Does God ---- Do unto others?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Jan 23, 2012.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So Christianity is anti-semitism, got it. Jews were criminally insane, and it wasn't until Christianity came along that people got civilized.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Yet again I must remind you of your own admonition:
    Otherwise you must assume that any consequences are simply those of exercising freewill, not some constraints from on high. Hell is not a specific place, only a state or circumstance people find themselves in as a direct consequence of freewill.

Since you're repeating the same argument in different threads, I'll just repeat my own reply, which you agreed with.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

GIM, faith will never die. Consider who he is, the leader of Gods army.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I deal with everyone who believes in a literal Christ the same way. If they cannot understand that it is immoral to try to profit from the murder of an innocent man, then they will either get it from what I gave or not. If they did and recognize that immoral stance then I am here for them. If not, they do not have any civil notion of morals or law and I write them off.

I do not have time for all the fools I bump into and I am busy at present.

FMPOV, any who follow a religion based on human sacrifice like Christianity is has no clue as to what a proper moral position is.

Regards
    DL

8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Ya. Satan.

You are right about faith never dying.
    There will always be fools willing to shed reason and logic and believe that staffs can turn into snakes and that donkeys can speak human.

Insanity and delusion will always be a human trait.

Regards
    DL

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Thanks for this.

What was your point though?

If you wanted to highlight this -----

"The "punishment" was just the natural consequence of being able to judge right from wrong, not a penalization per se. "

---- are you suggesting that cursing the earth and all the other woes God imposed are natural consequences.

We agree on natural free will but that has nothing to do with God.

I admit that the quinine I take has been a bit more active lately so I may have missed something.

Regards
    DL

10. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

The natural consequence of being more aware is that man could recognize his own hardship. This doesn't mean that the earth was literally cursed, only that by comparison it would seem that way to man. Nothing about the earth would have to have changed at all.

I have not made any argument that freewill necessitates a god or vice versa. The only argument I have made is that the two are logically compatible.

If freewill exists then if a god exists, it cannot be held to blame, as meaningful choices can only exist in an environment where only intrinsic influences are allowed.

11. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

My point is that you're not listening to what is being said. His points were not foolish, and they explain alot. How can you justify ignoring them, especially as this is your thread.

If you refuse to listen and respond to responces based on your personal view, then your presence here becomes questionable.
    It's time to stop with preaching, and start to engage in discussions that seeks to show where your reasoning is flawed.

jan.

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

We agree except for one small factor.
    The moment a God would say, though shalt not, free will is no longer free. The consequences of his punishments kick in.
    What is understood is though shalt not and if you do, burn.

Then, so dogma says, he does unto us what a moral person would not do to ourselves or others.

Regards
    DL

13. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

My reasoning is never flawed.
    I think before I lay it out there.

I tend to know who I can discuss things with or not.
    My friend above had so many wrong assumptions other than the Jesus angle that I knew we would not get far.

That is why I gave him my bottom line in terms of objections. If he could not deal with it, then I would know I was right.

I like discussions. I do not like to waste my time.

Regards
    DL

14. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Greatest I am,
    On the contrary. God's commanding something means that thing wasn't being done prior to it.

The consequences of not acting according to the best interest of the soul, the essence of the person, the part which God is pertaining to, kicks in.
    IOW, there is a price to pay for every action we perform, which is a natural
    thing.

Your conclusion is based on your twisting the words to suit yourself.
    You're not taking into account who and what God is, by description. You're not taking into account the power of God (even as a fictional character). You're real, and only position, is one of new atheist, as you only cherry pick the statements that you can compare with modern day humanity and its laws.
    Yet you accept that God is a murderer, and immoral. Can you not see how warped that is. If you don't accept the God as a whole, why bother to accept that God is God, at all.

Just say you don't believe, then move on with your life.
    Why spend so much time on a lost cause?

jan.

15. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Greatest I am,

Every aspect of your reasoning is flawed.
    To prove differently, you need to tackle the counter arguments, not just push them aside, and replace it with your ideology. Or show us that your understanding of biblical events is correct, and ours, wrong

Why do you think that you are correct, and he is wrong?
    What do you know that he doesn't?

Your ''bottom line'', is configuered to your worldview, you use terminologies that confirm your emotion. We can see you.

What is your purpose here?
    To discuss about God and religion?
    Or to tell us that you're right, and no matter what anybody else say's, there wrong, if they don't happen to agree to your ideas?

Do you think you could be wrong about some of the ideas you present?

I don't think you like discussions.
    And I take ''waste my time'' to mean, you're not interested in anything that does not agree with you.

jan.

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I do not believe in bible God and have moved on to do my duty to mankind. Correct foolish and harmful thinking.

You have said I am an atheist and I am not.
    I just have a better and more moral God than bible God.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
    They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBv8tv62yGM

Promoting death to Gays.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Zg_BVzw&feature=related

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
    Fight them when you can. It is your duty to your fellow man. It is to you to ----move on--- to do the right thing. Your duty

Regards
    DL

17. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

You haven't paid attention, as I've already dismissed any punishment directly from a god. Freewill requires consequences, as otherwise it would not be meaningful. A god doesn't directly visit these consequences upon us. Just like causation in the natural world, we draw the consequences of our own free actions.

For someone who admonishes against taking scripture literally, you seem awfully hellbent on criticizing it in a purely literal light. A bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say? Or does that just serve your purpose?

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

It serves my purpose.

Regards
    DL

19. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Shitty purpose.

20. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

How is that?
    Show what you mean.

Regards
    DL

21. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Well you seem to be interested only in ridiculing the literal, rather than seeking any positive way to increase the understanding beyond the literal. Such tactics work no better than a hostile atheist.

Religion is a primer for personal growth. The literal is there for those who may actually need it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree.

Unfortunately, those who use the bible as their external conscience, and are supposed to outgrow it as you seem to say, and reach adulthood without recognizing that, then what, other than tough love, are we to use to reason with them?

Regards
    DL

23. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Faith is not ignorant. I speak the truth, Jesus did not turn water into wine like snap* nor did he walk on water. Im no fool. Retract that statement, friendo.