Dywyddyr is now a mod...

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Jozen-Bo, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I knew you knew, but did you have to spill the beans?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Doreen Valued Senior Member

I just can't keep up with the slang for masturbation.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Doreen Valued Senior Member

OK, straight line....

why has a thread about Dywyddyr being a moderator led to a discussion of masturbation?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Well the obvious answer is that someone thinks I'm a wanker...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Or it's a comment on the *cough* intellectual content of the thread as a whole.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Guh. Don't pass off your thinly-veiled allegories on me, Sir. Wipe them on your own trousers, if you will.

Harumph harumph!

GeoffP

PS: And no one listen to the Welshman. The OP starter is clearly some kind of fascist.

9. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

It wouldn't have done what it was suppose(d) to if he did.

10. Gustav Banned Banned

darn!
    busted

yup
    me talking to me
    way back in the day

11. Gustav Banned Banned

putting my offended sensibilities aside for the moment, rav's proposition was quite correct tho....... with regards to at least.....females

Although commonly believed that males are more promiscuous than females, new research has revealed that female infidelity is a common occurrence throughout the animal kingdom. Female Infidelity and Paternal Uncertainty is the first book to address how males deal with the consequences of female infidelity and the strategies they have evolved to try to avoid the possibility of raising an offspring they unknowingly did not sire. (link)

Semen has mind control properties

The more a woman has sex with her partner, the more committed she becomes, and the less attracted she is to other men — at least in the short-term. I blogged about this study several weeks ago and offered explanations both hormonal and psychological. But another theory came to my attention today in the form of a study on fruit flies.

For decades, scientists have known that female Drosophila refuse sex for a period of time after contact with seminal fluid. This may give a reproductive edge to the first male with whom a female has sex. A study led by Geoffrey Findlay at the University of Washington has finally shed some light on the phenomenon. It turns out there are proteins in seminal fluid, many of which transfer to the female after sex. Some of these proteins are warrior-like — they fight the sperm of rival males. Other proteins are like hypnotists — entering the female’s circulatory system, they may hormonally dampen her interest in sex with other males. Somewhat disturbingly, the more semen a female is exposed to, the more influence the male has over her reproductive tract and her mating behavior. Semen, it seems, has mind control properties.

The primary putative mind-altering ingredients in semen:

Luteinizing hormone: astounding concentration in semen; linked to high sperm count and motility. Absorption into female bloodstream may facilitate or even induce ovulation.

Prolactin: influences maternal behavior, oxytocin secretion; mediates bonding

Estrone and estradiol: assists in recipient’s absorption of other compounds such as progesterone; may boost woman’s sexual motivation and mood

Testosterone: may increase sex drive and motivation; the more intercourse, the higher the testosterone levels in women, and the stronger the sexual desire. More than half the amount of testosterone in sperm has been found to be absorbed by the vagina.

Cytokines: these are the “warriors,” they suppress immune reaction to semen invading the vagina and cervix and therefore increase likelihood of pregnancy

Enkephalins: these opioids may contribute to orgasmic experience. They may decrease anxiety and cause drowsiness after sex. There’s also speculation that they assist in immune function and “reinforcing effects” — making a woman come back for more, i.e. addiction (although the absorption rate in female bloodstream is unknown)

Oxytocin: assists in stimulation of ovulation, increases production of other hormones, initiates bonding, facilitates orgasmic contractions; may strengthen bonding and make sexual activity more rewarding

Placental proteins, including human chorionic gonadotrophin (hcg) and human placental lactogen: associated with sperm motility; may increase chances of pregnancy

Relaxin: made in the prostate, this hormone may facilitate fertilization, implantation, and uterine growth. The role of relaxin suggests that women should keep having a lot of sex during pregnancy because sperm has pregnancy-maintaining properties. Relaxin also facilitates implantation and prevents preterm labor.

Thyrotropin-releasing hormones: potential anti-depressive; works by stimulating the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone, which in turn triggers hormone production in the mood-mediating thyroid gland. In pill form, it’s used to treat PMS and depression.

Serotonin: increases sperm motility. It also mediates mood, although not much known yet about vaginal absorption. Even if it doesn’t make it to the brain, it may indirectly alter behavior and emotions by contributing the building blocks of serotonin​