Fox Hunting

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Pi-Sudoku, Sep 24, 2005.

?

Fox Hunting is....

1. Neccesary and should be allowed

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Barbaric cruel and should be banned

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Pi-Sudoku Slightly extreme Registered Senior Member

British people will know of the ongoing battle about the morality of fox hunting and the government recent ban on the sport

so, is it barbaric or part of society

If you don't know what i mean by fox hunting this is a brief description

People on Horses(rich people from the countryside) chase foxes with a pack of hounds, when they find a fox the hounds rip it to shreds

If you need some persuading here are a few websites

Allow Fox Hunting - www.countryside-alliance.org

Ban Fox Hunting - http://www.league.uk.com/pro_hunt_propaganda.htm

Impartial news coverage - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/uk/2003/hunting_debate_/

What does anyone thing

also if would be nice to say where you are posting from if you don't mind

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

I see no need for it, if the meat and fur are not used. Is it barbaric? It is traditional to British society, which is not barbaric but is civilized;thus, it is not barbaric. Posting from Brooklyn, NY.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It isn't a very fair sport to me but I guess that's why they like to do it. Why not just play polo with their horses instead of trying to kill a fox that has no chance? This is extreme cruelity IMO and should be banned. If those that do this sort of thing want enjoyment thet could also just play soccer amongst themselves and kick their balls off!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

foxies foxies running around
    rabid foxies biting their tongues

take a bite from a foxy in hunt
    it won't harm
    take a rabid bite!

8. I'm posting from the countryside here in dear old Blighty and absolutely bladdy right, fox hunters should be eaten.

Paint 'em all red, slap a tail on 'em and set the hounds on 'em - see how they like it is not only my motto, it's also a rather tasteful tattoo I have on my left buttock.

Fox Hunting is more the home counties sort of a deal. They do happen elsewhere, but thank god I don't live around the sort of arseholes that pursue it.

Don't get me wrong, when found around here are killed on sight. Where I live is an agricultural area exclusively and they do take livestock and make a mess doing it - but round these parts its done with a twelve bore and not a hooray-harry in sight.

Actually, round this part of the world if a hooray-harry were ever idiot enough to stick there nose on a farmers land they'd get the same - the english, not too well though of round these parts...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Damnedest thing of it is though, I've been a bumpkin' now for the past 20 years - I've only ever seen a live fox once in all that time. Mainly when y'see them they're road kill - sad, but happens.

Back when I lived in the big city though, you'd see 'em all the time. Regular feature.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Of all of the fox hunts that are/used to be held, how many foxes were actually killed?

In the USA, we have boxing, wrestling, karate fights, football, skiing, basketball, hockey, mountain climbing, .... In all of that, how many people have been killed or injured by in those sports? Is that "civilized"?

Baron Max

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Those aren't 'kill for pleasure' sports

11. And most of them aren't killed by dogs.

12. extrasense Registered Senior Member

Hunting is good, it keeps spirit up.

If there is enough foxes, hunt them for your pleasure.

ES

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Yeah, some serial killers apply that logic too.

14. extrasense Registered Senior Member

Those who can not think of anything more than rain on other people parade, should be kicked in the ...

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Parade of pervert fools.
    Why not join the parade of life not death? :bugeye:

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, Avatar, I've asked already .....how many foxes have been killed during fox hunts?

Baron Max

17. Wings Registered Senior Member

Rather opposite ends of the poles there. I did live in London for a while, so I'm aware of the issue. One thing I never found out: what's the fox population like? I mean, if they're overpopulated, then you're doing them a favor right? And I can understand a farmer sicking his dogs on anything that eats his livestock. Not that I would agree with the decision (especially if it was endangered), but I would understand.

18. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

Barbaric cruel and should be allowed

I don't think governments should have their hands in morality as much as they do.

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

There is no difference be it ten or thousand. It's the suffering caused not the number of kills.

20. Pi-Sudoku Slightly extreme Registered Senior Member

I will look for some stats

21. Pi-Sudoku Slightly extreme Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  22. vslayer Registered Senior Member

why does it matter how many are killed, you cant put a price on tearing a live animal limb from limb. IMO you cant put a price on any life at all.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So ...what do you have to say about the little mice used in medical experiments ...which help scientists create drugs in order to save human lives? Can't put a price tag on the little mice???? No price??

How about people who kill roaches and termites? Aren't those live animals, too? Are you against killing roaches and termites?

Please get real! Reality just fucks up those tiresome "idealisms" all the time. Idealism is for the young people who haven't experienced much of life.

Baron Max