Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by seekeroftheway, Feb 9, 2006.

1. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

People, this game is one of few that will totally revolutionize the world of gaming for years to come. It's worth WORSHIPPING. That's right, abandon your false deities and join the new race of true believers! Hurl fireballs and lightning bolts at the heathen's that deny the truth!
    So yeah, I'm psyched, anyone else?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

And why might this game be so good? care to explain in detail?
    Whats new and or improved compared to say Elder Scrolls : Morrowind+Addons

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Next Gen graphics, Radiant AI(unscripted AI for the entire game, that's over 2000 npc's), real world physics and lighting, 24(ish) square miles of land to explore, totally open ended gameplay, literally thousands of quests, many guilds and classes, the game is simply huge. And everything in it is totally worth it. Plus, if you noticed how crappy the combat system in morrowind was, it's WAY better now. No more seeing your blade slice through someone's head, hearing a swish, and nothing happening. Real world physics and a purposely kinetic feel make it literally bashing swords together. Plus, now you can block with weapons, and you do it manually, not relying on the games reflexes. Finally, magic is totally revamped and improved, instead of shooting a fireball and seeing some sort of orange substance moving around on their abdomen, the person literally lights on fire, and every fireball that goes off generates a shockwave that knocks objects back. You can pick up nearly anything in the game, throw it, so on, there are traps that you can set off and use against the enemies who set them. Sooo...yeah, it's going to be way friggin awesome, especially if you're acquainted with Morrowind/expansions and if you're a big RPG fan(IE Baldur's gate and Neverwinter knights, KotOR, so on).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

It could be summerized as a next gen MMORPG in single player mode. I hope it doesn't need to patch that much.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And I love my latest post count!

8. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Nice...what's better about it, though, is that it has WAY more realisticity(if that's a word...) than an MMO could. The Grass sways in the breeze, and every forest is self generated by the game, nothing in them is placed by a developer. That amount of info, along with making it react to the player would make most government top-of-the-line CPU's lag if they tried to calculate all that for thousands of people at a time.
    I hated the whole magic mode combat mode thing, it was stupid, and NOW IT'S GONE. This game is going to be so cool....

9. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

i saw the trailers and i must say it does look quite sweet

10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i had a morrowind game where i murdered every living person on the planet.
    took me four months to find them all without a walkthrough.
    THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

11. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

LOL, nice. Morrowind was so amazing, I played the GOTY edition.

I've been waiting for Oblivion for ages, but I still need to buy an Xbox 360.

12. ArtofWar Registered Senior Member

lol

that must have took a long time, epsecially those "ordinators" at the temple infront of vivic also the guys in the flying rock. YOu hit one guy then theyall boom rush you and take swipes. those fuckers hit so frequenty you can barely cast a flying spell.

I haven't played ES:M for about 2 years and have never used the expansion packs. i did however manage to trap vivic into the Alura (?) soul Gem. That fucker is hard to take down and my guy was sooped with more power than a 30 piston engine.

13. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

the ordinators werent very hard, really....i had more trouble with the guy (cannot remember his name for the life of me) that cures you of the disease in the tree city....its been a few years, you will have to pardon the lapse of memory.

that fucker can instantly kill you, no matter how powerful you are. you have to be able to duck down the shaft that runs throught the middle from the top down of the building.
    i was playing a rogue-ish kind of character, so i killed the ordinators with a bow, and finding a spot they couldnt get me at. also, those sneak attacks are DEADLY if you are super proficient with a warhammer.

14. ArtofWar Registered Senior Member

yeh i can't remember his ame either, i think he had his own "manor" or town outside of Tel-aviv. That fucker was the coolest guy in the whole game. He was somthing like 4000+ years old. He was tough but all you really needed to do to beat him was use a spell to deplete his armor, becasue he is too powerful to cast an ordinary spell on him. As long as you screwed up his tough Dramor (sp?) armor then you could kick his ass

Also if you hadn't progressed in the game that far and recieved big time armor and weapons, you could have easily cracked the codes to all his treasure locks and stole his Gear that was just as if not stronger than the best Apparatus the game had to offer.

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

Is it really gonna be that awesome. Sounds like your making it out to be way more uuber than the first one. I didn't even play the first one, but I watched a friend play it. It seemed boring but I can't say because I didn't play. He thought it was cool. Are you in short reccomending it as oblivion to every other game, guys everywhere must get?

16. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

lol..i dont think it was tel-aviv, but it was something like that yeah.
    i ended up beating him because my sneaking skill was so high....i snuck up behind him and gave him a sneak attack with my giant hammer.....and then he ended up falling down that pit. i decided "what the hell!!" and jumped down after him to fight, but he was already dead. *shrug*

for some reason you could NOT sneak past his son, and if you killed him, the main dude KNEW, and would attack you on sight....gotta love the saving wherever you want.

am i the only one that thought the ending to that game was lame as hell?

17. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

lol seems like this is the morrowind thread instead

18. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Who cares? Morrowind was awesome, I'm STILL playing it over and over again with cheats. I'm an argonian right now, with an enchanted ebony staff, an ebony bow, an infinite supply of ebony arrows, and a daedric dai-katana(dai katana's are the coolest weapons in the game). I just walk around shooting and killing people. I like to think of myself as an abolitionist. Kill all the elves, and the imperials, and free all the slaves. Eh.

By the way, the guys name is Fyr, he's in his Telvanni tower of Tel Fyr, and he's wearing Daedric armor.

I agree, the ending was just a liiiiiiiiiittle disappointing. Dagoth ur was way cool, though...

Is anyone in any way opinionated as to what classes are best?

19. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

thank you soooo much...that was pissing me off..i couldnt find it myself since my disk is scratched.

i like archer/rogue classes for pure mayhem kind of games...they can jump, run fast, and get to places other characters cant get to. sniping is the name of the game, if you want to legitimately kill everything.

for cheating...i go with orc. huge tank that cannot be stopped. delicious shopkeepers...mmmmmm

20. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

I tried that, it gets really repetetive after a while. As much as it rocks, the combat system in Morrowind is, to put it respectively, simplistic. I always have more fun laying waste to the landscape with lightning and fire and when someone gets too close I paralyze them and then smack them over the head with an enchanted ebony staff that absorbs health and damages armor and so on. You're right, sniping does make the game, but what makes it more absolutely is WHAT you're sniping with...

21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

lol indeed.

i like sniping with a daedric warhammer.

*KERPLUNK*!!!

22. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

Charge Me 5 For A Pillow Will Ya?!?

23. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Oh man, drarayne thelas was a FREAK. She's that chick in balmora that had the rat "infestation"(there were three of them...?), and you were sent as your first fighters guild quest to take care of them. PILLOWS. TOO MANY PILLOWS. She had THOUSANDS of pillows in her storage room, she wouldn't stop talking about pillows, "You do like pillows, don't you *charname*?" "I hope they didn't get into my good pillows..." WHAT ELSE WERE THEY SUPPOSED TO GET INTO???

You wanna know how bad she is? You know all the ship wrecks you can find on the coast? Well, one of them has a shipment of pillows (another house full) made out to her. And you can bring them to her and she smiles and crap.
    *shiver*