Does Israeli Elite Believe They Are The Master Race?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by common_sense_seeker, Jun 2, 2010.

?

Do You Think That The Israeli Elite Believe They Are The Master Race?

1. No - this is a complete fallacy

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Yes - it pervades the attitude of their TV representatives

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. I don't know - what are you talking about?

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No not all Jews. Just all Israelis.

Like these guys enjoying a day out, watching civilians being murdered with white phosphorus

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Or these guys, dancing to the tune of "Never Again"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So, again: you attribute this sentiment to all Israelis. I have no evidence of any such justification by Israelis, nor by Jews in general, nor of the parameters of the questions asked in the survey or the effectiveness of the poll. Nor is there a connection of this to racist sentiment. I am increasingly pushed to the view that you're conducting racist trolling; you yourself define this supposed ranking of value as race-based. Ergo, you are making a racist argument. Your history on the forums would tend to support this. Do you have an explanation?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So you attribute these values to the Arab population also? Arab and Jewish Israelis - all of them, seemingly - have got the same appreciation of 'white phosphorous attacks', the role of which is still debated militarily?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't look for justifications, just observe the treatment of those who are not of their race.

Like the change from a multicultural society to a Jewish state

When the most important criteria for living is a state is Jewishness we're way past the master race mentality. We are into outright racism.

Israel To Build More Jewish-only Apartments In East Jerusalem

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

When exactly was it a multicultural society?

I see that you're not really denying this any more.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Denying what? That they build Jewish only apartments in areas where there was a multicultural society? Why would I deny that?

10. kmguru Staff Member

The israeli could have easily sunk the ship with a missile from the Gaza area and blamed the Gaza people or just blown up the ship from inside or from a mine blaming the ship was carrying mines. Why did not they do that if they consider themselves the Masters on the Universe?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Possibly because of all the reporters who were waiting for the ships in Gaza, also because Gazans don't have missiles.

Besides, they want to be the victims, even when they are conducting the massacres.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Who is "they"? Specify.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Again: who is "they"?

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The ones building the Jewish only apartments and then living in them.

What is your opinion of this practice? Its been going on since 1948

15. Slysoon Registered Senior Member

This sequence made me laugh. It also made me realize I have long believed that popular image of stoning to be genuine. Thank you for clearing that up.

Regarding the primary topic, Jewish intellectuals have long held the belief that they as a people are truly separate and unique from non-Jews (Gentiles). This distinction greatly predates the state of Israel, and has its origins in many of Judaism’s most holy and revered scriptures. The most prominent of Judaic scriptures in this regard is the Babylonian Talmud which, in contrast to the Jerusalem Talmud, is brimming with what would be interpreted today as highly racial ideologies and commentaries as offered at the time by the amorian and savorian rabbis. What many of these scriptures and commentaries share is a sense of Jewish enlightenment compared to the sullen, misguided masses, and a feeling of estrangement from non-Jews.

Ultimately, the scriptures clearly indicate God’s special relation with the Jewish people. Even in the Zohar, which serves as the main body of Kabbalah (Jewish mysticism which relates Creator to creation), there are texts which state how God will never reject the Jews and will always protect them from their enemies, even though they have egregiously sinned in the past, and continue to do so. Kabbalah’s influence on Jewish culture cannot be understated; in fact, there are many famous Kabbalists from the Middle Ages who helped define and popularize the distinction between Jew and Gentile, claiming Jews to have a higher level of soul, spirituality, and enlightenment than Gentiles. This is why many medieval Jewish philosophers believed Jews alone were capable of learning all of the secrets and decoding all of the symbolism of Kabbalah.

What relation the Tanakh, Talmud, Babylonian rabbis and Kabbalah have with modern day Israeli elitists is difficult to explain. Although many high level Israelis are secular and void of faith, they remain fervently attached to Jewish customs and traditions and all were taught of these concepts and others like it as children. All of the evidence suggests that there is a Jewish elite - especially one in Israel - which considers itself superior to other peoples, as supported by many Jewish scriptures, cultural customs, and even nuances of language which date back thousands of years. Of course, the epic scale of Jewish success and accomplishments throughout the centuries - and especially as of late - would go a long way in developing complexes of superiority in any group of people, Jew or otherwise.

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

well tis like something I read about create villians for RPG's you can't have some one be evil all the time. they need to be good some of the time and in some reason or else they would have no support. They could have just torpedoed it but than they would have no real way to spin it to make them look good.

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Doesn't wash. You've been applying this standard to Israelis as a whole; or specifically to Jewish Israelis.

It is reprehensible, not that that is relevant now. We are discussing something pertinent to yourself.

I note Slysoon - who I think has been up for racist arguments before on SF - has dropped by to lend moral support. PJ, interestingly, has also taken up your unrefined argument.

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

peoples histories matter. the argument it refined you just don't like it.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Actually this thread is about Israeli racism, to which the Jewish only housing is directly relevant and your opinions about me are not.

Is it racism to build Jewish only housing in Palestine?

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

O really?

This is refined?

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Not so. You're the one presenting the arguments here. I've been critiqued on my motivations recently; let's examine those who make sweeping statements. And you're the one who most often has her hands on the broom.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So its NOT racist to build Jewish only housing in Palestine?

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

It is. But you're accusing all Israelis of this. Is it NOT racist to label all Israelis - let's be frank, here: Jews - with this specific crime?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.