Drugs and their legality

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by jjhlk, May 28, 2002.

1. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Adam

OH! Well then its alright then

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hope you feel better soon. You really should try a doobie. Works like a charm for me

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

I don't think mary jane is that innocent.

I blaim it for giant holes in memory and lack of concentration. That on the more subjective side

It is also known that mary jane can cause paranoid schizoprhenia.

I am for the legalisation, because alcohol and tobacco are also legal. Also it is stupid to pay fines or go to jail for something like that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Funny. I have an excellent memory and have been tokin for 10 years or so. It sure can make me paranoid sometimes though

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. le coq Registered Senior Member

I'd like see the references linking mj to paranoid schizophrenia.
    Mj may be a supporting actor in some cases, but I have a hard time believing it's the playwright.

The way I see it, the current legal status of mj and other drugs is somewhat like the control the Church had over helio-/geo-centric thought in Galilieo's day. Plenty of smart people know that there is something definitely wrong with the current paradigm; sadly, as history seems to indicate, we have to wait for the elders to die off and lose their power. It's going to take time, maybe longer than our own lifetimes. It won't come all at once, either. I don't think I want meth production to be legalized right away... there are cultures of alcohol in our country that influence society as a whole (not always for the better). There are, to some extent, cultures of illegal drugs that effect society. I don't mind many of these cultures, but there are some I definitely don't like. While I think people have a right to do whatever they want in their own home, no matter where they live, I don't want certain drugs becoming a public entity (festivals, commercials) where I live, i.e., ,meth, coke, and the like. Other drugs could probably improve society if they became more prominent. Just think, if Arafat and Sharon would just boot up a spliff and maybe a tab of E, we could most likely bypass a lot of world tragedy. Supposedly E is a hot item in Israel now. I don't blame them.

John Le Coq

"People of the world, let's roll!"