Gay Churches Decline / Fundamental Churches Grow

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Woody, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Maybe you didn't know this, but you're talking to Catholic.

I am assured that you saw his post about how we know that God exists.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

James R said:

Well actually I've already covered this.

Church Executive Magazine

The winners typically have taken the more conservative approach:

no change:

The losers:

All of the losers have gone pro-gay, or they are divided over S/S marririage. SBs have embraced fellowship of the brethren - a progay organization. Lutherans are pro-gay. Do I really need to say anything about the Presby (USA) denomination or the Episcopals that hasn't already been said in the news? ABCs are leaning gay. Church of Christ -- gay. JW's are leaning gay. Even the methodists are struggling in this area.

I'm just a christian. I don't cling to a denominational status.

To all the rest of the posts -- I don't respond to hate mail anymore, I'm just getting too lazy for it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

BTW: The majority of the people in america don't want same sex marriage. I read that Massachussets, the only state in the union that permits SSM, could put the issue to popular vote. If so, this scourge on america will likely be terminated.

This isn't about civil rights which everyone deserves, or civil unions which gays already have anyway, it's about an assault against humanity through moral decadence, and the usurping of that which is good and decent then equating it with that which has no honor to the putrification of the whole institution of marriage. Marriage will no longer be honorable in my opinion and the opinion of the majority of americans who will very gladly vote against the same-sex copycat version of it -- we thought of it first, and we are in the majority so kiss off.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Does this also apply to walking on your hands (using your "tools" in a wrong way) and falling over and hurting yourself (putting yourself in danger).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

Seriously, Woody? The Southern Baptists? The Evangelical Lutheran Church? The Lutherans in Missouri? These are all Fundamentalist congregations, Wood. You're going to have to provide sources for each and every one of these churches having apparently become liberal on gay issues. The only one there that has done so is, of course, the Episcopal (Anglican) Church, the so-called "mainstream" Christian Church in the USA.

Incidentally, your first post included the following poll result:
    If 86% agree that the Government should stay out of it, please explain why the same people are pushing for a Marriage Amendment to the Constitution - in other words a law that applies across the whole Federation and takes the deciding power away from the several States.

8. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Hate mail? Well deserved criticisms are what I call them. And I don't think you're all that good at responding to many of them, if you responded at all.

You are, in your own words, "Pissy pissy pissy."

9. imaplanck. Banned Banned

I think there should be gay churches because gays are nearly the same as normal people like black men.

10. Lawdog Digging up old bones Registered Senior Member

11. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Lawdog,

Why not? The main objection to homosexuality in the bible comes from Leviticus where in equal weighted clauses eating shelffish, wearing clothes of diffeent material, and male homosexuality are all to be punished by death.

I hope everyone can see clearly that at least two of these are quite ridiculous so why out of a list of idiocies pick one as an excuse to exercise intolerance and not the others? Why are you not condemning everyone who eat shellfish and wearing mixed blends of clothing in equal measure to homosexuality?

Can you not see that all are equally non-sensical?

12. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Lawdog,

And in that overwhelmingly ignorant statement comes the religious condoned hatred and intolerance for others. This is one of the fundamantal proofs of why Christianity is considerably evil and needs to be openly opposed.

13. Woody Musical Creationist Registered Senior Member

It's statements like yours that assure us we are right.

I find word studies quite interesting. For christians the dictionary is the second bible:

Here's a good one from the Wiki:

I might add, they use the term xian to speak of christians.

Here is another interesting word: Bigotry

When it comes to kissing feet, I think I'll pass, also for kissing butts, or anything else inappropriate. Therfore, I'm a bigot, and if you're not one then you can kiss my butt in a most unbigoted fashion.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Also, the french can kiss my butt anyway -- I'm a Norman.

Here's another good word: homophobia

Way to bust a dialogue!

Nope it comes from the apostle Paul in the new testament, which says clearly, homosexuals are going to hell, and that they deserve every bit of the punishment they will get there -- not just because they are homo, but because they gave themselves up to it, and condemned everthing that is good and wholesome in the process. Good will be called evil, and evil will be called good -- this is what our bible tells us, and this is what the antichrist will do. As you said in another thread, Cris, you are antichrist. May I quote your words again from this thread:

These are very close to the words of THE antichrist, and you have spoken them. Yes, I agree that you are an antichrist.

14. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

My assumption is that the church exists for everyone. If homosexuals are searching for something greater than their own homosexuality, then they should be welcomed into the church with open arms. I don't think the church need accept homosexuality. It's the individual that should be embraced.

I also feel that if an organized religion holds dear a doctrine that prohibits homosexuality, then that belief should be respected and left to its own.

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Finally my illness has a name. Praise the lard.

16. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

The first post in this thread makes me think "is this Woody fella just Fred Phelps in disguise?"...:bugeye:

17. Provita Provita Registered Senior Member

So the RCC, a church which has caused more death than any other Christian church, a church that supported Hitler and the Nazis during WW2, the church that began the inquisition, the church which fought against Galileo because he stated the world wasnt the center of the universe, is the true church? Heh.

by the way, whats wrong with same sex marriages? it doesnt change anything. its civil, not religious bondage. Sure, fight over your little "gays cannot be married in churches" ordeal, but they should be able to be married on ships and by judges, because all it does is give gays the chance to say they are married. by denying same sex marriage you are not stopping homosexuality one bit, and there is probably even more chance of them having sex more with other people, since they arent married and all... they can just ... break up... no hassle in divorce and stuff... so its a lot easier to cheat and have sex a lot.

After all, thats what u homophobic prejudice hardheaded pricks are fighting againt, right? the right to have sex with someone of the same gender...

18. imaplanck. Banned Banned

I think normal people should let gay people in churches even if the bible says not to. God didn't mean the bible to be followed properly, not all the time anyway.

19. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I don't believe it is so much the idea of allowing homosexuals in church. It is more the idea of allowing homosexuality in church. The church is a social gathering of familiar beliefs, each being--though diverse--a microcosm of the larger Christian theology. Homosexuality has never been an acceptable practice within the larger Christian understanding. I don't believe that a homosexual union has any place within a Christian Church or within the Christian mind.

The Bible is an open book and widely available. Make of it what you want.

20. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Yes, and people do. Therein lies the problem.

21. imaplanck. Banned Banned

What if they have a wall down the middle and homo sapiens can sit on one sid and normal people with children on the other?

22. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Yes, or maybe they could set light to the seats on one side to remind all the fruits where they're heading if they don't change their sinful ways. What do you think, Woody?

23. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I see it as being a subjective read, depending on what answers you are searching. Others find their answers in science and externalism. The World will never agree on those things.