Femininity and schitzophrenia

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Xev, Feb 22, 2004.

1. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Xev, your sarcasm and resentment belies your youth and inexperience. About ten years ago I wasted a good six months of my life trying to worship your current set of demi-gods, and finally came to the conclusion that Kant and Nietzche were just as fucked up as everybody else, and I buried them. My life has been immeasurably better ever since.

When I need to re-fill my gas tank, I do something that's completely free and worth more than anything you can find in any book. I drive the two hour drive back to my hometown and spend the day with a five year old, and a seven year old. A few hours with Emmy and Lucy and I am immediately reminded of what really matters in this world. Yes. It's that simple. My sisters children are more important to me than anything else that I have. Now imagine how important my own children will be if I am so blessed?

So flame away, and tell me that I'm inferior, like you did with Scramble, and Lucy, and Wes, but remember, the harder you try to prove to everyone on this forum that you're superior because you keep your head buried in books written by old, dead men, the harder I will be chuckling to myself and thinking that one day you're going to look back on all of this and be really embarassed at your behavior.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

15ofthe19:
    Your personal life doesn't interest me, and your attempt to characterize me as some pallid academic who thinks only of her ideas is ludicrious. You know nothing of my own personal life. It's also an example of the fallacy known as "ad hominem".
    (I'd add that a man who attempts to make "buddies" over the internet ought not to question whether other people's lives are pathetic, when it's obvious how limited his own is)

I shall be absolutely clear so that one of your limited intelligence may understand:
    I am not advocating social change. If I used language indicative of coercion, so what? I don't want social change - since we cannot have a permanent slave class, we need the "sheep" to fulfill the function of one
    What I am interested in is the difference between attributes and things-in-themselves.

We see the attributes of a thing. We label them as X and Y. We thus fancy that we've penetrated to the essence of the thing. "Femininity" is one such thing, but there's a lot here to mine. I could go anywhere and everywhere with this.

I'll put it another way: thinking is like sex. If you screw someone, and all you're trying to do is come, you won't have much fun. You'll have five minutes of pleasure when you come and then it's over.
    But if you see sex itself as pleasurable, you just experiment with finding what you enjoy. Orgasm just the "cherry" and the feeling lasts all day.
    Same with thinking. You start out from a problem - the conclusion isn't half as important as the way you address the problem and what you find by the way. Like sex - sometimes you don't even reach orgasm, sometimes you do several times. It's fun as an experience, not as an end. That's thought. That's sex. That's the good life right there, the featherbed element.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

I didn't mean to get you so worked up again. Sorry if you took as an ad hom(I still think that sounds like yiddish for turkey sandwich

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, but anyway) but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. You've admitted that you have a need for conflict. Funny thing is Xev, this isn't conflict. Flaming me, or anyone else for that matter, is not real conflict. It's cyber-bullshit. That's all.

The snow is melting away, and the sun is out, and the greenway is calling my name. Oh, sorry, I forgot you don't give a shit.

Have a great day Xev, whatever that means in your world.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

I think it a shame that Dr. Lou's posts have not been replied to, it seems to me he makes some intriguing points.

Xev,
    While I agree to some extent that femininity, with respect to the human female, seems divergent from the "natural" state of the female-- as you put it, I think that one, the current notions of feminity, are relatively (with respect to human history), closer to the masculine--excepting the start, and two, a natural state for humans must only rely on human behaviour in its characterization. We are not lions(sea or land), nor are we hyenas. We are humans, and our social evolution has taken paths inherently different from other animals.

While it is true that there was a time when the human female was generally physically stronger, perhaps more agressive and that these characteristics were accepted and even expected, I think those behaviours were simply in response to their environmental challenges-- one must simply look to the less technologically/econolmically developed/advanced portions of the earth, or project backwards to the stone ages. However, although more physical and agressive, the human female was nevertheless caring, protective of their children, etc. She may not have been burdened with looking more demure, or as you put it, "...tried desperately to be coy and demure. The horror was in being thought easy. The current ideal is the liberated (i.e sexually) woman who is bold and has no hang-ups. The horror is in being thought a prude. One must always be up with the fashion of being. ...Watch your diet, flatten your tummy,...", but that is simply because social evolution, coupled with natural evolution, had not taken the female, and the male-- let's not forget the male, along these paths.

We must foremost, above all things, start with the obvious: there are two genders, male and female. An in human society, as in all animal societies, roles are subdivided along gender lines. This peculiar way of being is even more pronounced in humans societies-- as the family is the most fundamnetal unit. The female takes care of the children and the male seeks to provide. It is a simplistic way of looking at the human social unit, but it is quite true. With those two genral roles in place, the human evolved into a male centered society-- as he was the provider, etc... and the female evolved into a creature that although sharing some charecteristics with her animal counterparts, is less physical, aggressive, because those sides of her were unneeded by society, and thus suppressed. It is a natural evolutionary pattern precipitated by a social evolution. It is natural in that, it how we as humans evolved. It is not a myth, as it part of our evolution. It is fine that as a female, you hate the symbols of feminism that society ask that you strive to attain; it is however incorrect for you somehow classify it a myth or somehow unnatural, because it is neither. Finally, there is no competition.

8. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

Oh dear Xev, your comment does nothing but portray your narrow mindset. Way to pigeonhole dumbass.

Ok, the "for fucks sake" was a bit final, but the "just be" rests.

I was curious enough to read the thread, but by the time I had, everything important had already been said, so I was stating my personal conclusion, being "just be" ie just be yourself, the self that you are most comfortable with, the roles which you feel you want to play. Curl or dont curl.

A superior mind does not necessarily equal a superior existance or a superior life experience. You like to read about life (see pigeonholing's fun, isn't it?), that's super. I prefer to learn about it through interaction with real people, making mistakes and having fun.
    Y'know, fun?

But anyways, Hijacking this thread was never my intention so, like, whatever.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2004
  9. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Scramble:
    Suck cock, will you?

You experience life with what, then? The liver? Kindneys? Your underwear?

Methinks you're smarting.

Fountainhed:
    I'm sure you realize that humanity is a story of always going against nature, yes? No one here is saying that its only just females being subjected to this, as you'd have it up there in that little post of yours.

Try and think of gender as a state of mind- sexuality is governed by inescapable bilogical fact, we know this, but gender is something as flexible as dildos.
    Consider: the size of the male body has always been an excuse for why Gendanken should never be on a construction site or in a junkyard hauling tons of material, yes? She's too small and frail (as if)

But nowadays when its down to buttons and powerdrills doing everything for you ............those gender 'roles' are looking a bit silly, yes?

I'm looking at the more "technologically/econolmically developed/advanced portions of the earth,"...and can you see how its showing even the supposed male role to be mythical?
    I could build a house all on my own without breaking a nail now.

Xev:
    Was looking over this thread today and realized you asked this question and GOOD FUCKING LORD- have you any clue how long I've spent trying to drill into these pukes my theory of 'self' being a myth? Blamed the concept on language and its loyalty to its creator- the brain.

But nooooo- Gendanken gets labeled an assdripping bullshitter spinning up yards upon yards of bullshit with nothing to go on. Like, *flips hair* whatever.

Certainly. All the why's and how's and when's you give them are never enough until you finally shut the fuck up and all the reasons for why you are show up all on their own like egg on their face.

Tell me that's not wonderful and I'll shoot you.

YES!!

All alone there's a heightened sense of richness- a wealth in color, thoughts, feelings, senses- why does no one understand this? Everything transcends everthing so naturally and I bet, fucking bet that my solititude has felt like what a hit of cocaine supposedly feels like.

One yearns to share this eventually as I am and I doubt anyone is immune to the chill of loneliness- but this sense of 'being' that is so beautiful and real when alone makes all past mistakes and uncertainty of what you are worth it. This, to me, is what you evetually share with those feeling the same.

(Aside: since you've used a medical condition to describe something- just so happened to see "Monster" on Friday and another one hit me: Catatonia)

Wes:
    *bittersweet cringing*

Damn it, Wes. That was a low blow- you know better than try to sway Gendaken with your beautiful children.

Have you any idea why it is adults admire children? Look how they look at them on the playground and nurseries- with nostalgia.
    They give the same look to animals.

A child has so much will in that one pinky of his he puts Napoleon to shame.
    One never speaks of motivating a child to do anything- he's inquisitive by nature. She throws shit on the floor over and over and over and over again to feed that nature in her that's the inspiration behind creativity.
    And what happens to it? All that animalistic will you see in her eyes, Wessy?
    As soon as roles and social construsts become stuffed down her throat when puberty hits if not sooner PRESTO- its wiped out.
    That nature never dies- its taken away or robbed by experience. That's why they're nostalgic.

She will be educated as if she were equal and so promised equality- but given time and experience........is it any wonder she will end up disillusioned?

10. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

No thanks.

Alright, I got drunk and picked a fight. I shouldn't have posted my original post when I really had nothing useful to contribute to the topic. Doesn't it suck when people do that?

sorry Xev.
    sorry Gendy.
    sorry y'all.

11. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Scramble:
    Good.

Now get the fuck out of here before getting stabbed with a tampon.

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

gendanken:
    I'd say sexuality is flexible as dildos too, encompasses everyone from nymphomaniac lesbians to repressed Catholics who masturbate while watching "The Passion".
    Gender is fairly fixed, besides chromosomal abnormalities - but what does it mean that I'm female? I bear live young. I produce milk.

All the social bullshit - I'm supposed to be demure and submissive - is rooted in the fact that I bear children, but it's just an independant consequence.

Because women are crippled by childbearing and rearing, in a state of nature they're at a disadvantage. "Femininity" is the outgrowth of this power imbalence.

We're females in a state of nature. This weakness is why we are expected to be feminine females socially. To be sure, the setup has benefitted both genders - while she is at a loss in terms of power, the myth of "love" has benefitted her. Instead of "do not hurt me, you would be wrong to do so" she says "protect me from the others, I am lovable and soft"
    Clever really.

No, I think they're just really really stupid.

It's beautiful. I outgrow my own need to justify myself.

Even better.
    Other people become like ants - you just watch everything and everything's alive. Wonderful.

Man is born alone and he dies alone. To be simplistic, you either get used to it or you scramble for unfulfilling interactions with people who mean nothing. Share? I haven't believed in the possibility of that sharing for some time.

fountainhed:
    They have been replied to.

Well you know....
    Of course it's divergent from the natural state. They don't drop like flies in childbirth. All human lives these days are divergent from the natural state - and I should think that part of being human is not having a natural state.

Precisely as I was saying to gendanken. It is this origional burden of having to bear young that places her in an inferior role (nowadays)

Nein.
    It has nothing to do with provision and everything to do with his ability to kill, maim or rape anyone who challenged that place. It all comes down to the fact that she is weak and dependant, and has little to nothing to do with cushy ideas about provision.

It is a myth, not because it is nonexistent, but because it is an attempt to control and explain certain "mysteries" of human behavior.
    Paul Revere's ride is a myth, but it happened. I'm sorry - often I forget that I'm writing for an audience and don't choose the right words. Like I say love is a myth, but obviously it exists - it's just that as a construction and ideal it serves the function of a myth.

I don't hate them - some, like eye-liner and lacy braisseres, I indulge in. I do, however, treat them with skepticism. For that matter, I'm skeptical enough of a lot of what "masculinity" is - but I'm not male, so it's out of my range of experience.

Unnatural - well, I'll give you that. Anything occuring in nature is "natural".

scramble:
    Wow, even your insults are secondhand. 15ofthe19 already made that charactrization...at least, like, show some creativity. Call me fat or something.

Posted 2:33am on a Friday night. You were getting drunk and posting on internet forums.
    I was stargazing and listening to Dissident and Odin's Law.
    You know, fun?

13. ScRaMbLe Chaos Inc. Registered Senior Member

*shakes head slowly*
    *sighs*
    *puts gloves back on*

Um... STILL drunk and just before bed, yes...

*hangs head in shame, I shoulda been out picking up chicks and watching MTV*

Wow, there's fun, for about 30 mins. I guess if your brain moves at the same speed as the stars appear to do to the human eye, you could spend all night doing it...

*Backs away slowly*

BTW why was my email notification for responses to this thread not working? still got notification for other threads... Hmmm...

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  14. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Xev:
    Negetive. Not if we're both conceptualizing both terms the same way.

Sexuality is the primal urge that is universal- regardless of how we find it expressed.
    Gender would be the roles we humans use to harness the natural insinct in both sexes- and by doing so dictate what each sex should be.

And so sexuality would be fixed since its an absolute, carnal truth regardless of method whereas in my book gender is vulnerable to the state of mind and easily corrupted since its only external.
    Sexuality is internal, and therefore not as flexible as dildos. Therefore:

I'll agree on that if you realize I see sexuality as the internal 'flaw' that makes me a softy at times (meh) despite myself- and the only women I've seen lacking this flaw have been butch. The funny thing is though that I don't idenntify this flaw in me as sexual, as I feel I'm missing some sexual module- among others- that most humans have. Its not mental either- its something....genetically inescapable.

Men seem to be the only ones that can distance themselves from this 'flaw' and thus seperate emotions from their behavior.
    She, however, is genetically disposed to be weak - its in the face, her frame, her voice and not just the act of childrearing that reinforce in that pretty little head of hers that she's one to be protected.
    I picture a landscape tens of thousands of years ago peopled with Cro Magnum savages and despite how bestial both men and women would look, anyone here would be able to pick out the weaker one just by looking.

Infuckingdeedy. Incredibly clever.

Something Freddy said about women only existing so that men would feel clumsy and guilty around their weakness and so move to protect them as if it were written law. HA!

Hear, hear....

I'm not flaunting this, but it amazes me how someone can be sitting right next to you- your arms and thighs are touching and the skin gets all sticky eventually, that close- and still manage to feel like furniture to me despite the outward appearance that we're both being incredibly social.

Yes, share. Don't get me wrong- I don't give a shit if gendanken ends up the only person at her funeral, but sharing enhances all the world's beauty, anger, hate, gore and sexuality.
    And besides, its nice knowing you're not the only that's fucked for a change.

Scramble:
    You haven't figured it out because you brain moves, and I quote, "...... at the same speed as the stars appear to do to the human eye"

15. Xev Registered Senior Member

gendanken:
    We're not. You're a doodyhead.

Okay - I definitely agree with what you're saying, the sex urge is innate. But how we deal with it isn't, that's where you get constructed forms of sexuality.
    But you're right, it's just semantics.

Okay, but then you have to seperate biological gender from social gender. So...like, my libido and my being a woman, that's innate. How I construct myself, how I interpret myself as a woman, that's gender.

The only people whom sex doesn't make weak are asexuals or sadists. Damn lucky bastards. Imagine what it'd be like to not feel heat - or to be completely indifferent to the person you were fucking. Absolute paradise.

Could be just as well that few "move" you. I know that.

I went through most of my teenage years feeling like I'm just, a bit badly wired. Not *quite* human. I stopped thinking that, but I was probably right the whole time. I say it's effort to be feminine, but it's just acting human and the way humans are supposed to be that becomes so wearying

It's like - I enjoy human contact, fairly well among those who are fairly *there*. But even that gets tiring, like I'm missing some sort of module that allows me to see people the way I'm supposed to. Like this femininity thing - it's treated like I'm making some social objection to it, but truth be told I'm absolute fucking cold to it. I'm not rebelling against it, I just don't possess a drop of it and I'm interested in what it is. I'm so goddamned hot, like my synapses are on fire when it comes to concepts - but most people I'm just fucking ice for. Nothing so prosaic as being analytical and not emotional, spent a good couple hours last night sobbing into my pillow see - I'm passionate as hell but rarely for people.

There's this aspiring novelist from the 19th century named Emilie Mataja:

"I have no heart, I'll never love with my heart, perhaps never even with my senses. But my imagination is a wildly seething thing that swims in raging waters, always bubbling, hissing, wild and restless, and he spoke to my imagination."

Oh hell yeah.
    I have a heart. It pumps blood. I feel with my brain. I want to fuck with my brain. Missing a module? Perfect way of putting it.

I actually think that's a myth designed to explain the fact that they don't feel that strongly.

That isn't a criticism.

No don't you see -
    It's that which puts that in her face, her frame and her voice.

But how does that construction serve society?
    Goes back to "femininity".

Or they pour their heart out and you're just indifferent. Yup.
    It's so bloody difficult when you have to sit there pretending you care. Other problem - when *you're* hurt and they're trying to be concerned, you don't give a shit but you have to deal with their concern. Example - couple weeks ago I was in a car accident. Day after I go to work and I look like shit, big fucking bruise on my forehead, black eye - "oh my god are you okay you're so lucky to be alive...".
    One of the reasons I so appreciate men. At least when they offer to hug you they try to cop a feel.

But think of the price involved. All that yakking in spite of having full knowledge that they'll reject you eventually, all that effort, all that feeling like a damned fool because you know the end and do it anyway. Bloody annoying.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  16. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

*Xev*

Quote:I feel with my brain

Sorry to interrupt but how can you 'feel' with your brain? I understand what you mean by having your imagination set on fire, but feel with the brain? Feelings reside in the body. The brain, or mind, is cold to feeling, it is an interpreter, a recorder and a creater but it 'feels' nothing.

17. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

LucySnow:
    Jinx the apologies, lass. I've been wanting you to show up here for a while. Now step to!

Oh? Only a cold, distant interpreter, huh?

You wouldn't rob a paraplegic her orgasms would you?

http://www.dpa.org.sg/DPA/publication/hdjf96/p55.htm

I've just spent considerable time trolling the interent in trying to find a paralysed woman describing the process for you- no luck. But its out out there- described as far more intense post-trauma since she's forced to realize how far more integral her mind is to the experience. She can think herself into bliss, partner or no partner.

And I guess this is what I'm missing- some element essential in translating the visual to the physical, the mental to biological. I've never masturbated. Ever.

Xev:
    Yo momma.

Allright. And now lets narrow it further down with:
    .........being the whole point of this thread and what I'm weaseling after- the social gender. The things that just by their frailty degrade an animal down to a lovey dove baroque version of bullshit.

I know it, I know it, I know it.
    Enter sterile, and leave sterile? Yup. Impossible.

No matter the effort put into a discipline, no matter the mask, trade, or belief systems you always come bouncing back not out of need but out of some internal code or program that keeps you playing with fire.

Indifference to what's said.
    To what's thought.
    How its thought.
    Why.
    And who's to be held responsible for that thinking....make it all as insignifant as the roach on the wall when those involved 'mean' something to you- that's what's impossible. Only way, shit you not, is Capgras Syndrome.

Remember me saying in your Political thread something about me wanting to smash the amygdala with a chainsaw- or something as nice? Therein lies the bloody culprit.

However, I have met a few asexuals- and they put me to shame. I've always thought I was one until recently, but these reptilian few I'm talking about have always been female, but butch.

YES!!

Don't know if you know, but I've been calling it 'noise'.

You lay awake for hours with your mind ablaze, worlds away just thinking? Yes.
    Numbers and theories run by there, colors, thougths and images.
    Personal mottos, maxims, ideas.
    Concepts.

I will say it again:

" What you just said applies to Bobs and Bibbettes because their fantasies are selfless and hollow, and this is precicely why they're fanstasies. My reality is so selfish and far more human than saints claim to be- its like a gift to both me and humanity.........."- gendanken

Far.More.Human.Than.Most. Period.
    I'm like a small fire in an ice cube, but the problem lies in others not believing the concept is even possible. Strange little hybrid indeed, gendanken, that you are.

Allow me then.

Criticism: Men can disconnect from their emotions becuase for every module that I lack in my humanity, there are two lacking in them that allows them to disconnect, apparently, so easily. This makes him a cheap household appliance.

Not all of course.

Labor?
    Don't think so.

Indifference is always easy to those who mean nothing.

But having to deal with their sympathy anyway? So true- now picture gendanken punching out the other eye so that you'd at least match.

Sit back and crack jokes.
    Stare at me.
    Or just act like I'm not even there- DON'T come at me with sob stories of I-know-how-you-feel-darlings and are-you-ok garbage knowing full well we've never even SPOKEN before.

Rememeber what I said about the neighborhood simply fucking insisting to butt in your business?

All this sappy artifice is a directly related to chronic, burgoise breeding. Can't stand it.

No.Shit.

Not that I care one way or the other for the act of rejection- if anything I'm the one playing that card.

I just notice that however cold, distant, harsh, or stoic I seem to the real world..... I seek out even its subsititute, in this case the cleanest. We are doing the same things here that monks do- in fact, had a thread on that a while ago about this place, if taken seriously, resembling a monastery.

There's a simple biological formula behind my showing up here- and its not loneliness nor is it sexual, I'll leave the latter to those miserable whelps who simply insist on correlating this place to a cybercafe. They know who they are.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

*Gendy*

But just because someone is disabled doesn't mean that their body is without feeling. I know the mind is a very important component to sexuality but the 'feeling' must still reside in the body. I am going to snoop around a little and see if I can find out some more information about the sensation of sexual bliss and the body/mind. This should be interesting.

Quote:And I guess this is what I'm missing- some element essential in translating the visual to the physical, the mental to biological. I've never masturbated. Ever

But yet you feel sexual bliss? I know I can recall sexual bliss where the thought of an encounter will have a direct physical effect, sometimes the feeling is more intense than the actual encounter itself, but the sensation I feel ripples around my body. Where exactly is the experience, the sensation if it is not in the body? I mean where is it? I bet this is a difficult to describe but if anyone can do it you can.

19. WANDERER Banned Banned

gendanken
    Funny how we emulate what we admire.

And all of them mean nothing if they are not shared, if they are not given with no expectation of a return.

Some may not believe it is possible and then there are some that don’t want to just take your word on it. They need proof.

Not easily, never easily.
    Men are forced to disconnect. They play the part they were given and often cry alone so that their weakness does not show.

Why so miffed? Play the game, reciprocate in kind and keep your eyes open for the genuine knowing that the odds are you will never find it.
    How many win the lottery?

Miserable? Maybe.
    Whelp? Hardly.
    I think you must be thinking of someone else.
    He was a nice puppy.

Humans are quit simple animals really; a few drives push them here and pull them there. What becomes complicated is figuring out the power each drive has within them and trying to brush away all the smoke-screens and bullshit they use to hide behind.
    Oh, they like to pretend they are more than just animals or that they have risen above the mud, but watching them, as I have, over the years, is like watching a documentary on Chimps. All that hooting and hollering and creating a ruckus and underneath it all a basic need pulling the strings.
    By the way everything is sexual…..everything!
    Or is it that way only for me?!
    Hmmmmm…………………………

20. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

*Gendy*

Quote:Enter sterile, and leave sterile? Yup. Impossible.

We speak of sex right? Well its not impossible to find pleasure in someone sexually without having deep feelings for them, and leave without regret, etc.,

Outside of not contracting a sexual disease what do you mean by 'sterile'?

This is only an issue or a problem if you looked upon the person as more than just a fuck. More than just a momentary vehicle of shared bliss. Women confuse sex with other things but only because they are not honest about what they really want or what they expected. You know the type, they enter the boudoir thinking, "This guy is going to be turned out! He will crave more from me." Nope, not necessarily. That trap will catch a chick every time!

Quote: No matter the effort put into a discipline, no matter the mask, trade, or belief systems you always come bouncing back not out of need but out of some internal code or program that keeps you playing with fire.

Sometimes one must detach no matter how they feel. It takes practise but once honed it becomes second nature unless of course one becomes addicted to burning.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2004
  21. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

*Wanderer*

Ah Wanderer, I thought you stated in the monogamy thread that everything in fact was not sexual? What's the story?

It's a guy thing. (smiles) I just love men; they are soft when hard and hard when soft.

22. WANDERER Banned Banned

I did?!
    Where?
    I was making the point that sex in not everything but only a piece of intimacy. An impoprtant piece but not enough when that is all there is.
    I've made the distinction between 'making love' and 'fucking'.

Hey, was that last crack about ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ a reference to my penis?
    How dare you?!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

gendanken:
    Fuck me, I lost my reply so here's the gist of it:

But you can't take femininity as just a social construct. Here's where it comes from:

In nature, a woman is at a disadvantage because she is consumed by her reproductive abilitys. Pregnency is debilitating for months, if she survives, she's got a completely helpless child to care for. This forces her to be more dependant on the group - and powerlessness, once sensed, is exploited. Society evolves and she's pushed into the margins, consumed by it because it's so much fucking harder for her to survive on her own. Knowing that weakness, the group further binds her - she's dependant on and vulnerable to (because she's not as effectively strong) others.

Femininity springs as a coping mechanism. How the fuck can she live? By manipulating the value systems of the herd. Some are forced upon her, like submissiveness and reified weakness, others she twists and uses against the group.

Because she's dependant on society, she becomes hyper-social. Because she's dependant on men, she forms a fanatical emphasis on being attractive. She knows that however much the group may despise her, it needs her - not only for her reproductive abilities but increasingly for her domestic abilities. She knows the weakness inherent in love and thus becomes able to use love as a weapon. She knows the group needs her, she becomes a carrier of it's values. You ever read about those Chinese women who'd cripple their daughters, indifferent to the girl's crying? There you go. (It's not entirely a bad thing - the Christians burned women in large numbers in part because those women were still carrying noble, Pagan "memes") She becomes enforcer - and eternal rebel, because the group will never be under her control and will always be somewhat hostile to her. In short, she's feminine. All of the things that cripple her, are romanticised. She can use this, but so long as she uses it she's a slave to it. Humans will take power by any means - most women are not noble enough to reject this, and until now those who were could never have survived.

Femininity evolves with society. Eventually society realizes that the "eternal feminine" is luring it towards it's perfection of a complete herd-mind and the despised enforcer becomes the new ideal.

You're arctic like me. I put it:

Lucysnow:

For some people. For others: sex, being mental, requires attraction that's more than physical.
    Where does sexual bliss reside?
    "Nothing in the mind, is not first in the senses" says Aristotle. But the mind is what interprets those senses.
    A touch excites the nerves in the skin, they send that message to the brain at the speed of light and the brain responds by releasing whatever chemicals.