Free Energy

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Read-Only, May 14, 2007.

1. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Correct. But look at the early numbers and you can see where it first really begain to get popular usage. Even though the later numbers certainly show a greater rate, the jump from '96 to '98 is actually HUGE, percentage-wise!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

Ahem! Exponential growth.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yes, I see that. And what would you call the increase from 16 million to 70 million?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It pretty well backs up what he was saying even though you, I and a few others were contacting mainframes (and also playing tic-tac-toe and Hunt The Wumpus) well before that. His timeframe is actually pretty close for when the general public started getting online.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

I would call that growth over a two year period that predates Windows 98!

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Actually the growth wasn't down to the protocols or the software, it was actually down to the cost of telecommunications. Prior 1998 for instance in England BT (British Telecom) was pretty much the only "Internet" provider outside of academic institutions.

Yes there was AOL and Compuserve too, however both companies only supplied the Internet Gateway not the actual Telephone line to connect to it.

It wasn't until circa 1998/1999 when a number of small companies (and big companies to boot) wanted to extend their businesses to the internet to lessen the use of Faxing through emails and tie up their staff less by having website containing the usual data people required from them.

On top of that the home user that wanted to use the internet but couldn't because of it's expense (believe me, Premium call charges for a few hours or more a day soon adds up, I'd had over 2,000 GBP bills just for internet related charges)

Those charges were pretty much of course because of the extortionate pricing structure and the lack of Fast/Stable connection speeds.
    (9.6k [Fax speed], 14.4k or 28.8k connection speeds really were slow and 56k was hardly an improvement.) (Thats Kilobits for baud rate)

As soon as the pricing changed, it became affordable, everyone and their dog could access the internet. As time moved on sanctions were made by parlimentary officials to both generate a target of how many households in the UK should have access to affordable internet connections and also what speeds those accesses should be.

There was also the pressure put on BT to open their Telecommunications lines to 3rd Party contractors that wanted to use their already laid lines to offer other ISP gateways.

This was UK alone, however the sentiments were voiced in both the EU and UN in regards to better/cheaper telecommunications access for people world wide. There are a few countries that now class internet access as a "Basic human right".

9. kwhilborn Banned Banned

And my point as well. I referrenced "Windows 98", because many people cannot rtemember what they had for breakfast a day ago. By reminding users what application they might have been using is more likely to jog their memories.

The Point I was making and seems to have been made repeatedly is that the Internet is fairly new in terms of popular usage. So I again point towards new science surfacing in UTUBE, and forums such as this.

As styrder pointed out, "peer review" has turned away from the technique of proposing the idea to a panel of experts. Many are now posting their results of their "pet theories". I think that SCI-FORUM will probably have to adapt a new forum eventually that deals with this "pet theories" and UTUBE presence. I have no idea what forum to mention UTUBE on, yet I think it would be beneficial if a few academics perused them on occassion.

John Hutchison does appear trained, and I have seen him as a physicist on television in regards to projects other than his own. The point of him being a "garage scientist" is meant because he is not financed, and prefers (seems to)to work out of his apartment. His work seems quite bizarre, and if he is onto something then maybe free energy is something in our future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7LTag4R77Q

Actually on this next link. There is a physicist speaking (endorsing) about John Hutchisons work in graphic, graphic detail. It is a very detailed acoount of what amounts to be an anti-gravity device, and ALL of the principles involved.
    The physicist starts talking about 3 minutes in. Perhaps someone can tell me if they think this makes sense. I couldn't tell?
    I'll Bite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocqxlAurZCg&mode=related&search=

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Gee whiz, Kwhilborn, that video presents nothing but scientific gobbledygook double-speak - total nonsense. And the "physicist", as you call him is Tom Bearden, one of the very guys I warned you about who is a total fraud. Even his PhD degree is false - he bought it from a now defunct online site called Trinity College and University that would sell degrees to anyone who paid for them.

Seriously, you should spend more time checking these people out. There are dozens of references about them available. Here's one about Bearden and his qualification and a book he wrote to make money (because his "science" didn't make anything for him). http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache...ge.html tom bearden&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=14&gl=us

As I said before, if any of this stuff worked, these guys that "discovered" or "invented" it would all be millionaires by now rather than selling books and making cheap little videos for sale. Doesn't that tell you something?

11. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Thanks for the laugh. gobbledygook. Poor example I guess.

Someone somewhere must be posting valid experiments though, I just can't tell when the gobbledygook is over my head.

Thanks again for the heads up Read-Only, I have enjoyed your input on various topics, always with a level head, and a good answer.

However offering up the "nutjob" experimenters on utube is the only contribution I could make on free energy. I have no ideas or theories on it myself. It would be nice to see some sort of breakthrough in Free Energy.

12. phlogistician Banned Banned

Not quite, deregulation of the telecoms industry was when, 1991? Local companies provided internet access, and one isp/telecoms company I later worked for had free Internet access as part of the phone bundle, until the Internet/WWW got more popular, and they realised the potential of charging for it.

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

BT was still charging extortionate rates up until 1999/2000 until Oftel looked into it.

14. phlogistician Banned Banned

The ISP I worked for offered 'unmetered' internet access with it's telephony service meanwhile.

You should have looked at other providers. That was the era of Freenet and Freeserve, at decent 0845 call rates.

15. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well back then it wasn't actually my line, however the costs were applied from both the phone number and the actual ISP connection which was Compuserve back then. The phone number I think was classed as a Local call back then but due to the time of day it was being used they charged premium prices. (8am-5pm) Sometimes access would be a little longer than 5pm (6pm-10pm).

Still it's something historic and now a days although I'm not paying the cheapest price for my Flat monthly fee, I'm happy with it. (Virgin Media's 10Mbit connection, I was only ever interested in the Upload speed on connections for web-development purposes.)

I would look at SDSL, however currently the prices are too bloated for a single person to consider using. If I was a SME and had a number of people dealing with internet related use (Support, Administration etc) then it would obviously be something to inquire about in the future.