"Extreme Female Mind" (Type E or Empathic). Is there such a disorder?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by visceral_instinct, Apr 28, 2009.

1. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I'd argue it's because men who aren't hardwired the way most men are have a harder time fitting in despite attempts to conform. Women on the whole tend to score higher on the empathy scale, I believe.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

some great evidence of my point on the socilisation of babies. my niece was born today and so i went to buy a card for her. it is apsolutly impossable to buh ANYTHING but a pink csrd with a vomit inducing soppy crap message. for boys its only possable to buy blue cards.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Well, we socialize them that way, of course, with the colors, but that doesn't necessarily say what the effects will be. I grew up in a less pressured household, primarily around men. I don't think I'm less feminine as a result, although I was socialized differently.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I have another question:

Would an extreme Type E mind really be not maladaptive? I imagine that someone who is "system blind" would need a lot of looking after. Would this depend on where you were on the spectrum? Like whether you were profoundly system-blind or only mildly so?

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

^ If you were profoundly system blind, would you even be able to use language? Would learning a language be too systemic and logical for you? Or would they pick it up intuitively as children like everyone else, without needing to be mechanistic?

What would you call such a condition? Hyperempathic/Hyposystemic Disorder?