Gay from nature, not nuture

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by ashura, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What about the homosexual religious people that desperately want to be cured because they think they are living sinful lives ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

You would lose that bet. Did you even bother to read the story?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yorda Registered Senior Member

this isn't evidence that sexual orientation is a biologically fixed trait. their brain might have been normal in their childhood, and it changed because of some psychological and environmental reasons.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Again, from the link:

8. Reiku Banned Banned

Just got ur mail...

''I came across an article on WorldNetDaily a week or two ago that was about this very study. It had a blurb about gay men having women's brains. It was really humorous and stupid at the same time.''

It seems to me, that you say this, with full honesty that the notion that the brains which have homosexual tendancies that are actually analogous to the femail condition, where a gay man can experience, let's say, a great deal more emotions than that of a straight man.

However, the make-up, and arrangement of particles in my head cannot fully determine the sexual nature of a living, mobile peice of matter in all cases. For humans, the case where we are gay, may indeed have more to do with our nurture at extremely low ages, where our genes are still developing.

''A conservative book was written about many of the founding members of the Nazi party and their overt homosexual proclivities, especially those of SA leader Ernst Rohm. They apparently envisioned a man's world where women were for the home, but men were for the men, or something like that.
    It portrays these homosexual stalwarts of the Nazi party as thugs, which some of them undoubtedly were. And hey, they're Nazis!!! Everyone's favourite bad guys! What better way to put homosexuality in a bad light than put them in the same closet?''

Wonderfully worded. Only problem i have with this part, is that on a subliminal sense for any outsiders, is that there ''needs'' to be any such relation between the words gay and nazi in the same sentence.

That's all,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Don't confuse my personal thoughts on the subject with the article I referred to, in case that's what you are implying. I don't think the idea of gay men having women's brains, to be crude and blunt, is a universal phenomenon. But I'm not sure about that. I haven't actually read the statistics of that study. I will, very soon.

Don't know exactly what you're saying here. Do you mean when people are between 0 and 3 years of age? In the womb?

Well, I guess that's your opinion. Ernst Roehm was the most visible homosexual in Nazidom, and I'm only illustrating the fact that the person who wrote the book, The Pink Swastika, has gained a steady foothold in the conservative anti-homosexual movement.
    Links:
    http://www.abidingtruth.com/pfrc/books/pinkswastika/html/the_pinkswastika_4th_edition_-_final.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Pink-Swastika-Scott-Lively/dp/0964760932

In Germany, before the rise of the Nazi Party, there were apparently two distinct camps or schools of thought. One held that homosexuals were more feminine in nature, the other that homosexuality was masculinity taken to the utmost level.

Both of those are exploited by conservatives as an argument against homosexuality, and I support neither. In the same fashion, the whole nurture/psychology approach is juxtaposed to the biology/nature approach, and it seemed pretty evident that WorldNetDaily's link to the recent study by the Karolinska Institute was worded to make it look undesirable, ie Gay men have Female Brains. Unfortunately, I did a search of the site and could not come up with the same link that I first saw. I'm guessing it's because they didn't actually have an on-site article about it, only a link to the article on another website.

I just thought the wording they used was ridiculous given the fact that most conservative sites will reference someone like Dr. James Dobson who believes that if parents will only raise little boys (most emphasis is on the males) just so, that they can avoid the gross errors that bring homosexuality to being. Maybe I misinterpreted the title of the link?????? I doubt it. I remember thinking that it was incredibly hypocritical when I saw it.

The study that Dr. Simon LaVay did on the hypothalamus in supposed homosexuals was interesting but controversial, especially given that the "gay" men had basically all died of AIDS (which is a different story in itself), the methods he used for measuring the differences were perhaps questionable, and that some of the "straight" persons showed the same characteristics of the average of supposed homosexuals, and vice versa.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_LeVay

I have seen studies that purport to show that homosexuality is all in the upbringing. I have seen studies that show that homosexuality is in the brain. Some say that homosexual males are overtly feminine in nature. Others have said that, at least physically, they're hypermasculine.

Who could possibly believe that all of those theories are true?

I don't know. Sorry if I've rambled on. Everyone wants to believe one thing or the other it seems. I can't say any of the theories have hooked me.

10. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Notice in the reviews for the book, either people really like it, or really dislike it. Not always a good sign for a book.

http://www.abidingtruth.com/pfrc/boo...on_-_final.htm

And in the abingtruth.com link, notice Judith Reisman's endorsement:

Yes. In comparison to the Jews, faggots dying in the close vicinity of God's chosen should be marginalized. Did I capture the spirit of her opinion?
    Though she's paraded about in certain conservative Christian circles, I'm guessing she is a practicing Jew, in name at least. Like Dr. Laura.
    Both high on morals, but lacking in Jesus. It's a mystery why conservative Christian types prop them up so high.

Ms. Reisman continues:
    Is she referring to all homosexually oriented persons when she says "supermale German homosexuals" or only those typified by the followers of Roehm?

“Lively and Abrams call attention to what Hitlerism really stood for, abortion, euthanasia, hatred of Jews, and, very emphatically, homosexuality. This many of us knew in the 1930’s; it was common knowledge, but now it is denied...”
    R. J. Rushdoony, The Chalcedon Report

Ah! Rushdoony. What can you say about someone who thought that implementing Old Testament law through the modern American justice system was a good and venerable idea? What a great endorsement for the book!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  11. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Mannerisms, eh? As if the subjects chosen for the study were unusually feminine to begin?

Whether or not that's the route you were taking, it is probably justified to assume some sort of bias when selecting the self-selected.
    I guess I tried to address that in my previous post: the sample population will often reflect the bias of the researchers, and work to further the agendas. Better put, those looking for positive or negative things will generally find them, sometimes both groups from the same study.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:bugeye: