Famous UFO In Astronauts Reflection (Huge Image!)

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by btimsah, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

btimsah it really is about time you grew up. Your inability to apply common sense, logic, observation, or any other survivall skill is frankly becoming tedious. If you find that offensive let me say I doubt you find it as offensive as I find your persistent displays of stupidity.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Maddad Time is a Weighty Problem Registered Senior Member

I dunno about NASA, but we have said it's the flag. We're not the ones with the visual comprehension problem, btimsah.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Ophiolite, don't you think there is a bit of irony in you're post above? You try to insult me in an immature way. Of course you act childish in the very post in which you accuse me of needing to grow up. You don't help the thread, but then again you know that. Apperently being miserable is you're strong suit.

The flag is RIGHT NEXT to the lander, not where you say it is.

http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/as11-37-5480HR.jpg

And if any of you remember, the flag was knocked over after take-off. Now, I know it wont matter because you have allready decided it has to be the flag - even though it's not. Enjoy the bias.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. btimsah Registered Senior Member

I think it's you, and others with the visual comprehension problems chief.

As you can see below the flag is right next to the lander. Again, if you enjoy living in fantasy land more power to you. Though I would not suggest it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/as11-37-5480HR.jpg

Nice try though.

8. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

It's not me that's crazy - it's everyone else!

9. Arch_Rival Registered Senior Member

10. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

No, btimsah, you insult yourself. I've been following, and periodically engaging with, your posts for several months. It is clear that you are an intelligent, enthusiastic individual who is also possessed of a sense of humour.
    However, in the opinion of this observer (and others) you allow that enthusiasm to blind you to the facts.
    1. You give every appearance of having made your mind up in advance, interpreting data to reflect that mind set.
    2. You discard any mundane explanations from other posters and reject their expertise and observations out of hand.
    These two characteristics are immature, hence my appeal to you to grow up. Use your intelligence and enthusiasm for something of substance, not this will-o-the-wisp nonsense.

11. btimsah Registered Senior Member

I never said crazy. You did.

12. btimsah Registered Senior Member

What you are really saying is, "Be more like me". Agree and see things as I do, then you have grown up".

You only participate in this thread Oph to engage me, not the topic. That's been true in several threads.

I am not sure why you think that if one cannot understand HOW the flag can be in the position that you so desperately need to believe it is in, must be "immature". If I had to guess, I would say you just made it up to win debating points.

13. Balerion Banned Banned

Man, you got a long way to go, kid.

14. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Cesspool is nigh!

15. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Comments like the ones above are childish and immature. I suppose being called childish by the people in here is a compliment.

16. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

But that photograph shows that the flag is not right next to the lander, but some yards distant from it. Which would not conflict with the helmet reflection as far as I can see.

If the shadow on the right is the shadow of the lander, then the flag must be at least twice as far away from the lander as the lander is high (as the height of the flag's shadow is twice the height of the flag, measured from the ground to the bottom of the flag in both cases). If it is a silhouette of the lander, then if the flag were within a few feet we would be able to see the shadow of the lander, but we can't which implies that the flag is further away from that, and the framing excludes the lander's shadow.

17. Arch_Rival Registered Senior Member

btimsah, would you please show us a simple top-view sketch showing the lander, the flag and the instrument pack?

18. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

Actually, I have done this myself, showing categorically that the pinkish blob reflected in the curved glass is the flag.
    Here it is

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  19. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

20. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Nice work gents. Will it be nice enough for The Master of Light and Shadow?

21. btimsah Registered Senior Member

No, I still don't agree. There's another picture that shows just how close the flag is to the lander, but I could not find it. At this point it won't matter. You've allready decided it's the flag, even though it can't be.

22. Arch_Rival Registered Senior Member

Good work, guys. I was going to do something similar, but eburacum45 beat me to it.

In any case, i'm still interested to see your sketch, btimsah.

23. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

I think btimsah is incapable of allowing for the fish-eye distortion in the helmet reflection.