EasyBMP

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Trilobyte, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trilobyte Registered Senior Member

Ah, it's been a while since i've visited sciforums, but I think this is my first time posting a new topic to Computer Science & Culture. I'm a self-taught newbie with C/C++ programming so bear with me....

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with using EasyBMP. The C++ library for inputing and outputing data from bitmap files.

The main website and manual don't offer much detail in the instructions:
    http://easybmp.sourceforge.net/

Basicly I can't get it to work and I don't know where to start. I get the impression it might be impossible to compile it using DevC++ which is what I have at the moment. I might need the GCC compiler (but I'm having trouble even finding a good mirror site that works...)

I tried all of the sample code from the sight and none of it compiles in DevC++. I'm more experienced with C than C++ so I can't tell yet how much of the program needs to be customised to a specific bitmap (they are all written in C++).

I want to get EasyBMP working as it's necessary to make EasyBMPtoAVI work (which as you can guess generates AVI video files from bitmap files: see the same link above).

I haven't gotten round to contacting the guy who wrote it yet (Paul Macklin). I thought I'd try here first. Any help you could offer would be great. Or does anyone know of any other ways to generate AVI video files from a C or C++ program...?

For example at the moment i've been scouring the web to try and find the exact hexadecimal byte layout of the AVI format...I'm assuming I could edit it as a binary file instead of using EasyBMP..? (this method would be more ideal as I would prefer to avoid the copyright situation on EasyBMP).

Cheers :m:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I've gotten it to compile in DevC++, here's what you do:

1. Unzip the package into the same directory as the program you're working on.

2. Copy all the include files (*.h) into the Dev-Cpp\include directory.

3. Open the project you're working on and select Project>Add to Project and add EasyBMP.cpp.

4. Add #include <easybmp.h> to any part of your project that uses the easybmp library.

Now you should be able to call any methods in easybmp.cpp from anywhere inside your program.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.