Drivers see sex attack in street but fail to stop

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Feb 13, 2008.

?

Would you stop, and help?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2008.
  1. Yes

91.7%
  2. No

4.2%
  3. Who cares? Its not my problem

4.2%
  1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I did too! Let's say a 4 foot long machete hanging down the hip of the rapist and there is a shiny something looking like a Magnum on his other side...

But sure, I would stop and politely ask him to leave the lady alone....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

its no excuse!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Which? Being small and weak or not having a cock?
    I agree with only one of those being a good excuse.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

you havent got to have a cock, just a god damn back bone!

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

anti-flag, would you stop?

9. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Finally, someone who understands gender is irrelevant.

10. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

it is irrelevent, all because you are a guy doesnt make oyu stronger or better than me, (even though you are stronger than me probably)

11. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Exactly

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I can understand someone small and weak would probably just call the police and shout at someone commiting any crime as sadly the law protects criminals so there is little anyone smaller can do, either you go to jail for a long time and get sued or you lie in a bloody mess while the crime continues - violence seems so senseless sometimes.:shrug:

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i have to ask thouhg, for those who said "no we wont stop and help" if they saw they're children being attacked would you stop then? would you want someone to stop if your child was being attacked, thats the way i look at it, but perhaps i have more morals than some people

13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Calling the cops takes time, Acting right away might prevent penetration or limit it(including getting STDs and pregancy and all that shit).

Act if you can, then call the cops - as you drive away cause really who wants to talk to cops, not me.

14. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Well draqons the only one who said no

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

but I'll attempt an answer.
    Children could be a different concept, it's unlikely to be a mere fight/brawl/domestic whatever where someone is losing and you just happen to roll up at that point, so I think everyone would stop for a child. For an adult you'd always stop if you knew(and obviously liked) the person, it's that human sociological mentality that makes us protect family and friends because they help us.
    It'd be interesting to know what people would do if say, the person being attacked had just murdered someone? Would anyone want to protect someone if they'd just witnessed them do that?

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i would, There was a really good eposode of All Saints on this very subject. A guy came in prevented them from treating pts (some of whom died), shot and asulted others and blew up the path lab (leading to more deaths on top of those which happened in the blast). The cops found the guy who did it and as he was being arested he was shot and taken to All Saints as a pt. Lots of the nurses and doctors were quite in favor of leting the guy die or treating him with no morphine (basically torchering the guy) but the head of the ED said "we are not god, we are here to treat the guy, he will get his punishment from the courts not us". Its actually a subject i have thought about because im quite likly to BE in that sort of situation (called to the jail or treating someone shot on arest ect). We just have to do our job, we dont chose which pts deserve treatment and which dont. We just treat them all