Going To War With Iraq??

Discussion in 'World Events' started by celeron3466, Mar 18, 2003.

1. How do you really feel about going to war with Iraq? I'd really like to know how other people feel about this subject?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

It is plain stupid typical loudmouth behaviour.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jlabrec Registered Member

I only have this to say, to any anti-war protestor, since you are so willing to refrain from military action to protect yourself, I pray the first enemy strike falls near your own home. Perhaps then, the clearity will be revealed as to what we are trying to prevent.

Had this conflict followed only hours after the Sept 11th attack, the entire world would have turned a blind eye as we reconstructed the surface of Iraq.

Here let me simplify this.... Why buy insurance? To prevent the need for money you do not have, in case of injury, death, or damage. Why forcibly remove Hussein from power? To prevent him from either using or selling the weapons he continues to deny having.

Picture waking up early one morning and looking out your window, just in time to see a big flash some five miles away. Guess what, you have ten seconds if its nuclear, you have 5 minutes if its chemical. Is that what it will take to convince you? Me myself, I'd rather stop it prior to that day.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. You Pray For An Enemy To Strike Someone Else?

Please, I am all for protecting oneself, but to pray for harm for someone who protests war might be a little extreme don't you think? Just asking?

8. shadowpuppet Registered Senior Member

you prevent it from happening it to us,by doing it to them. how is that making anything better?

my grandfather is a Hibakusha (he was in Hiroshima whenthe bomb was dropped, and survived, miraculously). He doesnt have to "imagine" seeing a bright flash five miles away. However, he still thinks war is a bad idea. He's been there, and knows excactly how terrible a thing it can be. To willingly subject people tothat kind of terror and misery, its just inhuman.

9. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

How do you survive a nuclear blast from 5 miles away?
    If no one ever fought 1 nation would eventually take over everyone. Think what Hitler would have accomplished if no nation resisted. You can talk till you are blue in the face, but violence is sometimes required. It is debatable if we are at the point where violence is required, but it is not debatable that 'violence never solves anything'.

There are people who would like to take things from you (including your life). You may willingly submit, but most would not.

10. The Stark Reality

I agree that the stark reality of mankind has been that people like Hitler have existed that want to take away what others have and this must be prevented.

What I find more disturbing is just how many people will stand up and support such maniacs. How many people support the present leader of Iraq and have no problem with benefiting from his rule? How many people have supported the brutal acts of terrorism we have witnessed in the last few decades?

How much innocent blood do we have to see spilled? I don't have the answer, but I feel it isn't over.

11. shadowpuppet Registered Senior Member

firstof all, the bomb in hirosima was not nearly as powerful as the hydrogen bombs nd such today. however, it does has the power to level a city. how did he survive? how should i know, i doubt he wants to relive the most horrendous day of his life by telling me either. the point is, he did survive.

secondly. your right, hitler wouldhave done alot more if no resisted. but what ifhitler was pacifist, and dint beliveinkilling either?

I may be young, may be naive, and i realize that the world isnt Eutopia, but i still wish it was. so thats what i'll work for. I'll lead by example

12. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by shadowpuppet
    however, it does has the power to level a city. how did he survive?
    I'd think 5 miles is still a bit too close for him to survive. Not a big deal what the distance was though.

but what ifhitler was pacifist, and dint beliveinkilling either?

If everyone was a pacifist then there would be no violence. However, other people are violent and defending thru force is sometimes the best option.

and i realize that the world isnt Eutopia

Which is the reason violence is sometimes needed.

I'll lead by example

Good. Just don't give up your life instead of defending yourself. It would only teach the person that they can get away with violence, and they will move on to the next guy.

13. Nightpoet Registered Senior Member

I have a problem with war when it is an excuse to benefit an outside nation, and when innocent civilians are going to be slaughtered.
    That is the case in Iraq, therefore, I have a problem with it.
    And those of you who are bloodthirsty can wish me all the harm you like. I have to die sometime, somehow, I really don't care how. But keep in mind, ill wishes have a tendency to come back and bite you in the ass.

14. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Nothing is worth going to war over. Sure, Hitler killed a bunch of Jews, but they were his Jews. He loved them so much that he had to kill them. See, now WWII could of been avoided (All that death could of been averted). And all we had to do was let Hitler kill his Jews.

*EDIT* Took out a sentence.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2003
  15. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Nightpoet,
    Do you think more civilians will die in this war then will be saved after the nation is no longer under Hussein's rule? Bush's crew may or may not being doing this for selfish reasons, but in the end I feel the Iraqi people will be better off.

16. suzoe Registered Member

My own opinion.

My first instinct is to not go to war. War = Bad. Therefore, no war. But, as I am sure that all of you know. It isn't that simple. There are so many factors tied into the subject, it gets confusing at times.

So, before I get so confused. I am just going to admit it.

I don't really know. Its not my choice to make anyway, so I am not too worried about it. I hope I have educated you all and given you something to think about

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. shadowpuppet Registered Senior Member

no Persol, you could easily live 5 miles from a atomic blast, if it was the type on hiroshima. in fact, my grandfather was a little over 1 kilometre from the center. at the distance of 5 miles,the only thingthat would get to you is radiation, the shockwave would die at about 2 miles, the heatwave died at about .5-.7 kilometers.

dont you WANT world peace? how is war possibly going to get that? simple logic, war is the oppoite of peace.

peace willnever come to us if people like you are still there, willing to hurt others to help themselves.

sadly, i belive i will let my self be killed, if it comes to it. one thing is for certain, i am not going to kill another person, so that they dont kill me.

18. shadowpuppet Registered Senior Member

thanx suzoe, im new here too, and i think i might be getting a little carried away. your self-awareness is actually really refreshing, i think i could learn alot frm that

no really, your smarter than you give yourself credit for

19. Nightpoet Registered Senior Member

Persol-I quite honestly don't know. I don't know what weapons the Americans will use, and I find it hard to believe that the Iraqi people will do nothing if invaded. And I don't know how long the conflict will last. If its over quickly, and the Americans actually stay and clean up their mess, then maybe the people wil be better off. I quite honestly don't know.

Counselor-What the hell glasses are you reading my posts through??

20. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by shadowpuppet
    no Persol, you could easily live 5 miles from a atomic blast, if it was the type on hiroshima.
    I didn't realize it was that small. You learn something new everyday.

peace willnever come to us if people like you are still there, willing to hurt others to help themselves.

You are missing the entire point. I will not start violence, but am more then willing to use it in order to stop others.

one thing is for certain, i am not going to kill another person, so that they dont kill me.

But would you be violent towards them? Are you not at all concerned that he will then move onto the next person and do the same thing anyway? Maybe we should take the guns/nightsticks/mace off cops so they don't have a chance to be violent.

21. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I COULDN'T POSSIBLY CARE LESS ABOUT A PARTICULAR ISSUE THAN I DO ABOUT THIS ONE, PEOPLE DIE, BIG FUCKING DEAL!!!!!

aaaaaah

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

that felt good.
    Seriously, I think this subject has had the ass discussed out of it, and it was boring when it started.
    I REALLY don't give a shit.

22. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Nightpoet, I don't know if the world will help to rebuild the country... but I hope that they do.

23. shadowpuppet Registered Senior Member

you probably already surmised this, but my familly is from japan. there, cops dont have guns. NOBODY has guns. any murder makes it to the national news, always. if you took guns there, you could do alot of damage before they stopped you. in fact, they probably couldnt stop you till you ran out of ammo. but nobody does that. Its jsut one step closer to complete non-violence that they've gotten to that we havent.

as for using violence to stop violence, i dont know. along with "violence is never the answer" i learned "two wrongs dont make a right" in my kindergarten class. maybe your right, maybe people dont stop being violent unless they are opressed by the threat of more violence. for the sake of those people who actually COULD and most likely WILL die, i hope not.