Germany & France are to blame for the Iraq War!!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by vincent, Aug 15, 2005.

1. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Hey i love english speaking countries, and oriental countries, its just the rest thats a waste of time.

Buddhists and christians, catholics, protestants, i love them all.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member

the world used to be so different.
    The French were helpul to early America, and Great Britain hated our guts.

The English had horrible religious policies too.
    AND THE FRENCH REFORMER, john calvin(an aid to the protestant reform), TOOK THE SIDE OF A GERMAN REFORMER FROM THE CHURCH OF ENGLANS(luther)

now, in today's world, its just the opposite.
    the French and German NEVER aid to Great Britian nor the US (not culturally speaking)

yay for the states! yay for the UK.

.. and those whinny french bastards.. they.. welll.. they can just go hunt truffels and complain about non-sense such as the Tour de France

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SG-N Registered Senior Member

What did you do in the last years? I can't remember... what a shame... :bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Jack the french only sided with america so the brits would commit massive troop numbers to the american fight, which was thousands of miles a way by ship, then britain would be wide open for a french invasion, the french supplied a shit load of weapons to the americans, hoping the fight would last a long time, but at the end of the day thank god the brits in the uk, new what the french were up to.

remember france and the uk have had many wars, the french depised us, so when they saw that the british in america, did not want to pay taxes to the king anymore, they saw there opportunity to either get a foothold in america, or to weaken the uk.

At the end of the day the french were playing the brits off eachother,
    The massive size of america meant that at sometime they would have broke away from the uk anyway.
    Any idiot could see, paying taxes to a king thousands of miles away, was just not going to work out.
    France speeded the process up, not out of friendship, but to see what they could win from it,be it the uk.

8. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Recent examples?

During the Cold War era France and (West-)Germany were both in NATO, allowed US bases on their soil and committed themselves to opposing the USSR.

During the first Gulf War, France joined the coalition against Iraq.

In the Kosovo war both countries contributed to the US led NATO effort.

In Afghanistan at least Germany was participating in the military confrontation with the Taliban.

9. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member

You are positive that the French helped us?!

may i see STRONG evidence, i mean at least a few sources on that one. <<
    and i understand the technology support, but i guess what i was referring to was more of military support.

but, honestly, i never in a million years would of guessed the French helping us out in the Gulf War.

10. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Quoted from a Wikipedia article on the Gulf war (emphasis mine):
    From an article of the NATO online library by the US Permanent Representative on the North Atlantic Council (emphasis mine):

There you have it.

I can imagine, with all this over the top France-bashing going around.

11. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Luther wasn't Anglican...he's was Roman Catholic up until 1519, when he effectively split off from it, and started "Protestantism", and that later splintered, weakening a possible idea of central authority in protestantism.
    Shame. If they had stayed a united protest force, they could've caused all kinds of hell for that Catholics...well, more than they actually did cause.

12. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member

I NEW HE WASN'T ANGLICAN!
    King Henry took over the church of England after Luther reformed though, right?

but the way i said it, i didn't mean for it to sound like that.

and i agree, even though the Hugonauts did cause much damage to the catholics in certain areas of Europe.

but, if Calvinists and Lutherans never worked together, how come they never waged war against each other?
    -Because a lot of land was up for grabs.

can u help me out here, and explain a little between Calvinists and Lutherans in EUROPE, because i don't know that much and don't feel liek wasting my time by looking this up.

13. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Henry split he Chruch of England off of the Catholic Church in, I think it was, 1508, 11 years or so before Luther's protesting.
    But, eventually, Anglicanism became classified as "protestant". Until the 1520s, it was classified as "catholic derivative".
    by the 1530s, they were classified as Protestant.
    Calvinists didn't work in cohesion. They fought the same foe, and sometimes worked together (30 years war), but they didn't fully unify as a single "protestantism", they split into seperate groups, splintering any possibility of central authority, especially after Luther died.

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actually luther had nothing to do with the church of england after the catholic church refused to let henry devorce he formed his OWN church ie the church of england. B\W that title the queen has of defender of the faith was awarded to henry by the catholic church for his actions AGAINST the prodistant churches before he snubed them and formed his own incidently keeping the title he now had no right too

15. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Yes, but Anglicanism is most commonly classified, today at least, as a "protestant" deriviative religion. Though it does still retain some parts of Catholicism (the titles of Bishop and Archbishop, etc.).

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actually when mum was studying the history of the church they didnt even classify church of england and Anglican's as prodistants. Prodistants were classified as having broken off the catholic church when luther did (and the related churches). Anglican's (at least the ones here) actually refer to themselves as catholics but oviously not ROMAN catholics

17. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Oh.
    Every source I've heard from classify them differently.
    You descritption makes a LOT more sense.
    thanks.

18. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member

hehe.
    But Luther didn't revolt, he reformed. Big difference.
    he reformed more of Rome rather than Catholism itself.
    A great movie on this is called "Luther" late 90's movie.
    very entertaining and great knowledge of histoyr about this era in there.
    its not a documentary, its an actual movie. Yes, the ones that come out in the theaters!

check it out tho

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!