Education...

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by sevenblu, Jun 3, 2004.

1. sevenblu feeling blu Registered Senior Member

Graduated High School, two years of college...
    Took 4 1/2 years off to write a novel; self taught philosophy.

Currently enrolled in a university, studying English.

----

Also, I have 11 years Tae Kwon Do and taught martial arts and self dicipline to local and state police (never get a ticket). And am currently learning Hebrew.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

Still in school.. taugh maths for a while...

Currently learning Australian Sign Language for the darndest heck of it.

hmmm... I'm less interesting I guess.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, I have finnished school. Now passing the time until university with reading, writing and I was about to start painting again.

Also I am practicing karate and escrima just for fun.

When I do nothing of the above, I sit around and think or go out with friends and get drunk.

Not much, is it? I know, but I like it this way

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

currently in high school (grade 10)

peer tutor for math and science, co-president of school's science club, plays saxophone

currently reading a lot of books, classic fictions ranging from The Pearl to Animal Farm to The Iliad and Odessey, non-fictions in subjects including neuroscience, pathology, medicine, and biology

8. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I'm finishing high school this year. I got accepted to study English and an English/Teaching degree. I am going to wait a year, and get a couple high school credits that will allow me to study Biology/Teaching in University. I am also leaning toward theater/movie production. I think it is stupid that I need advanced Calculus to get into Biology. I play the piano at a high level, I play the bass and I am doing military basic training for the reserve army (you only go one day a month and they pay $2000 toward my University).

9. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Graduated from high school, did first degree (Biology with Management), finishing 10 years ago.

Done evening classes in Art and Arboriculture since then, and 6 piano gradings. (Did karate for a while).

Military training in electronics to BTEC level.

Currently doing distance learning degree in Astronomy & Earth Sciences. Recently began learning Greek and taking flying lessons.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2004
  10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Ah jees...

12 GCSE's A-C (Inc. Sciences, Maths, English, etc)
    2 A Levels (Psychology and English Law)
    1 AVCE ICT
    Basic German Credit
    Advanced Basketball Certificate
    Junior Swimming Certificates (

)

Currently studying Dutch, German and more ICT

Edit to add: Career goal - RAF (Pilot or Weapons Technician)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2004
  11. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

B.Sc. (Honours) in Computer Science with a Minor in Microbiology. Currently doing a Masters of Environment, for the heck of it. Career goal: professional dilettante.

12. StarOfEight A Man of Taste and Decency Registered Senior Member

Graduated high school, halfway through college, tryin' to major in IPE.

13. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, just as addition to my last post, I will (perhaps) study general linguistics and philosophy or history.

My career goal is about the same as Porfiry´s.

14. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Finished HS, achieved Associates degree in arts. Going for BFA. Main goal, so far: MFA. Possibly going for highest degree in Art History.
    Minors are not allowed in any art college that I've checked out so far, and I'm stuck in mine at least for another two years. For that reason, all things that I wish to learn aside from art I learn in proud solitude or in some beginner's level course. That includes languages, lit, science, etc. /snif.

15. JustARide America: 51% fucking idiots Registered Senior Member

Completed HS, 4 yrs. college - graduated summa cum laude (albeit with a degree in communciations/broadcasting) - currently working in radio news

Career goal: radio music director (read: least amount of work possible, with maximum free CD payoff)

Josh

16. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

BS cum laude in molecular biology, minor chemistry
    skipped masters, working as a chem technician
    in a few years i may go to grad school and on to PhD, once i figure out which field i want to go with...i had several concentrations. none of them are appealing to me right now. i'm happy with chemistry for now. maybe i'll even go with math!

17. robtex Registered Senior Member

b.a. in business
    no further education plans
    speak and write german fairly well
    speak very little japanes but can't write it
    being in tx, speak a little spanish but cannot write it.
    written about 200 poems and working on publishing them (actually not working really hard on it right now but thinking about working on publishing them)..
    not sure why listing marital arts stuff on here but i have studied martial arts since the mid 80's with tae kwon do for 5 yrs , aikdio for 4 years , wing chun for less than a year and jujutsu for 10 years.

18. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Well............ I'm part rebellist, and I've been failing my subjects because I'm failing the obedience tests constantly......... heh heh heh

19. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

What's that mean

?

and since people are putting silly stuff, I speak French (I speak and write it quite well and I passed the national French literacy test). I am getting my full Lifeguarding qualification this weekend (that's like $25 an hour in Toronto) and I got accepted to THREE UNIVERSITIES, I'm a little excitied, but I am getting extra credits this year while working. I got into the reserve army, bur I might not start training until the fall on weekends, so I applied to a few jobs for the summer, I am guaranteed to get at least one (Day Care Attendant, Museum Arechiveist or Librarian assistant, damn small town jobs are boring) tosave cash for university.... I can't wait to become educated, I never thought I would say that. I hate lingering around the lesser in lesser jobs when I have potential, and I only really realised that this year.

20. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

with honors, good sir

21. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

2 ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

22. Truenemo1889 Registered Senior Member

manga cum laude = with great praise ?
    summa cum laude = with greatest praise ?