Drunks vs Stoners

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Orleander, May 30, 2009.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Who Drives Better??

...None of the doped-up or drinking drivers were models of safety on the road. They tended to switch lane positions, swerve, and vary their steering. But the THC cigarette smokers drove significantly slower than the liquored-up subjects, who zoomed down the virtual lanes. The drinking drivers also tended to be confident and boast a sense of control, while the pot smokers seem to be "more aware of their impairment."...

Didn't surprise me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I've never driven drunk and I've never been stoned, so I have no personal experience in this. But, based on people I've observed, I'd bet on the stoned person to make it home without killing anyone.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CatherineW Registered Senior Member

Yep I would vote stoners.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

It is as I have always argued. Vaporized Weed will always be more healthy for you than alcohol could ever be.

8. wise acre Registered Senior Member

If I walked into a 'bar' in the middle of nowhere and a lot of big men were in there I WOULD DAMN WELL prefer they were really stoned over them being really drunk.

Drunks date rape.

Drunks like to fight.

Stoners like to eat bad food and watch videos. They can get overwhelmed by the shapes in their fingerprints. They drape themselves over furniture and listen to noodly musik.

The amount violent crimes, domestic violence or between strangers, with alcohol as a factor is enormous.

These tendencies are seen in the DWI situations where drunks are more aggressive.

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Alcohol tends to make people feel superior, courageous, smart, aggressive and invincible. A recipe for disaster.

Dope tends to make people feel a little paranoid, so they're even more worried about being noticed by the cops than they are about having an accident. It also tends to diminish any sense of urgency, so they're never in a hurry to get anywhere. As long as they got food in the car and a good stereo, it doesn't matter how long it takes.

Lotta stoned people out there in rush hour traffic. They're the ones playing air drums on their steering wheel and not even noticing that their car has been standing still for ten minutes.

As one person summed it up: Pot makes it impossible to be bored. No matter where you are, there's something interesting that you can really get into.

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Drunks vs. Stoners? In such a brawl, the stoners would most often get their asses kicked. Such a fight is as rare as it is unfair, because stoners generally retain the intelligence to de-escalate or avoid the melée.

11. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Stoners drive better as long as no hallucinations run in front of their car.

12. wise acre Registered Senior Member

Even then they'd probably hit the brakes, unless it looked like a bag of potato chips.

13. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

If you ever find some weed that will give you visuals that detailed, you let me know. I've never even seen something that detailed, or even an inantimate object on shrooms or acid, let alone just weed.

14. wise acre Registered Senior Member

Hey, I was building on his or her assertion. Me, I am a cheap date - iow one beer puts me in a stupor, likewise for any other drug including ones, I have not taken, of course, dear NSA reader, because they are illegal. Despite this 'lack' of experience, I am certain that I would have visual hallucinations. If I take asprin and lie in a fairly dark room I see things that are not there.

With some cough medicine I could have started The Doors.

15. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

drunk drivers maintain new cars sale.... stoners drive 20 year old cars

16. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA! The car I use for work and work travel is an '89 Integra; and it's a beater too. I also have an '05 Subaru but I don't want to put miles on it and the Teggy gets 10 more mpg and doesn't require 93 octane.

17. wise acre Registered Senior Member

You just think that's what the car is.

18. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Uhhh. I know it is. There is a dent in the front right fender, and dent in the tail light plate. The paint has rusted in several areas. It began it's road life in Martha's Vineyard. The suspension is pretty much shot. The alignment shop said the right front tire sits a bit farther back than the left front (probably due to the same accident that caused the dent in the fender). Unfortunately it was even in worse condition when I bought it. However, it runs like a dog after inadvertently pissing on an electric fence. I paid only $900 for it, and it gets just under 35 mpg. I've never been so happy to own a beater in my life.

But as far as the orig. post and poster, I am going to have to agree with her on this one. What does the gub'mint have to gain by keeping it illegal? I just can't see it.

19. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

goobermint likes the kickbacks from the drug lobbyist

pharma owns a lot of officials.

then you have your white trash talk show hosts addicted to hilly billy heroin

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Heh

I once saw virtual reality cows grazing over Interstate 5, and then the Siskyous rose up and bled.

Problem was, I was sober. That would have been about twenty-seven hours into the most harrowing drive of my life.

As to driving when stoned, well, there's always the Fifth, isn't there? But one can always infer, I suppose. After all, I managed to avoid getting arrested for nine years with a warrant out for my ass, and for most of that time I had no idea I was wanted. I do recall one night, after a prolonged break from dope that I actually chose not to drive because I managed to wrap myself in a KGB haze.

21. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

And just think how a person is treated for growing a few marijuana plants... often they're treated like they ran someone over with a car.

I can't grow marijuana, but I could brew vats of my own beer or ferment barrels of wine, and that would be an acceptable pasttime.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. CatherineW Registered Senior Member

Seriously?

23. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Drunks are worse. They piss you off more.

I met an old friend of mine last night in a pub...he isn't a friend any more.

He constantly harassed me, even asked me to go out with him, despite being several decades older, even though I said no.

His friends actually egged him on, yelling 'Give her a kiss!'

He dropped that idea when I threw a kick at his head...

He wouldn't get out of my personal space. I ended up sticking out two fingers right near his eyes, so he had a choice between being blinded, or removing his face from right near my nose. He chose the latter. Even my friends noticed, one actually came over and asked if this guy needed dealing with. Stupid drunk fucker.

You don't get that crap from stoners, they just lie around and occasionally bore you with their strange druggy thoughts.