Formal Complaint About the Admin James R.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by OilIsMastery, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

James R. told me if I have a complaint I should take it up in the appropriate forum: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=88513

My complaint is blatant censorship.

See here: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=87084

James has no evidence the mantle isn't cold so the thread was closed.

See here: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=87163

James doesn't know what causes earthquakes so the thread was closed.

See here: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=88141

James thinks ad hominem attacks are scientific counterarguments so the thread was closed.

See here: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=88513

James thinks the sun does not give off cosmic rays so my posts were deleted.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Regarding the earthquake thread: As was clearly noted when the thread was closed, no topic of discussion was raised there. Only a number of assertions were posted about earthquakes by OIM - mostly copies from his blog no doubt. Superfluous rubbish anyway.

Regarding the mantle: again, no topic of discussion was raised. OIM merely asserted that the mantle is "cold". This was most likely just another advertisement for his blog.

Regarding the Iguana thread, OIM asserted that iguanas could not have travelled across the ocean to inhabit certain islands, when quite clearly they did. So, this was a silly thread to start with. Later, perhaps realising how silly it was, OIM fell back into an attempt to rehash his previously-debunked "expanding earth" argument. Since this was off-topic for the thread, I closed it.

I now ask OIM to cease and desist from making vexatious and groundless complaints.

Moreover, I warn OIM that further cut-and-pastes from OIM's blog, as a means of advertising his site, may result in a permanent ban from sciforums.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

You are lying. The topic was what causes earthquakes. Read the thread title...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So say so if you think so. Censorship is your preferred methodology.

Saying the mantle is cold is an ad for my blog? Do you really take yourself seriously?

7,000 miles? Since when do you believe in miracles?

First you tell me to complain. Then you tell me not to complain...:shrug:

My blog has nothing to do with this. You can't debate science without resorting to censorship, that's what this is about.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

The land masses on earth were not always in the position they are now. I missed this thread, but why are you sure that they had to swim?

8. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

He's a fundamentalist. He's so sure he has to censor any opposing viewpoints.

9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Listen you ignorant little dipshit. You have been given abundant opportunity to troll your unsubstantiated, juvenile drivel across endless threads, piling up mountains of putrid illogic of such banality and stupidity that the stench of it can even make it through my monitor. To claim that you are being censored is on a par with the rest of the inane ramblings you spew out from what passes as a brain.

By the way the above is not an ad hominem, but an objective description of your role in reality. James should have chucked you out as you have been chucked out from other forums in the past. Go play with the traffic.

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I do not always agree with James, but he is the man. I think he always tries to do the best as he sees it and overall I think he does a good job. So I think it best if you take his advice and respect his opinion and direction.

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

shouldn't that be in instead of with?

12. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Hmmm... I have no problem with censoring opposing viewpoints if the opposition is a complete moron.

13. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I think your response meant as much as to me, as my original comment seems to have made to you. Can you clarify?
    By the way. I've taken you off ignore. I can't even remember why you were on it. Dates back a year or two, I think.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

in my opinion playing with traffic means to place nails in the road or to shoot out traffic lights. playing in traffic means to take your toys and sit in the middle of the fast lane.
    probably because you thought i was some kind of numb nuts whacko.
    i can tell you right now that my nuts are certainly not numb.
    as for the whacko bit i think we all are whacko at some point in our lives.
    being hopelessly in love certainly affirms that observation.

15. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Ah, you young people have such fun.

No. It's only the extreme and persistent whackos that achieve that. You must have said something right wing.

16. Balerion Banned Banned

You're an idiot and a troll. Nobody here is going to support you. Why don't you just find another forum to bother? James is one of the best Mods/Admins this place has.

17. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

That's exactly the argument that was used to execute Socrates.

18. Balerion Banned Banned

You, sir, are no Socrates.

Seriously, though, just because an argument has occasionally been used mistakenly does not mean that it never applies. Your body of work proves your low-grade intellect.

19. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

I have both Plato's and Xenophon's accounts of Socrates' trial, and in neither are the words "idiot," "troll," or "forum" mentioned. Are you sure you want to commit to the fallacious claim of "exactly the argument?"

Then again, pseudoscience proponents and crackpots frequently appeal to pity -this is often known as The Galileo Argument

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  20. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

:bravo:

You are the King. :worship:

Ask him about abiogenesis and the Miller-Urey experiment, then you'll remember....

(Actually, I advise you don't do that as it will result in much hair-pulling.)

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

abiogenesis, life from lifelessness.
    miller-urey, proteins from what was thought to have been the "primordial soup".
    why the big bruhaha?

edit
    a german scientist proved that protiens that were secreted by the body could be synthesized way before miller-urey came along.

22. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

Yeah right. James, don't ban him for advertising his blog, ban him for something substantial, please.

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The most likely reason for a ban will be intellectual dishonesty.

He continually lies about science and particular scientific theories, and this is looking more and more like it is not just stupidity but a deliberate attempt to mislead people. Moreover, it appears to me that OIM knows that certain facts are true but is still willing to argue against them, which really is the height of dishonesty and bad motive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.