God and Free Will

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Roman, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

You mean your ass since you claim god is an atom that resides in your rectum!

You would have to ask Snake about that he's the expert! :shrug:

Actually it leaves me where I am! Sure that mysticism is purely bull shit, and live by accepting objective reality!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

No. We've already been through this. You're being either dishonest or stupid by asking what the process is considering I've already told you.

As for your bit in brackets.. why?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

how your version of the world/history is right and google hits are wrong?
    liar liar pants on fire

we've already been through this

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Godless

get over it godless - your backside is really insignificant

I don't know - there is some stern competition from 6 year olds

or so you've heard anyway

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

LG for lack of better word! your DELUSIONAL! every bullshit you come out with is nothing more than rhetorical bullshit, made up! we only use your own argument against you, but your either too stupid to see it, or plainly idiotic, which is it?

8. Gently Passing Registered Senior Member

I don't think God and free will can coexist philosophically.

Then again, who can say they have free will and not simply the illusion of free will?

It's also possible that the universe as we observe it is the 3-dimensional expression of a 4 (or more) dimensional universe. Have you considered that perhaps all possible outcomes/choices and consequences coexist, but we do not experience them in our neck 'o the woods?

Like that time you thought of slapping your mother across the face. You didn't do it, but the alternate you did, and thus sent that 3D universe moving in a slightly different direction through the fourth dimension.

Speculative philosophical thought, I know, but can you show me a proof that it is not so?

Nor can you show me proof that I have free will. If I did not, there would be no way to test it for testing it would violate the non-existence of free will, so it's likely your "test" would reveal (falsely) that free will exists when it in fact does not. The reason it would delude you into believing free will exists is that it was supposed to delude you as such.

Hence the problem with this eternal debate.

9. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Gently Passing, Jet Lee's "The One" was only a movie, ti's not real, no existence of other multiverse within our universe has been shown to exist, thus irrelevant.

If you had no free will what compelled you to answer? You had a choice did you not? That is all free will is the ability to make that choice!

10. MarcAC Curious Registered Senior Member

Providing god exists, men exist, and men have free will, yes.
    Not that which he granted, I would suspect.
    The divine plan probably encompasses man's expression of free will including the will to commit murder, and stuff like that.
    Not if we have free will.

11. Satyr Banned Banned

God gave free-will so that it would surrender to His will.
    Any sign of the ‘free’ in the ‘will’ will be punished by eternal damnation.
    Other than that, everything Christians believe in makes sense.

12. lightgigantic Banned Banned

grand conclusion - all you need now are a few premises to add to your ad homs

13. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

LG the premises you are clueless to understand, cause you have buried your head up on your rectum, for this blinds you, and you can't see the truth, and the truth is to believe in an invisible entity is a delusion! Thus you are delusional, this is what makes you deluded, you have no evidence, you have no clue how to convince anyone here that your entity exists, you belief is blinded by your head been buried up your rectum! I'm sorry it has come to this, but this is the truth!

14. Satyr Banned Banned

You are wrong, my friend.
    Lightgigantic’s head is buried in the rectum of the “correct” authorities and there he smells the fragrances of the “right” epistemology of the “ontology” of the “truth”, as it is given to him by the “correct” teachers using the “correct” methods and the “correct” texts.

Of course actually opening his eyes to the world is virtually impossible, being buried neck deep in their anus and having no access to the fresh air of his own senses.

15. Roman Banned Banned

God has a special place in hell for liars like you.
    You have no idea how much I cherish that fact.

16. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Well, after reading the story of Exodus again I do believe than God gave man free will, but like everything that Free Will can be shaped. Thisk of people with Phobias induced by truamatic events. That one event cuases a normally rational person to lose all sense of Free Will when they are exposed to the trigger. Same can be said for foul weather, I've know plenty of people whose moods and thus decisions are influeced by dark skies.

So when Pharoah was going to let the Men go and worship, God went 'Dang, not good. Oh, let's do something and make him grumpy.' thus hardening Pharoahs heart.

17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

18. lightgigantic Banned Banned

actually those are all ad homs, followed by your opinion
    at least I have a clue how to form an argument based on premises rather than ad homs - if you have managed to convince someone by such techniques, I would say that it indicates more the callibre of person you managed to convince

On what grounds should we accept this? Your ad homs?

As for what i think your case is - I think you have had severe emotional experiences with religion that has lead you to the path of atheism - thus you are unable to scrutinize religion except from the point of its worst possible stereotype - the result of these two factors is your somewhat colorful but sadly lacking posts

A - "Your head is up your ass"
    B - "No, your head is up your ass"
    A - "No, your head is up your ass"
    etc etc

actually the stalemate often reached between the theist and the atheist is also mentioned

BG 2.69: What is night for all beings is the time of awakening for the self-controlled; and the time of awakening for all beings is night for the introspective sage.

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Roman
    whats the problem?
    part of the sinful reaction for performing a sinful act is the increased desire to perform an increased sinful act - its the nature of lust.
    God doesn't have a special place for persons who are ignorant of scripture, but people commonly wind up there by such ignorance ....

20. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

You are a hypocrite, and you know it, so why even bother, everyone here has seen it, has observed, yet you live in denial! BTW I know your a drunk, you lust for sex, and then come here and act all mighty high in your warped ethics. This is what makes you a hypocrite!

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

so you keep saying, yet when I ask you to refer to such instances of hypocrisy, etc you just spew forth more ad homs - what to do?

trying to examine religion by its worst possible stereotype again?