God is a liar and I have the proof!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by QuestionEverything, Jan 7, 2008.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Maybe they did die. We as their decendants are the walking dead. Only those living in paradise are truly living.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

As does my mother. And she would call anyone that said otherwise a false prophet that is "of the Devil"!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. losfomoT Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

You can repeat the same thing over and over again as much as you want... it's still a disputable point.

People haven't always talked the same as they do now. The statement could easily have been meant this way:

The day that you eat from that tree, will be the day that your death is assured.

Which does not mean that they will die that very day... it only means that if they eat from the tree, they will surely die sometime.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

God forbid one might practice Christianity and believe the Bible doesn't mean exactly what it says! I have news for you, speaking as a past tense Christian I can tell you that the Bible is always taken literally until the literal translation is INCONVENIENT to the faith. As you are not, nor ever have been a Christian you are not qualified to speak on this. I am because I have been one for 22 years! And unlike most ignoramus Christians I actually read the entire Bible when I was a Christian.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Besides, the original was written in Hebrew or Greek or Aramaic or something.

9. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

While you're at it you should write your own translation of the Bible, you've already got one verse under your belt...

Funny how people are so quick to use a double standard with the Bible. Take it literal here, modify it a little there, and get the message you want it to say!

10. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

What do you think the writers meant? After all, that day brought death upon them. On that day death came to humans. Also one might consider that "day" might mean something else than just that single day. I don't think that those that wrote it made such a simplistic error, if they did an error though then it is a error, and surely God is no liar.

If you do your thinking yourself you might just get some answers. Also, even I refer to myself as "us" sometimes for some strange reason lol, not in the same way Gollum does though...

Also, there is nothing that say that the devil can't say the truth, if it has the right motives

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

Yes and we all know that the English speaking world reads that version and not the English version.

Glad you could clear that up for us now we can all go home!

12. lightgigantic Banned Banned

one could say the same of you
    (there are very good reasons why you have to roll your dice off the backboard in vegas)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. John99 Banned Banned

Its not classic, its inconsequential. Why would it matter to you anyway?

no kidding. i thought you wanted to discuss this but obviously you dont. going back and forth with insults is a waste of time. you dont like the response you got so you ignore it. GOOD BYE.

14. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

Well, it's pretty obvious what was meant with the passage, so it's not like we are stretching things. Also, it might not be that important to you if you don't seek for an answer, but only to refute things, so you might not get what you would look for, if you would be a honest searcher for truth.

Cause surely the writers didn't mean that God told a lie? So we can tell beforehand that they meant something else.

15. C1ay Skepticist Registered Senior Member

There comes a time though when even kids need to be told there's no Santa Claus, no Tooth Fairy, no leprechauns with pots of gold....

16. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

You are not getting that concept from the Bible, you are regurgitating someone else's interpretation, yet nowhere is what you said indicated. You are FABRICATING text! Read the TEXT as if some theologian hadn't told you how to think! That is the point of this exercise. Clear your mind of their bullshit and my bullshit and just read it as it is! Why is it so hard for you people to get that through your thick skulls? Are you that indoctrinated that you have to be told how to think? The mind control is deep with you people, seriously!

17. losfomoT Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

The bible is one of the most ambiguous and contradicting writings on Earth. If you want to take every verse literally, that's your basket of fun... but my point is still valid. Or do you really believe grammar and syntax are identical between languages, or even over time within the same language?

I'm not saying my translation is correct. I'm just saying that your point is arguable. You're the one with the strict interpretation that you won't admit could be wrong.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  18. John99 Banned Banned

QuestionEverything, can you interpret music too?

19. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

It's not wrong, it's astrological allegory. That is why it should be taken literally, just from an astrology mindset. This is why the Bible makes no sense, because it is nothing but an elaborate child's fairy tail. But there are people who think it is true because the are told it is history and not astrology.

Of course the idea that God is a liar seems strange, why would he lie, he doesn't need to. But a lot doesn't make sense when you view the Bible through historical glasses. When you view it through astrological glasses, however, he could put on a tutu and dance to the Barber of Seville!

20. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

Quote source here

21. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Not true unless you can show that without having eaten from the tree of life that they were immortal. Simply put, gods panic shows they couldn't have been. If they were already immortal then eating from the tree would be of no consequence and thus god would have nothing to poop his panties over.

It is classic, it's not inconsequential. I wouldn't say it matters to me as much as it might matter to this god of yours. What holiday ticket does doubt, lack of faith and lack of belief in the words of your god get you?

It simply shows that not even the god squad actually believe the shit that is written. They just cherry pick the parts that sound nice to them and throw the rest in the heap.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

So God is a liar and your proof is the Bible?? The Bible!?
    How is that proof, especially considering God didn't write the Bible. isn't that considered hearsay in a court of law, which makes it inadmissible?

23. QuestionEverything Assume nothing! Registered Senior Member

According to any good Christian the Bible is "God's word" and infallible. Don't believe me? Just ask Adstar.