Four U.S. Soldiers Charged in Iraq Prisoner Drowning

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Pakman, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Pakman Registered Senior Member

What do you people think? This is truely a thread for everyone's opinon. President Bush says the American people and the American do not stand for this. Yet has President Bush emphasized enough about not mistreating Iraqis, seeing as how this is a serious matter for America's credibility and the war on Iraq? Does this also hint that maybe there are more mistreatment going ons with the other Iraqi prisoners? Are Americans not tainted by hatred, anger, prejudice, selfishness,...guilty murder? Or is it that the Iraqis who expressed fear in the war were actually telling the truth?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Eng Grez Registered Senior Member

What now?

I really don't see how one can go farther than charging them with the crimes they committed and publicly saying at every opportunity that what has happened was deplorable and will be punished.

But hey, when it comes to question-begging, the logically unsound have never found it a hard tactic to resort to.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

This is a fairly old story, which was plain from the start (links, anyone more motivated than me?). Why do we feign surprise that the US Govt is attempting to shift blame for racism and exploitation down the chain of command?

The US embarked on economic and political policy that encouraged such behavior, and inevitably resulted in it. We are not watching justice unfold- We are watching inept damage control. I will hold our leaders accountable for this and many other crimes in Iraq. American patriots, who believe in a government of, by, and for the people, please join in upholding the ideals that make the USA worth keeping.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.