entropy and expansion of universe

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by ash64449, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

What does your research tell you?

What is the physical/chemical interpretation of "hot" vs "cold"?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

According to your equation there had to be power. How does power relate to fuel?

Most folks equate fuel with petroleum, or possibly carbohydrates. How do they relate to what you just said?

What happens when a log burns? How does it warm you?

What is the difference between heat and temperature?

Gawd.

There aren't any processes that convert energy from one form to another?

If I drop a bowling ball from a tall building, the car below me will experience a large energy pulse. Is that a definition of entropy? And what do you call the process of climbing 47 flights of stairs with a heavy load to get to the roof?

What is heat? What is cold? How do they relate?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

I know from past experiences with you that you're not interested in having an honest discussion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ash64449 Registered Senior Member

yes. Entropy is measure of disorder.But taking as disorder itself cannot explain all situations of entropy.

In hot objects,molecules are disordered while in cold objects it will be ordered.

8. ash64449 Registered Senior Member

I think i can follow the way well wisher said.
    Increase in entropy can be defined the increase in information to define the system. Disorder has to have more information to define than ordered one. And when the entropy increases, system becomes inefficient. Only less energy can be usable.

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Temperature is a measure of the average translational kenetic energy of the material. Essentially the vibrational energy. So your definition is not quite right. In a single crystal whether the material is hot or cold the atoms / molecules will have the same amount of order - they will just be vibrating faster at elevated tempertures (at least until a phase change occurs).

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

IMO it is always best to assume that wellwisher is not describing anything that represents current scientific understanding untill proven otherwise! Some of what he says is correct and some of what he says is just goofy stuff he makes up on the fly.

11. ash64449 Registered Senior Member

What is the meaning of this?

12. ash64449 Registered Senior Member

Well,origin,i couldn't grasp you earlier comments,i mean couple of comments you said when i started the thread. Can you tell me on what accounts well wisher was wrong so that i can understand the point.