garlic B.O.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by chimpkin, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I got a solution, stop eating garlic and onions. Appearance and presentation is very important in a career.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

I would tell you that it is no business of yours what your fellow employee ate. I would suggest that your motives were racist. I would tell you that if you could not tolerate your employment due to his/her tastes in cuisine that you should leave now. Then I would hire the next person on the list...and tell them why they got the job that you previously had.

If you gave me any crap for this, I would file racial discrimination charges on you, as lots of folks use Indian cuisine smells as a cheap excuse to discriminate against Indians. Ditto for African American cuisine, Greek American cuisine, etc etc etc. ...and we have some very good and very hungry lawyers around here that specialize in just this type of stuff.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Remember - I am in Detroit. We get lots of folks here who don't like some other ethnic group and do nasty stuff to them when they can for whatever reason they can cook up. Some of us like that, the majority of us do not.

I am an American mutt. I do not tolerate racism. Really. Whoever it is that someone doesn't like is on my family tree so I do not tolerate it at all - period.

Nothing personal, just policy.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Sometimes, young friend Shogun, the perspective of 1/2 century brings understanding and insight that the brilliance of youth does not.

Please consider this.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

That's the kind of attitude that might get your car keyed or a squirt of super glue in your locks. (anonymously of course) I wouldn't ever do that, but remember you live in Detroit.

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I know

that's why I'm here

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Which side of 8 mile road if you don't mind me asking? I am gonna assume the good side.

10. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

BTW...as per Leopold's suggestion, am now mixing baking soda (exfoliant) in the soap on my bath scrubby.
    As per Mikey's suggestion I have switched over to mainly eucalyptus oil as a body scent with a couple of drops of patchouli in it.
    This plus using Mennen musk deodorant-I won't use aluminum antiperspirants because I worry about the possible long-term effects of aluminum exposure.

The boss said my cologne smelled good today. Win.

I'm going to try to limit, but not eliminate, the garlic.
    I do generally agree with Shogun, B.O. is not professional...but at the same time, if it was really effective at getting rid of the infection? it might be worth gassing the whole building...

11. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Sounds like good progress, please keep us posted on how well it works for you.

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

25 drops lavander essence oil, 15 drops rosemary essence oil, 10 drops orange essence oil, 5 drops of cedarwood essence oil, mix in 125 mL mist bottle (yes "mist" not spray

) add in a teaspoon of witchhaze to dissolve the oils into the water. Let sit for a day or so.

SPAY THAT SHIT EVERYWHERE AND YOU WILL BE LOVED.

Spay that shit down before getting sum..... you will be thanking me

13. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Lavender oil gives me a severe headache

Cedar is one of my top 3 allergens by RAST test.
    That, oak and pecan, the swelling from those sticks literally wrapped around my arm, circling it completely...everyone in the allergy clinic came to see my freakishly swollen arms.
    Cedar oil will give me an asthma attack.

Cedar trees/bushes give me hives on contact... I literally cannot touch a cedar bush without breaking out in red itchy dots where the little green needles touched my skin.

And I am slightly allergic to orange peel too.

I actually can't use more than about 4 drops of patchouli without having problems, but it's powerful stuff.
    Rosemary, peppermint, eucalyptus are fine, as is lemon oil.
    Ginger essential oil is something I might get too-it's a very good smell indeed.

Tea tree oil is too, but I don't think anybody wants me wearing that stuff.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  14. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

I used to be on the other side, now I live just down the road from him.

It took me 11 years to save up enough money to move here.

Around here, you do not have to do anything to get that treatment - and it is always anonymous because only cowards act in that manner. Real gangstas face you off out in public with their pistol in their hand so they can show everyone how tough they are and how weak you are. Your perspective is very suburban, young friend.

My car was broken into 2 nights ago in my driveway and they got $400 of gear. I had some idiot pick a fight with me for no reason this week, but they left when I proved difficult to intimidate. I have a CCW and always go armed. I recall where I live quite well, thanks.

While you may not care for my attitude, it is practical, fair and it works. Anyone stupid enough to lose their job because they simply must express their disapproval over another persons ethnicity deserves what they get. There a lot of people here who will gladly take their job.

The problem with criticizing people for their personal stuff is that they tend to take that...well, personally. Master Yu taught us "do not pick a fight with another person, as you do not know what he has in his pocket." Words to live by.

15. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

:worship:
    Some people do practice Gun-Fu, yeah.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Were you raised in an ultra-clean environment? There's a theory that people raised in extremely clean environments have a propensity towards having allergies.

17. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

No.
    Mom smoked in the first trimester...quit when she realized I was coming...but I was a month premature anyway.
    First pneumonia 18 months, probably had asthma at birth.
    In her defense, in the 1950's when she grew up, cigarettes were promoted as a treatment for morning sickness.

18. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

BubleBoy syndrome

19. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Just to point this out: You would file racial discrimination charges on behalf of your employee whom another one of your employees would complain about?

What would you say and do if a relative of yours, your boss or other important person in your life uses a strong / a lot of perfume/cologne, and you were to spend time with them?

20. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Yes, you are correct, it would indeed be on behalf of the employee. However, I think that I made my point painfully clear regardless of a lack of legal specificity. Facing charges is facing charges regardless of who has filed them, and most of our readers here do not understand the difference that you point out.

I would begin with watering eyes, coughing and non - stop sneezing, then I would leave the area. If they asked why I had a strong allergic reaction to their stench I would tell them in a matter-of-fact manner.

Wearing strong stinkola like that is now illegal in many public places here - with good reason, so any emotional reaction to my physiological reaction would be pretty limp.

21. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Hmm, before my current allergy cocktail, I have had asthma attacks from people's cologne.

Again...the eucalyptus is mostly beneficial for respiratory passages for a lot of people, including me.
    This is why eucalyptus is in Hall's mentho-lyptus cough drops.
    So that makes it a good choice for scenting myself.

What I hate are those stupid renuzit room scenters...I am allergic as all get out to those and most artificial scents in general.
    Natural scents are a little bit less likely to set me off, but anything that could even be loosely defined as an aromatic petrochemical, including most fake scents, can be bad news for me.

I can't spray for bugs, for instance, and carb cleaner is baaaad.

Personally, I wish Americans were not so icked about B.O., but it is what it is.

22. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I got an idea for trying to eliminate the B.O. if the person/s insist to keep eating garlic/onions.

One might be investing in multiple air conditioners and putting the fan on max. Better ventilation might help with overall odor.

This one might be a bit costly:

Deodorant and cologne. Make sure you get good deodorant and light scented cologne that gives more of a refreshing smell then a strong scent.

I realize that gassing the entire place with those products may leave your bankrupt.

Which leads to my next idea, which is Frebreeze (or whatever its spelled).

23. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I'd admit, I first heard of 8 mile road from Rap, and this movie:

8 Mile