Does America have Chavs?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by The Flemster, Dec 8, 2005.

1. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

:bugeye:
    Or anywhere else, for that matter.
    England, especially the cities, is overrun with mean, sinister little wankers dressed in identical sportsware, spitting and looking menacing!

Incidently, if you have no idea what I'm talking about and wish to know more on the growing culture of the chav, try this link:

www.chavscum.com

The Flemster.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

God dammit your right, im in the school 'IT' room, and right in front of me there are three stupid-ass-sons-of-bitches, probably just off the council housing estate, they've all got virtually identical 'shell suits', with 'Addidas' down the leg, chains gallor, and annoying baseball caps pointed almost vertical in the air!!

So far not one of them has spat on the keyboards...yet!! Something must be wrong, perhaps i'd better go and see if their ok?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Little wankers, their off now. Probably to meet up with the other half dozen chav'ayts', to stare morosely at passing girls!

Something should be done!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

We don't call them Chavs. It's like 'urban' or 'hip-hop' or 'black'.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

No no, we have all that aswell, these Chavs are different, let me explain.

The term 'Chav', reffers to the 'Council House AVerage', basically i guess its fairly snobby, but they are usually lowest of the working class, they play on this, and as they dont really have that much money i.e. their parents work in burger king, so they dress up ellaboratlly, with chains and new designer label's... this is to SHOW and to PROVE that they are equal and 'well off', unfortunatly it doesnt work!

When they are older enough to drive (17) they buy cheap body kits to make their cars look worth more than they are, they put low profiles, and big speakers, and expect every single girl in the neighbourhood to come in swarms to them.They drive round the towns, with their oversized exhausts, and blaring dance music doing 'pussy laps', basically eyeing up any worthy girl!!

Basically their a bunch of complete wankers.

8. Roman Banned Banned

Yeah, I hate to tell you, but Americans invented that.

9. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Well thanks alot!!!

10. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Here we call them "Oakland Raider fans".

11. Roman Banned Banned

Or just turn on MTV. They're everywhere.

It's funny to see the crap cars drive around, their sound system producing only bass, with only one spinner. Couldn't afford 4 new rims.

12. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

I think they call it "white trash" over there? It's funny when walking past a group of "chavs" - They need to say something. It's interesting to hear what they come out with and to see if they can show any wit.

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

No wait...the feedback is funnier

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/whattheysay.php

example:

15. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

.......cause IIIIIIII wanna beeeeeeee .....anarcheeeeeee
    Actually, from the way CHAVs are descrived on wikipedia, we have phases where we have chav-like fad subcultures.
    I think in the 80/90s, we would have called them PUNKS.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  16. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yeah, we have em here. We call em "wiggers".

- N

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm too much of an anorak to know what a chav is.

18. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Well, going after the information from that site, yeah, we got loads of those bums here in Germany too.

I think they are quite amusing, always having some gold-adorned runt in a pink shirt trying to threaten me, but I suppose that might be their normal behaviour, since they always do that. Anyway, what to say about that? Whatever the Americans invent, it takes about 1-2 weeks and it is quite the fashion here.

Still cannot forget the two fourteen year old chavs who actually messed with a friend of mine, and of course they were quite drunk. Naturally, first they had to get their clothes off their upper body, to display their gold chains and sun-studio tanned skin. Was quite funny, especially when one of them started to cry just because he got hit with a beerbottle.

19. Roman Banned Banned

American subcultures similar to the British Chav:

1. White trash
    2. Wiggers
    3. Urban culture & Hip-hop

1. White trash covers a lot of ground. It's essentially any poor, immoral, uneducated white person. In cities they live in slums and are involved with drugs. They don't know the fathers of their babies. They work fast food jobs, or just collect welfare.

The suburban white trash live in trailer parks and, if they work, work blue collar jobs. The differences are the suburban white trash's fascination with the wilderness. Some may own rifles (as opposed to glocks or berettas), shotguns or fourwheelers. You will find mullets on some suburban white trash. They also shop at Walmart. In the South, the line between suburban and rural white trash is faint.

Rural white trash = hicks, hillbillies, etc.

2. Wigger is a term for a white person behaving black. See urban culture

3. Urban is a broad category, and may include punks (derivative of that particular rock music genre) and skaters (graffiti, typically mellow, music taste varied; though they listen to IDM and electronica).

However, the type we are talking about is the one that came from rap culture. For white suburban youth, they fill their SUV with huge speakers to blast their music, buy spinners for their hubcaps, and are generally identical to a chav. Urban is the term used to describe a certain culture that was predominantly a black thing until it made its way into white, middle class, suburban teenage homes.

Anyone can play along with the urban culture, but it's a little funny to see skinny, pimply white boys from the suburbs pretend to be black gangsters.

Watch MTV.

20. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Chavs, haha, even when Brits start taking on African American culture they are still painfully white. Sounds like chavs are just a mix of the MTV ghetto culture type kids, and ricers. See if you can come to America for a few years, then move back - I guarantee you'll have become desensitized. I'd wager that if a chav tried to integrate into America's degenerate lower-class youth culture he'd quickly be compared to James bond and earn the nick name "Prince William" - it's the accent that does it, everything you people say sounds like Shakespeare to us, we're helpless.

Then again, these Chavs seems slightly incomparable with the genuine article, what with their anglo heritage - they'd just have to settle for the suburban ghetto wanna' be wiggers - which would no doubt make them envious of the fact that these kids actually live in nice neighborhoods and their parents have decent jobs - or they'd have to cozy up to nascar, Budweiser and living in a trailor with a 300 lb blond woman.

Anyhow, to directly answer the question in the title, I guess you could say yes, but only in that Chavs are emulating a culture that began in America - we're all about pitbulls, spinnin' rims, gluing a spoiler to the back of your Honda civic, and then driving down a residential street thumping the worst and most bassey song you can possibly find through the speakers that cost more than you will ever spend on education.

21. Chris_Smith Registered Senior Member

The world needs scallies (chavs), to make the rest of us realise we're pretty well off foke in pretty much every way... wherever you are in the world. ("eeyah - where's me biftas!"... and all of that)

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Council
    House
    And
    Violent

Hate the fuckers. Used to live in the largest council estate in the piggin' country so feel pity for me. And I work right next to it (but I get an extra 25p an hour for doing so, w00t). When I was at school many years ago it was "Townies/Chavs vs Alternatives/Grungers/Goths" but now the whole conflict has escalated into a mainstream media circus...and I fookin' love it.

But to be fair, not all of them are bad. But it's somewhat disturbing to see 5 year olds with their trousers tucked into their socks, collars up high and sports baseball cap struting their stuff.

And chav's aren't like wiggas, they don't think they're black...well, not all of them. There are similiarities, but they're not the same. Just as bad though.

23. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

RE: the cars they drive

My husband's got a '92 Camaro hopped up to the ass for power. It's got a Flowmaster and a high flow catalytic that makes it sound like Armageddon when it rumbles down the street. It's only a 3.1 V6, but it's so modified that it behaves like a souped up 350. It holds 135mph easy with a ton of high-end torque, and the ramped up suspension makes the handling characteristics pretty sweet. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this car that says a slammed Honda Civic can dust it, especially when they slap a huge-ass spoiler on the back taking traction off of their drive wheels. Still they insist on trying. So while their little fart-can exhausts are trying to build up the back-pressure for any kind of decent power to get their bolt-on sewing-machine motors churning, we're down the road looking for our next race.