Eintstein Is Wrong!!!!!! Read!!!

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by PeteBoise, Jul 29, 2004.

1. MacM Registered Senior Member

Don't make an incorrect linkage here. I was referencing what appears to be his view of a "Pushing" type origin of gravity.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

Second vote, move this to pseudoscience.

I'm sure this is someone just trolling and trying to get into a fight by posting badly thought out ideas with excruciatingly bad grammar anyway.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

push the report button, no one is listening

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

(Q)... do you ever even read what people right before saying that?

Yes, unlike you I do read and attempt to comprehend what someone is writing before commenting. I had to say 'attempt' because some, like you and Pete here, are very difficult to comprehend. In your case, its most likely the fact that you are young, inexperienced and English is your second language.

Pete simply doesn't know what he's talking about and has the audacity to insult my intelligence by making half-witted claims only an attention seeking high-school student would make. Actually thats you as well.

You don't change, do you?

Change to what... a non-thinker?

8. PeteBoise Registered Member

(Q) ....Your obviously the forum idiot from what threads you've written and peoples repsonse to your BS. lol. My friend who is a physics major had told me to write this idea in a way that most would understand. Most of you with the exception of a few had any insight to this. He is writing a report with his physics professor with equations and is submitting a more detailed report to physics journals with this idea. It's funny he said that most would not understand or even give it a chance.
    He was right. Most responses were rude and with little thought put into it. I was under the impresssion that these forums were where people could share ideas and thoughts with criticism but not just plain ignorance for responses. good luck to you all, but we'll never find the answers with closedmindednesss.

9. orange Registered Senior Member

PeteBoise, with your choise of topic, you have to understand that it is hard to take seriously. Einsteins theories have been proven correct, and even though he was only a patent clerk, it's extremely unlikely that a person not educated in physics will turn modern science around today.

TruthSeeker, please read who PeteBoise was quoting again.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2004
  10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

It's funny that I've said my age.... otherwise, who would notice it?

Most don't...

In any case, just because I have ideas different from yours, you shouldn't say that I am "inexperienced"...

What? Do I seek attention? Who cares about attention? I am expressing myself. I don't care wheter you agree or not with me. If I were seeking attention, I would be agreeing with everybody. But I don't agree with certain things, and I have the right to oppose them. If you can't deal with that, then maybe you should grow up...

Or maybe an open-minded person...

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, but that is irrelevant. Everybody has the right to express themselves. If (Q) doesn't like it, then I think he should just leave. He doesn't have the right to say those things and try to stop people from speaking. And if he can't handle with the differences between him and other people, then maybe he should come down from his crystal pedestal, experience real life and grow up to learn to accept our differences.

12. orange Registered Senior Member

TruthSeeker, you asked (Q) if he read through posts, and in the next post you misquoted Pete which I found sweet.

I can imagine some users getting tired of "crackpots" if they want to have a serious debate. But nevermind, this discussion is not what this thread was originally about, so lets hope Pete will continue explaining more thorough what he meant.

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

PeteBoise:

The usefulness of Newton and Einstein's theories of gravity is that they can make quantitative predictions. For example, we can use them to predict when the next solar eclipse will occur, and where, and how long it will last for etc.

Can your idea make any useful predictions?

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

PeteBoise,

If it makes you feel any better, they are responding to you much better then they have done to me.....

15. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

If Einstein was wrong then you're probably wrong too!

Yob Atta

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

My friend who is a physics major had told me to write this idea in a way that most would understand.

Ah, the Appeal to Authority argument. But aside from that, was there some reason why you had to lie to us when you opened your thread with this statement?

The other day an idea came to me on how gravity is created.

And I seriously doubt a physics major would ever say something like this:

Thats what it does, thats simply what it's made to do. So the more dense something is the less of the matter is occupying it so the more it attempts to occupy that space causing gravity.

Ask you so-called 'physics major' friend to provide some math, or better yet, get him to sign up here and we'll ask him instead. Getting second hand information from you is pointless.

17. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Actually Einstein lived his life trying to prove his theories 'Wrong'. Now you could either ascertain this to a kind of Sherlock Holmes investigative streak;

"...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!"
    The Sign of Four - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

In fact I think Einstein has been proven to be wrong on a few occasions however you have to remember 'even men of great intellect are still flawed by being human'.
    The other aspect is when you look at someones life achievements you don't look at all their failures in the same light, therefore all those things that he might of thought or written would have been scrapped after peer review.

As for you theory, If you want to go further with it I would suggest continued research to find out if other people also have similar theories or if there is any axiom of your theory that doesn't work in regards to over laws/theorums or data.
    (You'll notice in all cases of a theorum being suggested an attempt to weigh their personal theorum against such data is necessary to add to the theorums credabilty and weight. Without doing so then it will be destined to be ridiculed.)

18. PeteBoise Registered Member

Thanks for recent replies that were criticism and advice thats what I had wanted when writing the thread. THE SUBJECT WAS TO get people to READ not that I think Einstein is necessarily wrong

TRUTHSEEKER this is my first time in a forum and I'm kinda....well really surprised that people who claim to be philosophers or scientist or whatever are so arrogant and opinionated. I think that what holds us back is what some of us are taught, if your told this is the way something is then how can you go beyond or think outside of that. Your imagination is limited if you believe everything your taught.

19. Arch_Rival Registered Senior Member

You have an interesting thought there, PeteBoise.

Relativity/Newtonian mechanics are well established to be "true". If your theory can show similar results under similar conditions, ie in low velocity range, in low G etc....that agree with the two proven theories, you are on to something.

20. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

PeteBoise-- I suggest you do some research on the equivalence principle, part of Einstein's theory. You might find it close to your idea. Using the equivalence principle, you can say that the water in the waterfall is just staying in place in space while the cliff works to accelerate relative to the water and space. After all, the falling water feels no force and tumbles as if it's floating, whereas a person on top of the cliff feels a force pushing on their feet like they would if they were in an accelerating rocket.

In Einstein's theory, matter naturally squeezes toward a point, the center of gravity. Matter floats toward that point unless it is stopped by something. The surface of earth is stopped from falling further toward the center by the electromagnetic force that resists further squeezing of the earth. The electromagnetic force is what you feel pushing against you now.

21. Rev Prez Registered Member

This probably belongs in the pseudoscience forum. If you're going to say "Einstein is wrong" (and by that, I'm assuming you're saying all the empirical tests that have born out special and general relativity over the past century are somehow flawed), you should be able to show conclusively that your idea is born out by experiment or observation.

This may be in part because your "matter space occupation" idea is poorly communicated. At best, it really looks like an non-mathematical attempt to describe geodesics.

Rev Prez

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Well... a good student might know and agree with everything the teacher say.... but an excellent student will challenge every single thing.

And well... an exceptional one will go beyond what is taught and even mix different subjects.

Guess which kind of student you may be?

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

You can't compose sentences correctly, or adhere to grammatical rules. You post a really vague ramble that you think gravity is something to do with space and matter (DUH!) call Einstein out as being wrong, and everyone else is arrogant?

I think you're a TROLL, so just give up, it isn't funny