because it is a fact, but because you're willing to be dishonest.