Egyptian Royal Cubit is Earth Commensurate

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey James R, when the now common notion that the Egyptian royal cubit length was the length from some pharoah's elbow to his finger tip (and did he hold his hand and wrist reeeeal straight?) is rapidly discarded when the precession mapping sourced length for the royal cubit is acknowledged by almost all to be compellingly simple and self-evidently valid, and so is written up in all the textbooks, in lieu of the then discarded elbow to finger-tip charade, will you still ask what proof do we have that the ancients coud measure the circumference of the Earth?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

Get real, you are trying to say that things of astronomical scale can be distilled down to a usable earthly measure, within error margins?

I'll stick with the mundane cubit explanation, thanks. I mean, you want to buy cloth from a merchant, and you say 'how much is it?' and he says, 'ah well, glad you asked, I sat up all night measuring the stars positions, and it's priced per cubit, which as luck would have it, is exactly the length of your forearm'.

I won't deny that Egyptians knew a fair amount about astronomy, but you know what? I bet they were measuring out their 3,4,5 triangles in units of cubits to make astromical alignments, not using astronomical means to determine the cubit. What measure are you asserting they used to measure right angles using 3,4,5 triangles before they came up with the cubit, then?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Go ahead and muddle along thinking elbows-to-fingertips measured the Great Pyramid, I can see the Pharoah, crawling along the ground, surveying out the GP dimensions, to be a 1/7200th reduction of the Earth's radius, laying his forearm on the ground, as he marked off the Giza site, good scene for a comedy.

So tell me, how does a pharoah's forearm relate to the dimensions of the Earth? Did he hold his forearm to finger tip in the wind to survey the allignment so it would be lined up to within 0.5% accuracy of true (not magnetic) north? You must measure time to determine true north, and longitude, so do you think they did it with sun dials, ahahaha.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Again, WHY 1/7200?
    WHY would they multiply pi by 40/40?

You aren't offering up ANY REASON at all to believe the numbers are anything other than simple coincidences.

That on top of what skinwalker posted about the inaccuracy of the numbers...
    How can you think this means anything?

Of course you can build coincidences by plugging random numbers into anything to make them match, but unless you offer some reasonable explanation as to why you plugged those number in, you aren't saying anything at all.

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

You are putting the cart before the horse, a common mistake. The Egyptians developed a knowledge of astronomy because they had standard measurements available, and were able to align pyramids because of their knowledge of geometry, which also helped understand astronomy, it was not he other way around as you would have it!

Get your ass over to Saqqara, and see what units are used to make that pyramid, .... what's this fascination with one pyramid, when the majority were buried in mastabas anyway?

Go to Egypt, see it for yourself, and stop reading bullshit conspiracy books.

9. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey phlog, so go ahead and explain how they alligned the Great Pyramid to true north "because of their knowledge of geometry," if you pull it off, it will look just like my finding, so go for it (this oughta be good).

So get your ass in gear and let's see your supposed explanation.

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

SkinWalker disagrees with Egytologists that the GP is 440 at the base by 280 height, he'll have to take it up with them.

And if you think that it's all coincidence, then that's just fine with me, but if you do, I wonder if you think that 2 + 2 = 4?

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I wonder if you realize that 2 + 2 is not the only way to reach 4.

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

So you guys are saying that the distance from some pharoah's elbow to finger-tip was used 440 times for the base side lengths of the GP, and 280 of them for the height (so you admit they used Pi, or is that a coincidence too?), and so, you're saying that Pyramid size just happens to be a reduction of the dimensions of the Earth by a factor of 43,200, which just happens to be, when mulitiplied by six (the number of sides of the "earth hexagon"), the number 25,920, the number of years of a precession cycle? Wow, that is quite a coincidence!!!!!!

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

So are you going to start telling us about processional number significance at Angkor Wat, or Machupicchu next?

I saw that 'documentary' too, it rather lost the plot when it started talking about Atlantis.

14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Atlantis went under 9,000 lunar cycles before Plato's time, the ruins of some of the port cities can now be seen on the shallow seafloor off Spain at Tarifa, Chipiona, Rota, and Huelva, and off Morocco at Lixus.

It was the legendary homeland of the Mexicans, Atlan, also known as Atland by the Dutch, Avalon by the Brits, Atlantida by the Portuguese and Spaniards, Attala by the Berbers, and Thule Land (Helgoland) by the Nazis.

The precession numbers are well represented in the architecture at Angkor Wat, and other ruins there, check it out.

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

Ah, so you are another nutter reciting the works of Jim Alison! Outed!

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

No, you're the nutter.

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

There is no reason to believe that Atlantis was anything more than a fable told by Plato since there is not a single mention of it in any nation's history before Plato's dialogues "Timaeus" and "Critias".
    Socrates claimed that it came from a story told to him by Plato's great-grandfather who heard it when he was 10 years old from HIS great-grandfather. A story which supposedly originated with Egyptian priests.

The story supposedly happened nine thousand years before Plato's great-great-grandfather's time - not 9000 lunar cycles before Plato's time (I have no idea where you got that).

The story, if you ever read it, also talks about various Gods destroying mankind over and over again and other such folklore.
    So, are you saying that the Egyptian religious beliefs about creation and destruction of mankind are also correct?

There is no reason to think there is any shred of truth to it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

So we can chalk you up as one who says that Plato, and Critias and Timaeus, were not serious scholars.

According to the account, they were sailing in huge triremes during Atlantean times, during the Ice Age, and the Athenian kings Erecthius, Cecrops, and Erecthonius, were ruling in that timeframe, circa 1500 B.C., and don't forget those submerged megalithic ruins off Spain and Morocco (and Malta), and that land was known as Atlan, Atland, Atlantida, Attalan, and Avalon, by other people-groups, so you're surrounded.

Plato said the Atlantean Empire was outside the Pillars of Hercules, and inside as far east as the Tyrhenian Sea and Libya, they were the Sea Peoples who invaded Egypt and much of the rest of the eastern Med circa 1500 B.C., when the sea level rose, and the Middle East and Egypt began to dry out.

19. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Another in a long line bullshit straw men today.
    You are on a roll.

Where did I say that Plato was not a serious scholar?
    Where did I even imply that fables are not valid teaching tools.

It's pretty clever how you convince yourself that what you are saying is true, by arguaing against what your oponent didn't even say and avoiding what they did say.
    That way, no one would ever prove you are wrong.
    I am in awe.
    I, unfortunately wouldn't be any good at that type of "debating" as I have never been any good at lying to myself.

As for Timaeus, I don't know if he was a serious scholar or not - and neither do YOU, since there is very little known about him, and nothing originating from sources other than Plato.
    Critias? Tell me, what makes him a serious scholar?
    You have NO clue what you are talking about and running with pieces and fragments.

Do you accept that Atlantis existed, based on this story, yet deny that the other aspects of the tale (such as the Egyptian Gods destroying humanity and recreating it) are true?
    Why?

20. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Plato wrote that the regions of the earth were named after the "gods" who settled them, well how 'bout Canaan (son of Ham), Tarshish (grandson of Japheth), Atlas (son of Sidon, "Posidon," which means Father Sidon, who was a son of Canaan), Kush (son of Ham), Javan (Iawan, Ionian, son of Japheth), Thrace, Tiras (son of Japeth), on and on.

You say that Plato was a serious scholar, and he did treat the Atlantis story as serious history, so you are double minded in you thoughts about Plato, and would a serious scholar record the words of non-serious scholars, such as, according to you, Timaeus and Critias?

Atlantis was known as Atlantika (Basque), Attalan (Berber), Atlantida (Spain), Avalon (Brit), Atlan (Mexican), Atlantioi (Diodorus Sicilus), and Atlantis (Egypt), so were they all wrong too?

21. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Read what Plato recorded that Critias and Timaeus said, with their written backgrounds, and you tell me if they were serious scholars.

22. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

What is your point?

Yes.
    That may be YOUR opinion. If you recall, I said it was a fable.
    Have you ever read Timaeus and Critias?
    Wrong.
    First of all I didn't say Timaeus was not a serious scholar.
    I said no one knows, because little to nothing is known about him.
    In fact, MANY scholars believe he never did exist, he was just made up for point of illustration - as people do in fables and as Plato has been known to do.
    I also did not say that Critias was not a serious scholar, I asked you why YOU think he is.

And, the fact that Plato was a serious scholar says NOTHING of Critias and Timaeus.
    The only thing that would convince me of whether or not someone was a serious scholar would be first hand knowledge of their teachings.

Furthermore, whether or not someone was a serious scholar, says nothing about a specific claim that person made.

You have an annoying habit of not answering questions.

Leave the straw men aside, and honestly answer this simple direct questions.

Have you ever read Critias and Timaeus?
    Do you accept that Atlantis existed, based on this story, yet deny that the other aspects of the tale (such as the Egyptian Gods destroying humanity and recreating it) are true?
    Why?

23. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The "gods" gave those lands to those people listed in Genesis Ten, The Table of Nations, check it out, very sound, if you know history and etymology to any degree.

The southern Spaniards call their ancient land Tharsis and Atlantida, Tarshish was a son of Javan, a son of Japheth, and Atlas was a son of Sidon, a son of Ham, Biblical people, Plato was right.

The Egyptians, like all the other ancients, knew about the Deluge, nothing new there, if you've read up on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.