Forced Faith? Forced Atheism? The Test!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 9, 2011.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Ok then talk about my test and my experiment if not get out of my thread then, there is that how you want me to act? or do you want me to answer what you ask me and debate in a civil manner?

I could happily tell you to stay on point or get lost but i havent have i.

So we can continue our train of thought about creating new things or we can go back to the actual test and you can tell me your results.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. birch Valued Senior Member

it's clear to anyone sane that you are being evasive though you are pinning it on me.

the only reason you are asking for these strenuously unrealistic so-called 'novel' creations is to diminish the knowledge or understanding in other works or texts besides your favored 'QURAN'. by taking the focus off of that, you are hoping that your standards will not be used to measure that book.

i know the game your playing so don't try it on me. so i ask you, what is so original about the quran that is also not inspired in some way by life??

what devious and dishonest minds fundamentalists have.

i think now that it is true that fundamentalists and that religion is mostly of very corrupt people. you have to be to be this way.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

you know one day, they really should round up fundamentalists and put them in the looney bin.

how dare you walk around with the priviledge of the label 'normal' when there are people who are more sane labeled with some disorder by the psychiatric community.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Well sorry to dissapoint you but that's not going to happen, You atheists are the minority why dont you go build atheist island and you can all worship your false idols of money greed and sexual sluttyness together.

Atheist island where anything is your god. sound good?

Go create it your free to cut yourself off from the rest of the religious world you know. you dont have to live in a christian country or a islamic country go make your own country then and you can raise little atheist babies who all believe life ends at death and you can all sing songs about how sexy some slut is.

Jajaja

8. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/high-iq-linked-political-and-sexual-behavior-study-shows

9. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

I very much doubt that, the only way an atheist becomes a believer is through a serious trauma in there lives, if you insist you were an atheist, then what was the trauma.
    The test is impossible for an atheist, but for a theist it is extremely easy, they only have to start thinking rationally.
    There isn't any faith for an atheist it isn't a believe, but I agree it is impossible to change without a serious trauma. but as I said it is extremely easy for the theist.

Oh by the way I'm not an atheist, I'm a humanist, I do not accept the negative label thrust on me by theism. Atheist is not something I am, it is something I am from a theist perspective, it say nothing about what I am, only what I am not.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  10. gmilam Valued Senior Member

We may actually be in agreement on this one. I don't think people can "choose" what to believe. Personally, I try to avoid beliefs. I either know or don't know. (Or, at least, "believe" I know.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

11. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

psst!! he works for the illuminati, his job is to sabotage.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

jan.

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

EmptyForceOfChi,

I don't think it's possible.
    At least I know I can't do it.

The idea that belief is based on say so, or environment
    is seriously challenged here.

jan.

13. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

chi..it is good to have you back..

the OP question is not fair,

to me it would be much easier for a believer to fake non-belief than it is for a non-believer to fake belief.

i want to elaborate on this but whatever i put has its exceptions..
    believers have a better motivation?
    believers tend to be seekers of wisdom?

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It would be. If that was ever the claim.

15. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

your point?

jan.

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

How is it possible to ''avoid beliefs''?

jan.

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

That you're erecting a strawman.
    There's nothing being "seriously challenged" since there never was the "idea that belief is based on say so".

18. gmilam Valued Senior Member

By seeking those with knowledge?

19. birch Valued Senior Member

it's strange how theists consistently are the ones who are the least wise.

this is rather backwards.

belief implies a closed system which is why 'believers' resort to 'belief' rather than seeking wisdom.

also, faking belief is not the same as really believing. it would be just as easy for a non-believer to fake a belief if they had to.

the op is not asking to fake anything. it's asking if you can convince yourself which is actually rather stupid and not as enlightening as he thinks.

it's not much different than asking someone if they dislike chocolate flavored ice cream to convince themselves they do. well, they don't so it's a moot point. either they would be faking it or they are lying to themselves either way.

this thread doesn't even need to exist to know this which is why atheists and theists exist.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  20. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

there is a difference between knowledge and wisdom..
    knowledge has proof, wisdom has testimonies..
    when it comes to God, those two often get confused,

(ideally)
    atheist chase after knowledge and dismiss wisdom as unproven,
    theist chase after wisdom as it were proof of God,
    maybe this is why atheist dismiss wisdom, because of its association with God :shrug:

atheist would rather contemplate the known,
    theist the unknown,

21. birch Valued Senior Member

how utterly ridiculous. there is a lot of wisdom which has no reference to god.

that's not chasing wisdom, that's already attributing everything to the concept of god.

this is also incorrect which is why there are so many hypothesis and theories even in the scientific community. a current one is a multiverse hypothesis.

that said, there are people who are more narrow among theists and atheists.

22. gmilam Valued Senior Member

I would disagree. I think wisdom is totally separate from knowledge or belief. Wisdom is the application of experience.

23. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

thats what i was saying, wisdom and knowledge are different, separate..

and birch..don't read too much into that..i think i was in a 'mode' when i wrote that..more poetic than anything..