Euro 2004

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by jadedflower, Jun 6, 2004.

1. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

I'm just wondering if anyone is interested, or in fact going... I don't know if European Football is too hot in this corner of the web

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

It's in Portugal no?

I really detest football and it appears the British public is only patriotic when it comes to football. Gawd I hate this country. So no, won't have anything to do with it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

It is in Portugal yes, and I'm only patriotic when it comes to football. I hate this country and see no reason to be patriotic in it's defense... now football is another matter altogether!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I echo Thor´s post. Just insert "German" in place of "British".

8. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

what's wrong with being patriotic only in football? it's an era of globalization.... let sport be sport!

and it's not like you two love your countries...

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

But I do not like soccer

Everytime I have to wittness a game, because some of my friends want to see it, I nearly die of boredom.

10. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

ah.... you watch boring games then....... I loved watching the world cup two years ago

I like the big cups, not the small things... but I do have a team, even though I rarerly watch the games.

We kicked polish ass; and lost PATHETICALLY against the US and Korea. However; watching the England games was tons of fun... because you get to watch all the English teachers (from England, as opposed to those who teach english) chuck stuff at the TV and use foul language (no footballistic pun intended).

11. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

The world-cup was as boring as ny other game. I like the games of the local teams, at least there is some brawling sometimes.

12. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

LOL, In the world cup the captain of our team (I think he was....) punched the ref!!!

13. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Perhaps, but you cannot participate in a brawl happening on the field at the worldcup

But truth to tell, I think every kind if sport is very boring when you are watching it. If you participate it is cool, but simply watching?
    I´ll just take a look at the results printed in the newspapers.

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Football is a dying sport imho. People will lose interest in a few years time.

15. Esoteric Tragic Hero Registered Senior Member

I really hope England embarasses France in the first game, they are talking waaay too much smack. Viera and Zidane seem to be sqwauking in the papers everyday. Yeh, maybe they have the talent to back it up, but I hope any crappy Euro team can shove hot grassy dirt down their throat.

Sol knows how to handle Henry...

LOL at the thought of nicky butt trying to tackle zidane.

16. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Esoteric, your post made no sense to me whatsoever!

17. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

It's irritating enough seeing Henry scoring so much in the EPL. I too hope France gets their ass kicked.
    That'll be a good contest, Campbell vs. Henry.

18. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Your clearly not an arsenal fan then(tottenham or united perhaps?), he is the best player in the world and scores some fantastic goals, its just a shame he's french and not english.
    Henrys just too fast and clever for him.
    Some are boring some arnt, its personal taste, and you can just get into some sports and enjoy watching them(ice hockey for one), reading the result isnt whats important, you can hear about a fantastic 4-0 victory but its nothing if you didnt see it.
    Small teams are the best to support as they have everything to play for and have never won most things before.

19. Esoteric Tragic Hero Registered Senior Member

I dont like Arsenal, Tottenham or any other EPL team other then Chelsea. Only club team i care for is BOCA JUNIORS.

Nevertheless France needs to get their arses kicked, hopefully 4-0 in the hands of England.
    I think Spain will win Euro 2004 even if no one else I know does, but I have decided against placing a $50 bet, dont wanna push my luck.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004
  20. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

I think england will win(and im not just saying that because i want them to), so long as we get our set pieces sorted(conceding a goal from a set piece to iceland is frankly embarassing), and so long as scholes and rooney calm down, i think rooney will get sent off in one match, so long as it isnt the france match we will be ok.
    I still dont get what your problem with henry is, is it because he doesnt play for boca or isnt from argentina?

I think he's a world class player, and i think the same of a lot of other players, he's worked at getting where he is and deserves it.

21. Epox to strive..to seek...to find Registered Senior Member

Lmao - you're serious right?

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Epox, I am indeed serious. Sooner or later football will only be played in those old fairs. It will become like Jousting, how many Jousters do you see nowadays? huh? huh?

23. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

lol, Jousting became pointless because guns were invented, theres nothing that can be invented to make football pointless, most people believe its already pointless, though the same can be said for tennis(especially when tim henman plays)....