Given that humans (mainly males) have a propensity towards...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

tolerance, nonconformity, and complete freedom. which i believe would equate to an anti-religion wouldn't it? no institutions...everybody fend for themselves according to their own beliefs based on experience. survival of the fittest.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Then most humans won't survive.

Edit: How you plan to counter people warring with each other through 'survival of the fittest' is a complete mystery to me.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why not just develop LAWS as we have and use them to control the society we live in? Man made laws are easily made or changed if they do not work out. Laws are the way we all can approve of what we should comply with, not some mythological beings sayings !

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

that's ok.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Not here. See my edit.

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well, at least it wouldn't be on such a large scale with innocent masses being tortured and destroyed at the whims of a very few.

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

there are already plenty of perfect laws that govern the universe. what i'm suggesting is that we allow them to control our individual fate.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Or the very few will be destroyed by the many who get fed up with all of their bullshit!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

revolution!

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Huh ? It would be far worse !
    The not so innocent masses will be tortured and destroyed at the whims of the masses.
    It would be total anarchy and, quite frankly, in complete contradiction with your first ideal (post 21); tolerance.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Evolution as well.

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

how can personal freedom be intolerant?

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

This is: "everybody fend for themselves according to their own beliefs based on experience. survival of the fittest."

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

how is that not freedom? how is that intolerant?

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You think that wouldn't lead to INtolerance (understatement) ?

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no, i don't. i think that masses and their institutions lead to intolerance. the mob mentality. people are much less likely to be so assinine and arrogant without an army behind them. people get a lot more down to earth when you're one on one.

20. birch Valued Senior Member

and what do you think has and is happening? even the laws and rules that you see implemented in society is due to someone's exercising their 'freedom' and what they wanted life to be, sometimes supported by a majority, other times not. someone's idea of freedom to do as they please may in fact be exercising intolerance toward another or infringe on their life or desires. so this idea of yours is no different than the course of history.

if you are suggesting creating more actual freedom from oppression or control for every individual, you would need certain types of very clever laws for that whereby no one is controlling anyone else. that's a utopia because some people's idea of a great time is controlling something or someone else's life. this would also require mass consensus as well as weeding out those who have characteristics that would be contrary to this purpose. this by evolution or by bioengineering or genetics or by technological innovation and advancement to the point most needs and desires as well as people's ills both mental and physical can be met or corrected. no more poverty, disease, etc therefore less reason or desire for predation, hate or war to gain resources they lack. i applaud your idea because it is overall good one that would benefit many and actually i see it may come to fruition in some form in the very distant future.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

and if someone were to try to do that to me, then they could fail miserably.

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

:facepalm:

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Creating a religion to stop wars and killing really defeats the purpose. Religion usually means the interjection of the supernatural, and what purpose would that provide? All it leads to is bigotry and hatred.

The entire concept should be scrapped altogether. No offense, Michael.