France pushing war on Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlueMoose, Sep 18, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Guess its too much trouble to actually read, huh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Lemme guess, even the news on Iraqi sanctions is from accredited American news sources. Not that those babies are doing so well now.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And if the West hadn't come in and invested their own money it would still be under the sand of Iran, and they would still be riding camels, You can excuse it by saying he nationalized the oil, but what he nationalized was the property and investments of the people who paid for all of those wells to be drilled, the piping system, and shipping facilities, he stole the moneys invested by other people, and gave it away, he was nothing but a thief, on a grand scale but still a common thief, it doesn't matter if it was given to the government of Iran, it was still paid for by other people and they were being denied the right of ownership by the fact that they paid for it.

How about I come and take your car a nationalize it, in the name of the people, and you still have to make the payments for it, that is exactly what Mossadegh did, it doesn't matter what his reason, it is still theft.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its still in Iran. It belongs to Iran; if I come and flip your house, it does not mean you signed it over to me.

You pay those countries for the oil. Its their national resource.

You are the thief in Iraq. Not Iraqis. If a plumber puts up a toilet in my house, it does not give him the right to crap in it whenever he wants.

Amazing :crazy:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And it was paid for by People who invested their own money to bring it to the market, private individuals, little people like you, people who are trying to better their lives, people who because they invested their money provided jobs and a better way of life for those in Iran, who because of the new jobs could raise the standard of living for their families,

The interesting thing is that the standard of living was rising in Iran at the time of Mossadegh's nationalization of the Oil Industry, so what was the real reason for the Nationalization? from all of the cases of Nationalization of a industry that I have ever studied, it ended up that the Person who nationalized the Industry ended up being the biggest recipient of the moneys made from that industry, and from the histories of the middle east, and the way things are done Mossadegh, would have become the main recipient of the largess of the Nationalization.

So a Thief is still only a Thief, no matter how you dress it up.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like China, Japan and the rest of the world is paying to hold up the American economy? Are you ready to sign away your country Buffalo?

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

It is really amazing how little you see, Have we nationalized any of the Investments from those countries? have we ever nationalized any industry from a foreign countries, we allow them to invest, and invest they do, why? they invest because they make money, and it benefits them to do so, when the U.S. starts to steal the investments of foreign investors then you can preach to us, until then Mossadegh was nothing but a thief, he took the invested moneys of others and made it the property of Iran with no payment for the value taken.

10. otheadp Banned Banned

if i were a leftwing nut i'd call Sarkozy Bush's French poodle

when i heard about this i heard myself utter "oh no...".
    it brought in the msg that "nothing is off the table" means business. and that it's time to get the population of the world realize that and ingraned in their heads.

fuck... the last thing i want is another conflict...with Iran. not just because it'll make life less safe all around the world, but because i feel bad for the Iranians who have nothing to do with their fanatical regime's aspirations or belligirent moves, yet will have to shed their blood to protect it.

but as i've been saying over and over, stopping the mullah regime from acquiring nukes is more important than anything.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That explains all the US subsidies that only benefit the US markets, while destroying foreign economies.

Iranian oil belongs to Iran whether you like it or not, and when (not if anymore) the euro becomes the world's reserve currency, you'll get a taste of what its like to be on the other side. Everyone gets whats due to him, karma being what it is.

12. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

All the iranians I know prefer to call iran persia. I think they identify iran islam and islam has been ruined for many of them by the mullahs. There is also a reawakening in regards to persias pre-islam history which was after all pretty spectacular.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

If you sell my house with out my permission you are a thief.

Iran was paid for those leases, they were bought and paid for, and developed by individuals who invested their moneys to develop those resources, and a certain amount of that was re-invested in Iran, royalties were paid for every gallon of oil that was shipped out of Iran, but Mossadegh saw a way to power, he became a thief, he wasn't satisfied with the percentage paid to Iran with the Royalties, he wanted the whole thing, and guess what? it blew up in his face, he got to greedy, he stole what wasn't his and then tried to justify it by claiming to give it to the people, I would love to see how much of a cut he was going to have for his actions, 50%--70%--hell lets not be a piker over this how about 100%, a thief is still a thief, and that was all Mossadegh was, on a grand scale, yes, but still a thief.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sorry, any country can nationalise its assets. You live in lala land. In fact, your government can use your land (bought and paid for) and move you elsewhere, crackdown on foreign investments that are against the best interests of their people etc. at any time.

Your investing in a company does not make you owner of the company, its Iranian laws that are superior in Iran, American laws do not qualify.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, SAM, what due will be yours for the enmity in your soul?
    Jealousy woman be thy name.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Karma is not under my control.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The question was not if the U.S. could Nationalize companies that are based in America, it was when has America done so? We pay the investor for the use of his money, we don't steel it as Mossadegh did, so you condone stealing if it is done in the name of the people of Iran? but is it not still stealing, the moneys invested were not returned, and the use of those moneys wasn't paid for, a thief is still a thief, and Mossadegh was a thief no matter how you dress it up.

Surprisingly investing in a company does make you a owner in the Company, if the returns are not good enough, if you own voting shares you can change the leadership of the company, if you don't own voting shares, you still are a owner in the company, and as such you remover the moneys that make you a owner and invest them some were else and divest your self of said company, and if enough other investors agree with you guess what happens to the company, and that is exactly what happened to Mossadegh, he was voted out by the stock holders, they had influence in their countries, and they influenced Iran, and change the leadership of the company.

You forget fact that the moneys weren't paid back, (Theft on a Grand Scale) and if you change the laws to make theft of property legal, remember the oil was paid for and royalties were being paid, the Iranian Government was getting its cut of the money, from the sale of the oil, why shouldn't the offended parties change the laws again if they can, when you start to cheat the system and become a thief as Mossadegh did then expect the people who you stole from to play rough, and if you can't play in the same league expect to lose, and Mossadegh lost and paid for his crime.

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Really?

19. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Iran hostage crisis...has to do with Iran. This thread is about Iran.
    Gitmo is not about Iran.
    As many times as I've seen you tell someone to stay on topic, follow your own advice.
    Case in point the thread you started about the difference in school attendance over the last 20 years between black people and other races.
    I distinctly remember you telling someone to stay on topic, several times, including threatening to ban/report, whatever, them if they brought race into it, when everyone and their mother could see that you couldn't discuss that topic w/o bringing race as a factor into it. :bugeye:

You telling me this is like Don King telling Yahoo Serious he has a bad haircut.

I can almost guarantee that you have way more people holding any opinion from you beneath regard than any of mine. I don't troll. I don't sidestep any statements proving me wrong, nor do I try to approach something from a different angle when I get proven wrong. Keep digging sweetheart.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You print money to buy/sell assets from another country in exchange for free goods and services.
    Your entire lifestyle has been donated to you by the OPEC agreement to sell oil in dollars in exchange for protection. Basically, hired thugs.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I was addressing your views on the hostage situation which was "who cares" Iran hostage crisis also involved the US which is currently holding innocent people hostage; perhaps they ought to apply their own standards to their own behaviour, you as well. As such any of your opinions on Iran are irrelevant to me.

As you say: who cares?

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And, what does every other country in the world do? how many countries use hard currency any more? every country in the world prints money, and they all buy and sell in their own currencies, or what ever currency they may decide to do so in, so what is your point?

Our currency is recognized internationally, and we pay interest on moneys invested in our country, we don't steal from those investors by nationalizing the investments that are made those investors, they make money, we make money, we honor the contract.

That is not what Mossadegh did, he took the investments of others, he broke contracts, and he failed to return the original investments let alone the interest and dividend earned by those investments, he made them His own, and for all the grand sounding words he did what you accuse the U.S. of doing he stole from the people who invested in his country and were paying royalties on every ounce of oil that left that country, but Mossadegh wasn't satisfied with the Contracts as they were set up, by Grown Men doing Business, he wanted the whole pie, so he engineered a grand theft of others investments, he stole the original investments, and then he stole the dividends and interest owed on those moneys, from people who were investing in the country of Iran, No matter how you dress it up a Thief, and theft of property, and money, and a man of no honor who failed to live up to the word of his country, and the contracts signed by his country.

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Innocent in your eyes? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:and we know just how impartial you are.