Geometrical Spacetime Theories of Consciousness

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Reiku, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

So why even mix the intensity of the principles, with memory simulation in these ''related expressions?''

Simple thought will take you to the logic behind them. Take for instance what we know about how we reflect on the intensity of the principles of the past, whilst in the present.

We find that the uncertainty is less than the expectancy. Hence, it stands to simple reason that this excites the ability to measure an object. If we for a second reflect on the future, we find the uncertainty stronger than the expectancy, and hence, this reflects on our ability to lose a memory.

This is why it was all very important.

\(|S>=f\).\(:\int_x^y(BC+BA=CA)\).\(\psi \psi*\).\(|\psi|^2=1\)

\(f\).\(~(A_{b_|01})(B_{b_|10})\)

\(|01\)\(|10\)

\(\int_x^y\)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

Reiku, I thought you 'left' yesterday?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Reiku Banned Banned

I did, i still am... i just scribbled something down here nonsensical because i felt like, and a mod has now judged this... barrel material... the bottom kind i mean.

But anyway... this really is defeating the purpous... why should i care now?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Are you using "?" in mathematical equations to represent loss of memory?
    Does anyone else do this?
    Or is this just crossed wires?

8. Reiku Banned Banned

Yes. Dr Wolf has been fond to use the loss knowledge (?)

You will find reference of the symbol used in ''Spiritual Universe, of references, page 286

9. Reiku Banned Banned

I think what scared James in putting this here was when i started to use integrals. I just found out from Dr Wolf, that we need to use integrals when measuring the periods between Echo Waves and Offer Waves.

AND HE IS WELL-ADVERSED in Dr Cramers Transactional theory... It seems that my conclusions on using this model on consciousness has just become stronger.

10. Reiku Banned Banned

So

\(|S>=f \ni\)\(:\int_x^y(BC+BA=CA)\).\(\psi \psi*\).\(|\psi|^2=1\)

Where x equals an Echo Wave and y equals an Offer Wave, we find that \(x=(a^2+b^2i^2)\) and y equals the negative time direction \((a^2-b^2i^2)\), to produce 1, or a single value of \(a^2+b^2\)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  11. Reiku Banned Banned

The Mind-Body Problem, in its True Light

How do we integrate a theory based on a totally materialistic consciousness? And if consciousness isn’t totally materialistic, then how does one incorporate a material theory with a non-material theory?

If my theory is of solipsistic concerning the spacetime theory of consciousness reducing everything down to experience equaling reality, then still, there must be a part of reality that equals us: And it is here where the paradox arises, because a complete solipsistic theory of everything concerning mind, kind of defeats the purpose of even entertaining anything physical at all.

How do we unify a materialistic mind with a theory of that which is solipsism at best?

Look at it another way, I am in agreement with Dr Wolf, that we cannot ignore the material side of consciousness, and yet, there is something quite ethereal about the world when the mind is involved, and as he has expressed before, ‘’there is no reality without the perception of reality…’’

So, hence the paradox again: There seems to be materialistic influences which operate functions of consciousness, and yet the solipsistic theory says that these material influences are remedial to the point of actually being ignorable.

12. Reiku Banned Banned

I will now end this with references, to all the work i have done, and some added extra's which cast light on some other related topics:

Web References of Interest Perhaps

Quantum Consciousness

If quantum computation with objective reduction were occurring in the brain, enigmatic features of consciousness (see Section above - The Problem of ...
    www.quantumconsciousness.org/presentations/whatisconsciousness.html - 71k - Cached - Similar pages
    More results from www.quantumconsciousness.org »

Quantum mind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Proponents of quantum consciousness theories have sought to defend them against ... Nevertheless, quantum theories of consciousness suffer from the same ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mind - 77k - Cached - Similar pages

Quantum Consciousness

In a sense it may now be possible to build a new model of quantum consciousness, compatible with contemporary physics and which allows a space for the ...
    www.levity.com/alchemy/quantum.html - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

Quantum Consciousness is Cybernetic

5.4 Instead of consciousness collapsing a quantum superposition in a ... Consciousness is a quantum eruption offering possibilities to the match with ...

Show map of 360 San Miguel Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660
    psyche.cs.monash.edu.au/v2/psyche-2-21-globus.html - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

Quantum Consciousness

A concept is a quantum of thought. In the pure-consciousness model, the universe is a thought process. It is composed of nothing but thoughts, or concepts. ...
    home.earthlink.net/~dolascetta/MetaFrameSet.html - 1k - Cached - Similar pages

Scientific Peer-Reviewed Article References of Great Importance
    • Einstein, Albert, (1920). Relativity. The Special and General Theory online. ISBN 0-517-02961-8
    • Linde, Andrei, Science and Ultimate Reality: From Quantum to Cosmos, honoring John Wheeler's 90th birthday. J. D. Barrow, P. C. W. Davies, & C. L. Harper eds. Cambridge University Press (2003)
    • Broad, C. D. (1953), Religion, Philosophy and Psychical Research (London: Routledge & Kegan Paul). ISBN 0-391-00441-7
    • Smythies, John. "Space, Time and Consciousness". Journal of Consciousness Studies, 10, No. 3, 2003, pp. 47-56
    • Green, Alex (2002). The Description and Definition of Consciousness. Science and Consciousness Review
    • Rauscher, E. A. & Targ, R. (2001) "Speed of Thought: Investigation of a Complex Space-Time Metric to Describe Psychic Phenomena." Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 331;354, 2001
    Scientists in the Field References

Professor Brian Josephson

Nobel Prize of Physics in 1973 for his theory about the Tunnel Effect in Superconductors and its applications in Quantum Computing through electronic devices called Josephson Junctions. Professor Josephson is also one of the world pioneers in the fields of conciousness, ESP, and the paranormal.
    Conference about String Theory, the Universal Mind and Psychic Phenomena:
    http://arxiv.org/html/physics/0312012
    Article by Statistic Professor Jessica Utts and Brian Josephson about the evidence of the paranormal and its implications on the study of conciousness:
    http://anson.ucdavis.edu/~utts/azpsi.html
    Home Page of Professor Josephson at the University of Cambridge:
    http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~bdj10/

Sir Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff M.D.
    An important contribution to the Quantum Theory of Conciousness comes from the collaboration of Sir Roger Penrose and Dr. Stuart Hameroff. According to Penrose and Hameroff, conciousness appears during the Orchestrated Objective Reduction (Orch OR) of the Wave Function in the Microtubules of the brain's neurons. This definition, even though it seems to be limited to the brain, also allows the possibility of conciousness to exists in the Quantum Field itself, outside the body.
    Dr. Hameroff presentation on his view of conciousness.
    http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/presentations/whatisconsciousness.html
    The celebrated mathematician and physicist Sir Roger Penrose is also the author of the much recommended books The Emperor's New Mind and The Road to Reality.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Penrose

Dr. Evan Harris Walker.
    Author of The Physics of Consciousness, contributed significantly to better understanding of conciousness from the perspective of contemporary Physics and its implications in psychology and neurophysiology.
    http://www.parapsych.org/members/e_h_walker.html

Professor Fred Alan Wolf.
    Professor of Theoretical Physics and author of several books about the relationship between Quantum Mechanics and Conciousness.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Alan_Wolf

The following list presents an important group of scientists whom are focusing on psychic research from the perspective of the Physical Sciences.

Dr. Russell Targ.
    One of the pioneers in the development of the Laser, confounder of the Stanford Research Institute, has participated in many studies about Remote Viewing and Healing. He has written several important books on these subjects.
    http://www.espresearch.com/

Dr. Harold Puthoff.
    Coauthor of Mind at Large published by the IEEE Symposium on the Nature of ESP.
    http://www.nidsci.org/bios/puthoff.php

Dr. Robert G. Jahn.
    Dean of the School of Engineering at Princeton University. Founder of the PEAR laboratory, currently supporting a research program on the experimental effects of the human mind over random number generation equipment (micro-PK). Dr. Jahn has proposed that the idea of wave-particle duality can be applied to conciousness as well as to physical matter.
    http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/

More Links and References.
    http://www.scientificexploration.org/yi/links.php
    http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/links/consciousness.htm

Other References

Bergenheim, M., H. Johansson, B. Granlund, and J. Pedersen. 1996. Experimental Evidence for a Synchronization of sensory Information to Conscious Experience. In Toward a Scientific Basis for Consciousness. S. R. Hameroff, A. W. Kaszniak. and A. C. Scott. (Eds.). The MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass., pp. 303-310.

Cramer, J. G. 1983. Generalized absorber theory and the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen paradox. In Physical Review D 22:362-376.

Cramer, J. G. 1986. Transactional interpretation of quantum mechanics. In Reviews of Modern Physics 58:647-687.

Libet, B., E. W. Wright, B. Feinstein, and D. K. PearlK. 1979. Subjective Referral of the Timing for a Conscious Sensory Experience. In Brain 102:193-224.

Penrose, R. 1994. Shadows of the Mind. Oxford University Press, New York, p. 387.
    Other Readings

Aharonov, Y., D.Z. Albert, and S.S. D'Amato. 1985. Multiple-time properties of quantum-mechanical systems. In Physical Review D 32:1975-1984.

Aharonov, Y., D. Albert, A. Casher, and L. Vaidman. 1987. Surprising Quantum Effects. In Phys. Lett. A. 124:199-203.

Aharonov, Y. and. L. Vaidman. 1990. Properties of a quantum system during the time interval between two measurements. In Physical Review A 41:11-20.

Dr Fred Alan Wolf, PhD theoretical physics, ‘’Mind into Matter,’’
    - ‘‘Spiritual Universe, 2004’’
    - ‘’Parallel Universes, the search for other worlds,’’
    - ‘’The Yoga of Time Travel’’
    - ‘’Mind into Matter.’’

Prof. Amit Goswami, ‘’How Consciousness creates Reality.’’

References on Geometry

• Bell, John L., The Art of the Intelligible: An Elementary Survey of Mathematics in its Conceptual Development, Kluwer, 1999. ISBN 0-7923-5972-0.
    • Euclid, The Elements, Translated with an introduction and commentary by Sir Thomas L. Heath, Dover, (3 vols.), 2nd edition, 1956.
    • Hardy, Michael, "Pythagoras Made Difficult". Mathematical Intelligencer, 10 (3), p. 31, 1988.
    • Heath, Sir Thomas, A History of Greek Mathematics (2 Vols.), Clarendon Press, Oxford (1921), Dover Publications, Inc. (1981), ISBN 0-486-24073-8.
    • Loomis, Elisha Scott, The Pythagorean proposition. 2nd edition, Washington, D.C : The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, 1968.
    • Maor, Eli, The Pythagorean Theorem: A 4,000-Year History. Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press, 2007, ISBN 978-0-691-12526-8.
    • Stillwell, John, Mathematics and Its History, Springer-Verlag, 1989. ISBN 0-387-96981-0 and ISBN 3-540-96981-0.
    • Swetz, Frank, Kao, T. I., Was Pythagoras Chinese?: An Examination of Right Triangle Theory in Ancient China, Pennsylvania State University Press. 1977.
    • van der Waerden, B.L., Geometry and Algebra in Ancient Civilizations, Springer, 1983.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

I find it a shame this thread was put here.

14. Reiku Banned Banned

\(|S>=f(\ni) :\int_x^y(BC+BA=CA)\)→\(\psi \psi*\)→\(|\psi|^2=1\)

Where the state vector equals |S> equals the function given as \(f\) and the \(\ni\) representing the three principles of consciousness, so the function we are talking about, are integrated with them as real processes, the integral giving the function between y and x, where y will represent the Echo Wave, a positive time wave, and x as an Offer Wave, a negative time wave.

\(\int_x^y\)

The integral of x and y, must find themselves by theory to square upon arrival. However, normally we when using a single integral like this one with two points, x and y, we are actually talking about, is that we talk about x and y having actual relationships as being a measurement between an interval. So a=x and a=b

\(\int_x^y f(\ni)\)

Where again \(\ni\) represents the function of the principles of consciousness, certainty, uncertainty and expectancy principles. So since we are dealing with two wave that must multiply, we must find one operating in the positive and negative time directions, give as:

\(\int f(\int f_1,. . .f_2)\)

And

\(\int f(\int f_{-1},. . .f_{-2})\)

So we can make

\(\int_{x,-y}^{y,-x} f(\ni)\) →\(\psi \psi*\) →\(|\psi|^2\)\(=1\)

Where \((BA+BC=CA)\) is the expressions at work in \(\ni\), where for refreshment, \(A=Certainty\), \(B=Uncertainty\) and \(C=Expectancy\). Remember, they are not placed in this formation for no reason. You must take into consideration what the principles mean again, when we reflect on the past and the future, whilst in the present, and even reflecting on the present state itself.

And \(x,-y\) and \(y-x\) need to be multiplied, so we have \((x,-y)(y,-x)\), where x is \(|E(t,1)>\) an Echo Wave, and x is an Offer Wave \(<(t,2)O|\), and they meet through the operation of squaring during the interval \(<(t,2)E|O(t,2)>\), which is totally the same process found from \(|\psi|^2\) in the equation that unifies the principles with a notion of Transaction found from the discipline of Dr Cramer’s transactional interpretation.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  15. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

But you neglected to mention any explanation of your notation.
    I haven't got that book, but I bet Dr Wolf introduced and justified his usage of it, and made sure people understood the concept before he used it in reference to anything else.

I mention this because you said in another thread that you had Aspergers syndrome, a milder variety of autism.

One of the problems that autistic people have is that they find it difficult to seperate their own consciousness from other people's.

For example, there is a classic test with children, in which two children are in a room. The psychologist puts two cups on the table and hides a ball under one cup in full view of the children. He then asks one child to leave, say he is called Jerry, and swaps the ball to the other cup.

When he asks the remaining child the question "Which cup will Jerry choose if I ask him which cup the ball is under?", an autistic child will choose the wrong cup. He doesn't fully understand that his consciousness is his own alone.

To put it another way, perhaps you are sometimes not explaining your ideas very well because you do not appreciate that other people may not be aware of your concepts.

Or perhaps not. What do you think?

16. Reiku Banned Banned

yes, i would agree. I do indeed makr some of the work unclear.

17. Reiku Banned Banned

Not intentional, of course. I try my best.

18. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

No. That's fine.
    I just wonder if some of the problems you have with people spring from the disabilty which you have.

With the example below, an older child might give the right answer if he had been tutored, or came through his experience to recognise the situation, but he would never do it intuitively.

Once someone becomes older, autism is more difficult to spot if the person is intelligent.

I can't give any comment on the validity of your mathematics, because my maths stops at algebra.

Your acceptance of a spiritual dimension to life is also at odds with the general drift.
    This site is dogmatically atheistic at times.

I did post a thread which compared theism with music.
    No scientist denies the truth of the existence of music, but it has no physical presence.
    It is nothing, apart from the structure which within it makes sense and the people who appreciate it.
    It is difficult to post such a thread without it being hijacked by people with particular religious/anti-religious agendas.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  19. Reiku Banned Banned

Well, SPD is related to the autistic spectrum

20. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

SPD?

21. Reiku Banned Banned

Semantic Pragmatic Disorder

22. Reiku Banned Banned

It can also be said, that we may even be able to apply the mathematical discipline of the Dirac Delta Function into how we come to see the waves in time. They certainly travel at infinite speeds, with the least amount of energy possible, and yet contain an infinite amount of energy at their lowest speeds possible (1).

(1) – A few might disagree with actually saying these waves use or even have an energy, but, the way I see it, is that they certainly contribute to the very ‘’collapse’’ of states which contain energy (like a particle), so in a sense, they may have some type of imaginary energy instead of real energy.

Let’s have a look at the next equation:

\(\int_{-\infty}^{\infty} \delta(x) d(x)=1\)

In this case, we are using this equation to describe the nature of the distribution of the waves, being Echo and Offer Waves by terminology.

And we can even use a measure equation, when dealing with the spacetime theory concerning the relationship to a measurement theory, which are basically the conditions of a spacetime like having x, y and z directions. Such as length, area and volume. The main use of measure theory is as I understand it, to define concepts of integration over a hierarchy of domains with more experiences of using complex systems rather than that existing in real time. This actually opens up the usage of probability curve theory, to express probabilities in the nature of measurements.

\((\mu_a(S))=(\chi_S(a))=[a \in S]\)

The usage in a spacetime theory of consciousness in relation to systems that are of complex mathematical systems, it seems orderly to do so. If we could know these things from more intensive math, we could predict them through probability curve theory to measure and possibly map out some kind of system in conscious experience.

But in a branch of probability theory that does relate with measure theory, is called the Characteristic Function, where we can use probability distributions made in real dimension, hence its usage also with consciousness, since no measurement is ever made but in real time:

\(\varphi - X(t)= \operatorname{E}\left(e^{itX}\right)\,\)

The Delta Function for a measure, is given as

\(\int_{-\infty}^{\infty} f(x)d \delta(x)=f(0)\)

If we are talking about the wave introduced into the spacetime theory, then we can indeed say that it represent the transaction of two waves moving at infinite speeds, as a function that is limited, being the collapse in the wave function by definition.

\(\delta(x)=\lim_{a\to 0} \delta_a(x)\)

It would be interesting to see what would come out of the predictions of such equations when measuring statistics behind them, when concerning the observer.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  23. Reiku Banned Banned

''I did post a thread which compared theism with music.
    No scientist denies the truth of the existence of music, but it has no physical presence.
    It is nothing, apart from the structure which within it makes sense and the people who appreciate it.
    It is difficult to post such a thread without it being hijacked by people with particular religious/anti-religious agendas.''

Captain:

Good points here. Perhaps we should see them in light of qualia?