First Race-Specific Medication

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by J.B, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Buckaroo Banzai Mentat Registered Senior Member

I'm not a race denier (nor some supporter that we got almost distinct human species) but that is not odd or incoherent. No one, even between the more radical race deniers says that if you just shuffle a lot of people of several "so called so called races", and their name or any other clue of their country of recent ancestry is not given, anyone would not be capable of sorting people according to race again, if trying, the group would have a more or less random mix of people of different races/recent countries of recent ancestry. So it's not illogical to say that there are racial prison population disparities, which, they can defend, is not due to some biological behavioral difference intrinsic to a race, but due to societal differences and prejudice.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. D'ster Registered Senior Member

African-Americans were 30 percent more likely to die of heart disease than whites when differences in age distributions were taken into account.

http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2001pres/20011119a.html

Zoo officials have said one of the leading causes of death among adult male gorillas is heart disease.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,202030,00.html

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buckaroo Banzai Mentat Registered Senior Member

differences such as, diet, health care, sport practice, etc, are taken into account?

If the apparent commonality in this issue of heart disease between African-Americans and gorillas in zoo(s) is an attempt to suggest that Africans are considerably more ape-like than non-African Americans, this is as weak as it could be. It is at least as weak as saying that whites are more ape-like by being more furry, perhaps weaker.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. D'ster Registered Senior Member

For who Apes or African Americans?
    I would like to see if this drug that only works on saving blacks lives would work on saving Apes lives too.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

How is your statement about apes linked to your statements about black people, D'ster?

9. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Health differences between races are possibly due to cultural differences, as we can reproduce with each other. However, it may be for some other reason, since the same variations appear in dog breeds. There's no way that any human race is a direct descendant of gorrillas or any of trhe great apes. Alla of the great apes have longer arms than legs. Ours is the reverse. It would take many evolutions for this transition to take place.

10. D'ster Registered Senior Member

They both suffer from very high rates of heart disease.

11. D'ster Registered Senior Member

Yes it would.

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Is that all?

For a moment there, I thought you were making a racist comparison.

13. chuck u farley Registered Senior Member

But very little hope that you will ever be able to learn anything.

That's clearly evident to anyone who reads your posts.

14. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

People, do some genetic research, and read a history book. IN fact just take a college level genetics and history class.

Race was invented. It's just the caste system all over again. You see the same BS in every country. Race is a mind control experiment. Are tall thin people going to be the next new race? JB are you tall, thin and blonde? Most likely not, so you are going to be the new black someday.

The point is, race is an invented tool, and this "race" based medicine is a joke. The medicine is as likely to work on a white as on a black because unless it's a skin medication I highly doubt there is any way the medicine can know the genetic differences between appearances. There is more genetic differences between a tall black basketball player and a short black fat bald guy than there is between a short white bald guy and a short black bald guy. So does the medicine know these differences?

There are more differences between the mind/brains of people within the same race, as one person could be bipolar, the next could be a psychopath, the next could be autistic. Are we going to call these people all seperate races because they have abnormal genes?

What about greedy selfish people and selfless people, are we going to credit medicines to make people selfish? Genetic medicine based on race is ridiculously silly because it only relies on the genes which control appearance, and your appearance does not reveal what type of human you are. Do you think the predator type in jail is the same type of human as you just because you look like twins?

JB, will you say that Charles Manson is of your kind? Do you really believe in race so seriously that you'll release serial killers from prison and accept them into your family? Otherwise you are just a typical racist who does not really believe in the concept of race except when it seperates white from black. Trust me, if there are races, it's a lot more complicated than black and white. You have to understand that most black people in America are not pure African anymore, and have been here for 500 or more years. They arent the same race anymore as they have mixed with whites, native americans, and others. Your ancestors might be mixed too, there was a time when Egypt was running the world, and there were jews there, white jews, and you might have both a jewish and Egyptian ancestor. I'm not saying I know for a fact that you do, but these people from back then were mixing a lot more than we do now, how do you think we have white people with brown hair and brown eyes? The only way races would be real, is if you are talking about African royalty where people are still pure or at least appear that way, and the British royal family, and only if they have been inbreeding for centuries and checking the backrounds of everyone so they can trace all the way back.

Thats frankling scientifically impossible. It is impossible to trace all the way back on someones genetic line. Basically the theory is, that all humans are the same race, from somewhere in Africa, and that through adaptions to the different environments, they developed different looks .This does not mean they are a different species, thats about the most ridiculous thing that I've read even from a racist. At most there might be different breeds, but there are different breeds within your race moreso than between the 3 coe races of Asian, White, Black. There is more diversity within your own race than there is between them, and the reason is, if you look at each race, you see the same personality types and characters in each race. You see the jerk in all of them, the racist in all of them, the pedophile in all of them, the serial killer in all of them, and while some races might be better at it, or get caught more, these people exist in all races and always have because thats how it is. You also have musicians and artists of all kinds in all races, you have scientists, math, and physics in all the races. Until you can show me a clear difference in personality traits between the races, I'm sorry but I don't believe race is real. You have to show me for a fact that it is by showing me a personality trait that a certain race has that none of the others have. I have yet to meet a person with a racially unique trait. I've seen the black thief and the white thief working together side by side, while the cops are busy trying to catch them both, and I've seen the black and white racists working side by side to build up the idea and concept of race. I also see blacks and whites working together to remove the concept.

15. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

African-Americans were 30 percent more likely to die of heart disease than whites when differences in age distributions we

Yeah, ok, the same people who built America as slaves and who built pyramids, are now dying of heart disease? Have you checked the food?

Heart disease is not a gene, it's caused by eating habits. In this country Asians are dying of heart disease and diabetes too. It's definately not racial when heart disease is the #2 killer in America next to cancer.

About the prison population, prison populations only reveal the stupid criminals, the ones who got caught. The smart criminals are above the law and can't go to prison. If we look at the prison population of serial killers, white males lead the pack, should we apply stereotypes and say all white males are serial killers? Do you see how stupid this is?

16. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Raced based medicine and race specific illnesses like Tay Sachs and Sickle Cell Amenia is just further proof that race does not exist.

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

count sudoku? any relation to pi? sock puppet perhaps?

18. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Nope.

19. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

The only thing race based medicine will do is create genetic discrimination. In the future if humans survive, we all will choose our race and will all be one race anyway. So the next discrimination will be genetic because these idiots are bringing religion into medicine.

I'm a religious person, but I know that concepts like race have no business in medicine. If you want alternative medicine go to an alternative doctor and get your "race" based medicine.

20. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Raced based medicine and race specific illnesses like Tay Sachs and Sickle Cell Amenia is just further proof that race does not exist.

Race does not, inbreeding does. There are royal families with diseases that exist among them that arent popular in your family. If you inbreed, you pass on diseases.

21. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Let's be simple for a moment. Race is a result of inbreeding, it's the result of sleeping with your cousin, and if you do this for thousands of years, your diseases will stay in your bloodline and will not be genetically washed out. This is not evidence that there are "races", it just means that people who have certain diseases have inbreeding. Look, a lot of us have diseases due to inbreeding, but in America a lot of us are of mixed races. You have french who mixed with german and irish and somehow they are all considered the same race when they are genetically diverse, but then you have whites who mixed with native americans making them even more genetically diverse, and finally you have the white black native american mixes, which are the most genetically diverse. The more genetic diversity you have in your gene pool, the stronger your genes are, and the less likely you are to have "race" specific diseases. This is why diversity is important, it's the only way to cure your family of genetic disease traits. This is why it's IMPORTANT to keep genetic diversiy strong, it makes your "race" stronger if you want to believe in races so badly, and it definately makes the human gene pool stronger and evolve faster.

An example, blacks are more immune to skin cancer, you might not like how dark skin looks, but if you have skin cancer in your family, you'd be wise to mate with someone of darker skin just to cure you of that trait. If you come from a family of weak atheletes, and you mate with an atheletic black person, chances are it will make your gene pool better. It's not about how the person looks, it's about their individual qualities. They might not look how you want, but their genes are valueable. The reason we have diseases in the first place is because we choose to mate with people who are too genetically like us, and thats the problem.

Race based medicine assumes that everyone is in neat little racialized boxes based on appearance and skin, as if you can just look at someone and know exactly what their genes are. It's always more complex than this. I know the racist point of view, racist whites and blacks both hate gene mixing, and both like the idea of inbreeding, but the problem is, if you don't open up your gene pool then whatever diseases that plague your family will stay, and perhaps race based medicine will likely work on you, but that does not mean it will work on the people who come from different places or who have all different genetic lines, because then no one really knows which genetic line they got and you cannot just look at how they look on the outside to know which combination of genes they have. If you think it's that simple then you are just ignorant.

22. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

If humans want to survive, it might be smarter to diversify so if a fatal race based disease comes about at least some humans will survive. I don't think these medicines were made by racists or racial supremacists of any kind, they were made to help people.

23. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

If race doesn't exist, why does sickles cell amenia only affect Blacks? Does the sickle cell have some sort of intelligence that allows it to detect and only attack Black people?