Facts and Statements

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Dork, Sep 3, 1999.

1. truestory Registered Senior Member

The continuing story of LIFE, according to Boris:

Hear ye, hear ye!!! They (mathematicians) are lying to us! The laws of mathematics are lies! Boris has rewritten the laws of mathematics so that we will know the truth! I swear! And that's the whole truth and nothing but the truth! So help me... Boris!

[This message has been edited by truestory (edited September 24, 1999).]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Everybody,

I have found an excellent web site that pits bible literalism against science and observation. It includes lively, informed and intelligent debates. It directly cites creationist papers, radio shows, conference presentations. And the thing I like about it, it goes to great lengths to show in great detail how superficial and false the "creation-science" proclamations really are. But what I like even more is that it includes detailed discussions by scientists of the full counterarguments to the objections against the Big Bang, evolution, old earth, the flood -- you name it -- including clarifications of the actual principles and theories involved (which often get muddled and distorted beyond belief by bible literalists.) For example, the site goes to great lengths to clarify evolution and counter the many popular misconceptions. As another example, it contains plenty of detailed information on the fossil record, including the heretofore presumed "missing" links! It keeps up with the latest breakthroughs in science. And (I say this rather glibly by my own admission) -- it basically extolls the same ideals that I have been defending about science, empirical knowledge, and the process of discovery, only far better than I ever could.

I highly recommend this site for a wide excursion into the "Facts", as well as "Statements" that have been circulating in the religion vs. science debates for the past few decades.

The site is <A HREF="http://www.talkorigins.org">http://www.talkorigins.org</A>.

Enjoy!

------------------
    I am; therefore I think.

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited October 01, 1999).]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Plato Registered Senior Member

Very good site indeed Boris ! I have it bookmarked from now on !

------------------
    "If I have been able to see further, it was only because I stood on the shoulders of giants."
    Isaac Newton

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. truestory Registered Senior Member

Boring site... Ho-hum... for the "maintstream" thinker only... Ho-hum... think for yourself and be gone... Ho-hum... you are not a member of the good ol' boys club... Ho-hum.

------------------
    Have a great day!

8. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

truestory,

So, you don't like it because it's boring -- or maybe because you are afraid it could send your favourite fairy tales crashing down in flames?

------------------
    I am; therefore I think.