Gaia and origin of life

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by jsispat, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsispat SURESH BANSAL Registered Senior Member

Dear ALL,
    I believe that our planet earth is itself biological organ and growing like a tree.i want to prove it. pls help me urgently that where should i contact.i believe meteors contains amino acid and necessary proteins showing that they are seeds of planets. one planet is a result of one meteor only.pls help me.
    regs
    suresh
    sureshbansal342@gmail.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Are you suggesting the Gaia hypothesis or something different? I can’t see how you can prove that as inanimate rock demonstrates none of the accepted properties of living organisms.

I don’t know about meteors and meteorites, but I am pretty sure that comets are known to contain amino acid precursors and maybe even simple amino acids. I have no references off hand but I’m sure some quick searching will uncover this information.

No. There is no evidence or expectation that meteors or comets contain whole proteins that have formed de novo on the meteor/comet. You need the linkage of a dozen or more amino acids by peptide bonds before a protein is said to have been formed. As far as I am aware there is no expectation that the non-enzymatic physical conditions necessary for this to occur can exist outside of the Earth.

However, the panspermia hypothesis includes the idea that whole organisms might hitch a ride on meteors, and that such meteors can seed that life on new planets that they collide with. In this way meteors might transport proteins in the form of dormant cells.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It looks more like an attempt to get round the locking and cesspooling of this thread. A continuation (or reiteration) of his "planets are live creatures" thread...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Oh, I see.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I was unaware of the history behind this. This seemed like a genuine attempt to discuss panspermia (which can involve interesting and legitimate scientific discussion), but I see it’s actually likely to be a pre-text to discussions more suited to the Pseudoscience forum. Seeing as the earth formation thread is still open in Pseudoscience I see no reason to have this additional thread open as well. Ongoing discussion can take place in the Pseudoscience thread.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.