Does God Think?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Varda, Feb 22, 2006.

1. usp8riot Registered Senior Member

Of course God thinks, what kind of stupid question is that? If you create something, how do you do it without thinking? We are created in God's likeness. We think to create. To not think to find the best way to do something is mere chaos. You never know what you're going to come up with. If He didn't think, then He wouldn't be a God. If he was automated, wouldn't that make Him a thing? No more than a sun going about it's business to provide warmth to an Earth of intelligent beings? If you believe in a God that creates, sure, I believe He must think also. If He supposedly feels sadness, happiness, displeasure, then He must think if you believe in the Bible.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Can you explain it to us?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Methinks that the all knowing god thinks about what he's going to think about even before he thinks it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kibbles Registered Senior Member

What?

I was just thinking that if such a thing were proveable, it could become the basis for a logically irrefutable benevolent social system. Maybe.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  8. Kibbles Registered Senior Member

Information can also cause mental overload. I think it's understanding that increases awareness. Not something that can be used in thought processes

Also, I don't need proof. I want proof I can present to other people.

What if it could be quantified? Would that not be a remarkeable thing?
    When I say I want proof, I'm not saying "Prove it to me". I'm saying, "perhaps its possible to take all of this, bring it to the realm of psychology/objective reason/whatever, and prove it true."

(Wouldn't that be cool?... and what if we could use it to tap into the God-"Mind/being" (as opposed to the patriarchal idea of the mind that is God))

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006