Evil in the Eye of the Beholder?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Guyute, Nov 3, 2003.

1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I thought Jan was a chick but I cannot tell you for sure. I was almost sure I'd read that admission somewhere but hell I've been wrong before.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spookz Banned Banned

i didnt lie to you! i couldnt!
    baby so what do you think? lets put the past behind us and start afresh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

ps: i feel jealous cos you trust wes more than me

i think he is evil and stuff

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spookz Banned Banned

gendanken

/Perro, thou liest.

you sadden me

/Enlighten me on my posting habits, would you?

i find you very eloquent with a unique approach to issues

/And while you're at it find me a way to tend to Meph and keep up with a thread at the same time for me.

urea works wonders for dirt

/No. And don't fucking bother.

i have reformed my ways. let me surprise you

/Here's why: You believe in some kind of instinctual cocktail of empathy regulating what keeps men together and base all your why's and why not's on simple biology. Ooh. Ahh.

i disown all the crap i have posted. i plead temporary insanity

/I believe spooky here thinks that the only thing keeping me from wanting to drive a nail through his forehead if I met him is respect for anatomy.

chica, dont do me like this

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spookz Banned Banned

umm
    my knees are getting kinda raw

:bugeye:

8. spookz Banned Banned

/ i disown all the crap i have posted.(spookz)

that is my function

9. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Somebody:
    As well you fucking should be. That's not the post that I wasted on you I'm talking about baby doll.

The one I'm talking about starts with...

"I think I catch what he's getting at......."- 11-17-03 at 09:42 AM

But never mind that now. Stupid girly girl gendanken has cast her pearl before swine.

10. spookz Banned Banned

\"I think I catch what he's getting at......."- 11-17-03 at 09:42 AM

i was kinda all proud and stuff to think you thought i had a glimmer of intelligence in me

\But never mind that now. Stupid girly girl gendanken has cast her pearl before swine.

i am sorry gendanken. what do you mean? you still refer to me as swine?

11. P. M. Thorne Registered Senior Member

Birthday!

Cool!

Happy birthday to your wife, and many happy returns of a great day.

PMT

12. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

A Final Note.

Seems like the thread has died. Yet, a closing note.

It seems that there are many different evils in the world. Some people agree on and some that people dont agree on. It has been illustrated here in my thread. Therefore, I beleive it is safe to assume that Evil, is indeed, in the Eye of the Beholder.

-Guyute

13. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

P.M:
    Burrumbug.

Stop being so godammned nice.

Guyute:
    What Willy had Hamlet tell Rosencrantz is why we've been wasting our time here:

"Why, then 'tis none to you, for there is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."

14. P. M. Thorne Registered Senior Member

NICE /// ???

Gendanken:

I did not realize, Sir, that I was "being nice. To "be nice" is not my quest, but to be real is!

Whatsa' matter anyhow, please do not convince me that a little tenderness makes thou wheeze?

Whereas I do not mean to be disrespectful, rarely does anyone effectively tell me what to do, especially without reason.

Therefore, you tell me why it bothered you so much--(in something resembling English)--and I will consider a more challenging response.

Until next time! PMT

15. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

Re: NICE /// ???

PMT,

Firstly, he is most definitely a she.

Secondly, nice people just rub some of us the wrong way, especially when we are dealing with less than pleasant personages. No fault of your own.

Much like our first run in, her response is, most likely, the result of frustration of dealing with certain others taken out on you.

Of course, I could be wrong.

16. P. M. Thorne Registered Senior Member

Mephura:

Thank you, and while I am punching keys, did you get to see my last response to you. Sometimes . . . by the time I get back to someone there are several messages in between, so just wondered. Happy turkey! PMT

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Re: A Final Note.

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Re: Re: A Final Note.

19. P. M. Thorne Registered Senior Member

"...in the eyes of the beholder..."

Jan:

I agree that scientific factuality is lacking in such a conclusion; notwithstanding, what you are calling "illusion," was intended to be more like "perception," which is very real to the "beholder."

In spite of my rather clumsy argument, I do necessarily agree that evil is in truth, entirely perception. Guess what? I am convinced that evil is real, but does not rest in individuals, but a culmination of factors mixed with something that you or I do not fully understand. I, however, fear no evil, and that is not intended to be a quote from David's psalm, but simply how I experience life. Seldom have I observed evil, but then, look where we live. The very laws of our society hinder such a force.

You probably will not fully comprehend what I am saying, not because of any lacking on your part, but more because I would need more time, and more words to truly explain what I mean, but I do mean to say that evil, to me, is just as real as poison gas, which we both know can not always be detected until it has a good hold on those exposed to it. Therefore, only when the evidence can be seen, can the damage be determined to be caused by poison gas. As well, only when the destructive forces of evil have surfaced do we shake our heads and wonder how it all started.

Not believing affects it not at all.

This is not something that I discuss often, because it is so much more beneficial to discuss things that help us to perform our purpose; nonetheless, I think it is healthier to know that evil is.
    The trouble is, most of the people who would agree with me--that I have met--get rather superstitious and all inclusive, as least in my opinion. I suppose there are those also who rather feel uncomfortable believing in something that sounds so Halloweenish as evil, as well as those who have a fear of acknowledging that such a possibility exists. The reason I do not fear is just because I believe that evil can be overcome with good. Now, you probably really think I am an idealistic fruitcake.

In any event, I am one of those who likes Thanksgiving, and must be on my way. Whether you celebrate or not, have a good day.

PMT

20. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Re: "...in the eyes of the beholder..."

Perception? Yes. But the perception is one of illusion.

I would agree that 'evil' does not rest 'naturally' within the individual, but can reside within the perception the individual has of themselves in relation to the world they inhabit. The point that it does not reside naturally within the individual is a good indicator that it can be fully understood, one only has to understand ones individual self in order to discriminate.

I don't quite get where you are coming from.
    Perhaps you could explain what you percieve as 'evil'.

To me, evil is not the poisoned gas, but the intention of the user of the poisoned gas. The fact that the gas is poisonous to some beings is purely natural.

Again, i need to know what you regard as evil to put foreward a response.

Quite right.

This is partly what i mean by 'illusion'.

I understand your defence mechanism due to where you are postingm, because of the inexperianced personalities that will instantly judge you out of their own fear. But it would be very difficult to form any opinion of you as i do not know you.

When in conversation with me, please don't feel you have to defend yourself. Feel free to say what you like, from any source you like.

Thank you.

As i am UK based we do not have a tradition of thanks giving, but i am presently in my recording studio producing what will hopefully be a successfull album, which gives me alot of pleasure.

Love

Jan Ardena.

21. spookz Banned Banned

uhh
    perhaps links to a few tracks?

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I just might.

Love

Jan Ardena.

23. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

Yeah, i saw it. responded back somewhere on page 4 or 5. I don't even remember what it was about to be honest. As far as i am concerned, this thing is dead.