Egyptian Royal Cubit is Earth Commensurate

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Timaeus even wrote about the earth sphere within the celestial sphere, which rotates (seems to rotate, because of precession), so they knew of this basis for the dimensions of the Great Pyramid, as Herodotus wrote that it was rumored that the GP was built to be a reduction of the dimensions of the Earth, he was right, as we see with this finding.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

You can determine north by marking down where on a flat horizon a given star rises and sets from a fixed viewpoint. When you bisect the angle subtended, that's north. You don't need to measure time at all.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

Please explain.

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Accurate east-west distances, longitudes, and the locations of the longitudes' intersections at the poles, was not measureable supposedly until the 1700's with the invention of Harrison's Chronometer.

How accurate is your method?

9. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Laika:

Correct. That is how they likely oriented the Great Pyramid with true north. What is amazing is the precision with which they did so, showing how they were very careful measurers. Apparently, that precision was not improved upon until circa the 1800s A.D. (with the Eiffel Tower, I believe), whereas the Great Pyramid was built circa 4700 years before the present (2006 A.D.).

What is not well known, and apparently not being discussed above, but I have written about extensively in other posts, is that the Egyptians of that era also had the radius of the Earth accurate to three figures. This is clearly shown in the geometry of the Great Pyramid, which in addition to the Royal Cubit, also used another unit they developed called the Scientific Cubit (my name for it).

As you know, the French in the late 1700s A.D.developed the metric system (part of their revolutionary fervor). The unit of length (the meter) was defined as being the 1/10,000,000th part of the circumference of the Earth from the North Pole to the Equator (1/4th of the total circumference). However, that distance varies somewhat depending where on the globe one measures, even if taken at sea level, and nowadays it is related to atomic vibrations, which relate to a metal bar kept in Paris from which it was derived. [And, as an aside, as we know, the unit of mass is derived from the unit of length as follows: One cubic centimeter of water has a mass of one gram.]

What is relatively more fixed is the distance from the center of the Earth to the Poles (though the tides, etc. can vary that somewhat by a meter or so, i.e. the Polar Radius.

What the Egyptians of the Great Pyramid era did was calculate that distance to an accuracy of three digits; not repeated until Erathostenes day two millenia later, and much less accurately, though likely with the same or similar technique (look him up if you're interested - he visited in Egypt from Greece following Alexander's Egyptian sojourn, and used his Greek mathematical knowldege and Egyptian landscape to do the calculation).

They then took that distance, and by not-so-strange happenstance, divided it by 10,000,000 to arrive at the Scientific Cubit (because, as is true for the 1/4 circumference of the Earth, dividing by 10,000,000 gives a length that is of practical use - - i.e. a meter stick or a cubit stick, both of which are easy to hold and handle).

They then divided the scientific cubit into 25 equal parts, called the scientific inch (my name for it, because it is about 1.001 American inches in length).

We know this because they used both systems within the interior of the Great Pyramid, relating the two systems by the number of days in the year (365.2), as follows:

The "Kings Chamber" is 10 Royal Cubits by 20 Royal Cubits in floor plan, and 5 radical 5 Royal Cubits high, giving a cubic diagonal (from one corner on floor to opposite corner on ceiling) 0f 25 Royal Cubits.

Within the "Kings Chamber" is a non-removable Sarcophagus of length L. Subtracting that length from the 10 Royal Cubits gives the diameer of a circle that is 365.2 scientific inches in circumference.

Before the "Kings Chamber" is an ante-chamber. The length of the ante-chamber is the diameter of a circle that is 365.2 scientific inches in circumference.

The ramp leading up to the "Kings Chamber", as well as the ramp leading down to the 'pit', are of equal slope. Measuring along the length of both ramps from the point where both ramps diverge, measuring out a length of 20 Royal Cubits along both ramps, gives a height separation between those two points of 365.2 scientific inches.

These figures are calculable using standard encyclopedic references for the measurements (usually given in English System measurements, though sometimes in meters).

Additonally, the slope of the sides of the Great Pyramid is unique (and accurately measurable by the few remaining casing stones left in place at the base that were covered by sand and not visible during the stripping of the Great Pyramid of its highly polished casing stones centuries ago). Essentially, the height of the Great Pyramid is the radius of a circle in which the base is the diameter of the same circle. No other Egyptian pyramid has that slope.

The Egyptian rulers of that era were relatively sophisticated mathematically, and the papyrus drawings for the Great Pyramid must have been extensive. Unfortunately, nothing survives from then describing its construction, other than the pyramid itself.

The scientific cubit and the royal cubit are also used in other areas of the pyramid, including in the "Queens Chamber".

Many people have tried to use the above (and derivations from it) in support of their theologies, though I find no actual support. It is, however, intriguing mathematics, and indicative of their sophistication during that era.

The Ice Age flooding ended roughly five millenia before the construction of the Great Pyramid, allowing those peoples time to settle and become a large population of farmers and builders.

Whether the Egyptians arose from displaced "atlanteans" that might have been flooded out during the Ice Age melting raising the sea levels some 130 meters over the course of several millenia should be the topic of another thread, and has already been discussed in numerous other threads in which I've posted.

Walter

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey Walter, how do you think the length of the royal cubit was determined?

11. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

I suspect that initially it derived from a body part length (just as we use one foot is about one foot long, and my foot is almost exactly one foot long), but over time, due to varying differences, it became standardized based upon something more certain. It likely was standardized for centuries before the Great Pyramid was built, back when they were building Mastabas. The Scientific Cubit and Scientific Inch only appear in the Great Pyramid, and I surmise that during those two centuries of ever increasing skill at masonry, measurement and pyramid construction, the idea was floated amongst the intellectual elite that a new unit should become established based upon the physical geometry of the Earth (the same thinking of the French intellectual elite revolutionists some 4 1/2 millenia later). The greatest thinkers of that day (physicians, mathematicians, engineers) likely got together and devised the new system, which they incorporated in the Great Pyramid as apermanent memorial of their efforts.

However, it apparently did not 'take' and did not supplant the Royal Cubit, that had been around for centuries, and which was convenient in its length (elbow to end of index finger of the average arm) for rough measurements, and for which everyone already had standardized measuring sticks. Hence, its derivation was forgotten and its usage abandoned after construction of the Great Pyramid. Likely, only the top few of the Egyptian society even knew of the scientific cubit - - everyone else continued on with their lesser knowledge, continuing to use the Royal Cubit for the actual construction of the Great Pyramid in most respects, other than the 'codification' of the scientific cubit in some aspects of its interior geometry.

I doubt if it is possible to determine exactly how the Royal Cubit came to be the dimension that it is (and it can be easily determined by the monuments of Egypt), though I don't rule out that it was standardized to some aspect of Earth's geometery, before being revised into the scientific cubit.

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey Walter, do you see any flaw in my analysis at the top of this thread?

13. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey Walter, how long is the "scientific cubit," and how long is the "royal cubit," in your mind?

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Yes. Of course, hopefully when (if) that happens, somebody will have bothered to investigate that basic question.

And information transmission and retention was sophisticated enough that Plato didn't get a legendary story, but the real deal?

Which submerged megalithic ruins? References, please.

Why is this not common knowledge, or commonly accepted?

Are you a conspiracy theorist, too?

15. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

My references give the Royal Cubit as being 20.61 inches, not too far from your 20.63 inches; different by two parts per two thousand, which is well within the expected variations from physical measurements of stone masonry, etc. from which we derive our knowledge of the Royal Cubit.

The Scientific Cubit is defined to be 25.0000 Scientific Inches, and is the 1/10,000,000th of the Polar Radius [Approximately 3949.89 miles (American or British) by my references].

That makes the scientific cubit approximately 25.0265 inches (American or British), and the scientific inch approximately 1.0010601 inches (American or British). For practical purposes, it is the same as the American inch, only off by one part in a thousand.

Incidentally, the distance from the far wall of the "King's Chamber" to the center of the ante-chamber is 365.2 scientific inches. I should have mentioned that in the post above.

What is most intriguing about all of this is that the Great Pyramid was sealed up for several millenia after its construction. It was tunnelled into circa 820 A.D. when Al Mamoun, Caliph of Baghdad, son of Harum Al Raschid of the Arabaian Nights fame, had his men force their way into the pyramid in search of treasure. Unable to find the real entrance which was covered over with smoothly polished limestone as part of the casing stonework, his men forced their way into the Pyramid's north face at a point below and to the west of the real entrance. After many weeks and months of tunneling into essentially solid stonework, they heard a stone fall not far ahead of them. Tunneling in that direction, they came upon the interior passage system. The stone they heard falling was the stone covering the ascending passage, which thus lay exposed to their eyes. It too was blocked by three large granite plugs, so they tunnelled around those, and came to the Grand Gallery. After ascending that passage, they came to the ante chamber, which was also blocked. They broke through those stones, and came upon the "Kings Chamber" which was reported to be empty except for the non-removable solid hollowed-out granite sarcophagus (which might have had a lid, but which lid is no longer in the "Kings" Chamber if it ever existed).

About five centuries later, in the 13th century A.D. a large earthquake shook the region, cracking the roof of the King's Chamber, and loosening some of the smooth casing stones on the exterior, which soon began disappearing as industries developed in nearby Cairo which could benefit from such smooth and polished limestone to build Islamic Mosques, etc. These were stripped from the Great Pyramid all the way to the top (but leaving those few at the base that were fortunately covered by sand), and the Khafre pyramid (Khufu's grandson) almost to the top, though the last ones on that pyramid are still in situ, as seen in most photographs commonly shown.

Al Mamoun's forced entrance is still commonly used, though the real entrance, somewhat higher up the face, is now open, with the casing stones surrounding it removed to reveal its structure.

Other interesting features are also reported, for example:

The "King's Chamber" floor is the 35th course of masonry (50 inches thick, thicker than those above or below). From the outer edge to the central vertical line of the pyramid it is reported to be 3,652 inches; and the square base circuit of the pyramid (with casing stones intact) is reportedly 36,524 inches (3,043.7 feet; or about 761 feet for each side of the base). However, I have not been able to verify those references, as of yet.

Incidentally, the slope of an equilateral triangle that has its height for a radius of a circle with the base as the diameter of a circle is 51 degrees, 51 minutes, 14.3 seconds, and is the slope of the Great Phyramid. Khafre's Pyramid is a close copy, at 52.0 degrees, but simply not the same, and likewise it has none of the interesting mathematics of the Great Pyramid.

By some accounts, Khafre was Khufu's son, by other accounts he was the grandson. I'm still not sure on that either.

Anyway, thought you might find this intriguing. Sorry I can't give you better info on the Royal Cubit.

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Walter, do you think it's just a coincidence that 1,760 royal cubits (base perimeter cubits of the Great Pyramid, 440 x 4) equals 1/7200ths of the radius of the Earth, which is half a nautical mile?

17. No. He's just a genealogist with an interest in numerology - you can read all about him in his latest book, apparently. You'll never guess the title...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Much of history has been driven by secret dealings, does anyone doubt this?

19. Walter L. Wagner Cosmic Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Your reference gives 440 cubits X 20.63 inches/cubit X 1 foot/12 inches = 756 feet for a base. My reference gives 761 feet (see post above).

I would surmise that one of those two means of calculating the length of a base is the one that was actually used, though I cannot say with certainty which one it was unless I see more accurate data. Where do you get your reference data from? Planning any trips to the pyramid to obtain more accurate measurements?

Incidentally, 1760 RC X 20.63 inches/RC X 7200 = 261,420,000 inches as the radius of Earth, using your definitions in your last post.

Divided by 12 = 21,785,280 feet; divided by 5280 (feet in a mile) = 4,126 miles. If you check any standard encyclopedia, you'll find the radius is much closer to the value I posted, 3949.89 miles (which was an older reference, though accurate to one part per ten thousand, at least, in that it was satellite-determined).

Thus, it is not a coincidence, because your assertion that 1/7200th of the Earth's radius is equal to the perimeter of the Great Pyramid is not correct, based on any encyclopedic reference to the Earth's radius.

I suspect, therefore, that the calculations performed by your reference sources are incorrect.

20. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Okie dokie, I know that you know, but go ahead and stick to your story, I understand.

21. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

So Walter, how were they able to allign the GP to within 0.5% from true north?

22. All of history has in fact been driven by what actually happened - given your demonstrated prehensity towards being picky about choosing what and what not to believe about that - what the crap actually do you know about history?

That's a rhetorical question, by the by. Given the happy mess you've managed to make cavorting you're way through other peoples actually thoughtful and considered topics where ever y'damn well seem to please when ever y'see fit to do it - I really don't have slightest qualm about showing you a similar courtesy here.

Are we pristinely clear?

23. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Clear about what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.