Gallup poll results from several polls in June 2007 provide the following data. For more information, refer to the Sep/Oct 2007 edition of Skeptical Inquirer magazine. Belief in evolution by political persuasion: Independents: 61% believe in evolution, 37% do not. Democrats: 57% believe in evolution, 40% do not. Republicans: 30% believe in evolution, 68% do not. Three Republican presidential candidates stated they do not believe in evolution at a debate in May - something which obviously won't draw much criticism from their support base. Another result the polls was that those who attend church frequently are much less likely to believe in evolution than those who seldom or never attend. Republicans are more likely to be frequent church-goers. One question asked was: "Do you think Evolution - that is, the idea that human beings developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life - is definitely true, probably true, probably false or definitely false?" A little more than half of the people surveyed said they thought evolution was definitely or probably true. 44% said it was probably or definitely false. A separate poll gave three choices about humanity's origins. 43% of respondents to that poll chose the option "God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years or so." A further 38% said human beings evolved, but with God guiding the process. So, from this a total of 81% of Americans apparently think that God played a part in the development of humans. Let's see how our sciforums demographic compares.